Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

Holy :censored:. I didn't think I could get more fired up about this, but I just watched the video posted on ESPN of the NE* broadcast of the hit.

Guy 1: White came down on the sideline, and then Gronkowski landed on top of White and I think Gronk may get called for...

Idiot: GOOD! Good for him. You wanna hold him the whole way?!?

Guy 1: a personal foul.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21655874

And you wonder why the Pats* are hated? Your player deliberately concussed another player who was laying face down on the ground and your response is "GOOD! Good for him."?

:censored: off!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

How much does he make per game? My guess is this will cost him a bunch of money. Let's say he makes $500k per game...that's already a bit crazy of a fine for what he did, even if what he did was awful. If they could fine him something reasonable and then suspend him for multiple games that makes sense, but at some point missing a game check for each game gets to be excessive...having a system where that has to be taken into account when punishing on field behqvior is messed up too...so a lower paid player would get 2 games or maybe 3 because the fine, which is an appropriate amount of time for his team to lose his services, wouldn't be as crazy.

Suzy Kolber on Monday Night Cuntdown, about the Gronk suspension:  "I'm just sorry we won't see him on Monday Night Football".  B word

Steve Young:  "You want to stop that?  Suspend him for 4 games.  Give them something to think about, not being able to work for a month."  Steve Young rocks!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Should honestly be more. Mike Evans got one game for shoving Lattimore in the back. What Gronk did was worse. Targetted the head of the player and giving him a concussion. He should get 3 games. One for hitting player from behind like Evans, one for targeting head, and one more for hit resulting in injury

Gronk better watch his back in 3 weeks. Someone is gonna get him back if they are only giving out one game for intentionally injuring players.

If they did any more than 1 game, he wouldn’t be available for the big game against the Steelers on national TV.

The NFL will always be about the bottom line over everything else, which is why they keep fing up

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If Tre misses more than one game then it wasn't enough.

If you wanna get real..and make it count, why not suspend him for one game......against the Bills?? 

Same crap happened with Elliot.

If its a division game, suspend him for the next game against the team that the infraction occured. If they are done playing that team that year, fine...next team benefits. But how the hell does this benefit us at this point??.

Elliot pushed his back long enough to get some playing time. If you wanna hit them where it hurts, suspend them for the next meeting of division opponent that the infraction occured against. Otherwise,  its no use to us. Like I said, if you dont play that specific opponet again this year, carry on with the next game suspension. If they appeal, and lose, add another game. 

Why should his flagrant foul benefit some other team when it occured against us? And possibly hurt our rookie player for any lost time?

Stupid......

That hit was some bllshit. the bills players looked madd puss to the nation for just letting that happen. At that point in the game, you know we lost, might as well send the league a message, if you play dirty well give you the receipt.

The only excuse im willing to buy is none of our players wanted to pay that league fine. I get that. Our players arent super stars, theyre bargain basement rejects McDerm collected and gave tiny contracts too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Of course he's appealing.  That's just pro forma, and a goid thing, since that means it involves the NFLPA.

How about the NFLPA goes to bat for Tre?  Instead of saying @#$% you Tre, tough titty.  How does the NFLPA justify taking sides on this issue?  If anything, they should be fighting for Tre to get Gronk's suspension extended. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

One that will be ratings gold they hope and no Gronk MAY weaken the product.  Sad but a feesable argument.

I see you working.  It's all about the Benjamins.

2 hours ago, MDH said:

I'd like to see them change to rule so if you hit a player after the play and it results in an injury you miss as many games as the injured player PLUS a normal suspension. 

I wanted this for Bertuzzi's dirty hit on Steve Moore.  That POS should never have played another minute of hockey after that hit.  What if Tre can never play again?  We may not know for a while.  We all hope Tre is OK, but if he isn't, the NFL is going to look very bad for not sending a message here.  But of course, it's just the Bills, so WGAF outside of Buffalo?

Edited by Freddie's Dead

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Reading this letter makes me wonder how the guy hit Flacco did not get suspended. 

Watch the play.Flacco takes forever and a day to give himself up. A player moving as fast as Alonso was cannot stop that quickly . Heck even a HOF QB tweeted something to the effect that he needed to get down faster than that. It was during the play, not after. It was derserving if a fine due to a blow to the head, but Alonso was aiming mid torso. The Gronkowski incident was completely after the play , and the player he hit was on the ground, half OB and had been touched down already by a NE player. Amazing if you can't distinguish the glaring difference between the two. 

56 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Of course it's only one game.  The NFL doesn't want the Patriots* to play the Steelers without Gronk.

If he appeals, the proceedings will drag out long enough so that any enforcement will come after Week 15 Patriots* @ Steelers

100% right, and it's pathetic on the part of the NFL. I'm curious what the reaction would have been if Kyle Williams swan dove on Brady with a forearm to his head while he was lying on the field after going to the ground? 

What a freakin' joke (the NFL is). Should have been a four game suspension without even thinking about it, then think about it, and maybe give him longer, like the rest of the year.

Tonight on ESPN, HOFer Steve young said the same thing....should have been at least 4 games. He said that a mere one game won't stop anybody else from doing something like that.

I don't think I could be any more disgusted with the NFL than I am right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills won't get the chance because Gronk will drop his appeal and serve his suspension when they play the Bills again, because he's a kitty.

Appeals for on the field related suspensions aren't a time consuming process. Lynch' s suspension was upheld within a couple days 

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Watch the play.Flacco takes forever and a day to give himself up. A player moving as fast as Alonso was cannot stop that quickly . Heck even a HOF QB tweeted something to the effect that he needed to get down faster than that. It was during the play, not after. It was derserving if a fine due to a blow to the head, but Alonso was aiming mid torso. The Gronkowski incident was completely after the play , and the player he hit was on the ground, half OB and had been touched down already by a NE player. Amazing if you can't distinguish the glaring difference between the two. 

Reread what I said, I was going by what the LETTER said not that the two punishments should be the same or are even the same. (I have said I thought Gronk deserved at least 2 games) 

What kind of self obsessed Ahole appeals a most obvious, cowardly and indefensible hit that luckily resulted in a very light penalty?!!! OMG I never thought I could hate the Pats anymore than I already did. Cheating, being gifted the last 2 SBs by the idiots on the other sidelines. Nope, not enough. Win at all costs, play dirty, rub it in.

If Belichick actually thinks the hit was "BS" he would order the might dbag Gronk to NOT appeal and FINE  him himself.  and to think I actually felt sorry for Gronk when his knee got shattered vs the Browns in 2013. 

And he did that to Tre while his team was winning a game by a mile late in the 4th quarter. Yet he is going to appeal? on what grounds??

• Like (+1) 1