Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Haynesworth also had a record of dirty play.  Gronk does not.  Gronk deserves to be suspended as many games as Tre misses, with a one game minimum.

I'd like to see them change to rule so if you hit a player after the play and it results in an injury you miss as many games as the injured player PLUS a normal suspension. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

In light of his apology I am surprised he is fighting it.  Guess he has no remorse or thinks the punishment doesn't fit the crime.  I hope during his appeal they up his suspension

His "apology" is to me, exactly like this.

Officers, I am sorry that I punched my wife in the face. I hope she is ok when she gets out of the hospital. My work day was stressful. And then she burned dinner when she went to tend the baby and forgot it on the stove. I had to go buy something for us to eat. And she is always nagging me about something. I don't know what I am supposed to do. She just won't behave. But I was wrong to hit her so hard. I know better than that.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

7 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I can't bring myself to start it, but unless I am the stupid one, and not the NFL, someone will take this decision and push their noses into it. It can become a bad headache for them indeed.

I'm gonna wait and see!

I lol’ed.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If this had happen against Dallas or an LA team or any big market team I say you are right. But since it's Buffalo I bet it gets hurried and goes away. 

LA is one of the worst football markets in the league. Might be a big market, but doesn't matter when no there one cares about the NFL.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

His "apology" is to me, exactly like this.

Officers, I am sorry that I punched my wife in the face. I hope she is ok when she gets out of the hospital. But she did burn dinner when she went to tend the baby and forgot it on the stove. I had to go buy something for us to eat. And she is always nagging me about something. I don't know what I am supposed to do. She just won't behave. But I was wrong to hit her so hard. I know better than that.

I agree.  The apology part was partially tongue in cheek.  The dude doesn't care what he did, he apologized to help his suspension case.  Frustrated is the worst excuse you could use.  I don't see players down by 50 points as frustrated as he was getting pushed (which is what he tends to do on most plays).

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

LA is one of the worst football markets in the league. Might be a big market, but doesn't matter when no there one cares about the NFL.

I agree I just figure they take notice more the NFL since they are trying "grow" the market. NFL cares about one thing $$$. That's it. 

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Expected, but disappointed.  What sort of precedent is the NFL setting here?   One game suspension for CLEARLY attempting to injure a defenseless player....AFTER THE WHISTLE!?!

If I did that to someone at the supermarket, I’d be going to jail and likely subject to a huge lawsuit.  Complete bull ****.

Not at TOPS...

Anyway, What IS the precedent for a cheap shot suspension?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me get this straight!  Gronk gets one game for pile driving a defenseless player on national television and Elliot gets four games for an alleged incident with his wife???

Goodell is incompetent!

Not sure his wife was wearing a football helmet though.

Should honestly be more. Mike Evans got one game for shoving Lattimore in the back. What Gronk did was worse. Targetted the head of the player and giving him a concussion. He should get 3 games. One for hitting player from behind like Evans, one for targeting head, and one more for hit resulting in injury

Gronk better watch his back in 3 weeks. Someone is gonna get him back if they are only giving out one game for intentionally injuring players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me get this straight!  Gronk gets one game for pile driving a defenseless player on national television and Elliot gets four games for an alleged incident with his wife???

Goodell is incompetent!

Goodell is incompetent and Gronk did an elbow drop. (A pile driver completely different and not done in the WWE anymore)  that said he should have gotten at least 2 if not 3 games. 

11 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

In light of his apology I am surprised he is fighting it.  Guess he has no remorse or thinks the punishment doesn't fit the crime.  I hope during his appeal they up his suspension

He was laughing about it before his apology.  He'll probably just make a 69 joke and get it dropped.

i used to really respect him and his stupid meat head act.  But that was straight thug move and if his back or knee gets blown out, I won't be sad in the least.

its also sad that fans are more fired up than the players or coaches.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not at TOPS...

Anyway, What IS the precedent for a cheap shot suspension?

Mike Evans got one game for a shove to Lattimore. Which didn't cause a injury and didn't target the head. Gronk should have gotten more than Evans

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Should honestly be more. Mike Evans got one game for shoving Lattimore in the back. What Gronk did was worse. Targetted the head of the player and giving him a concussion. He should get 3 games. One for hitting player from behind like Evans, one for targeting head, and one more for hit resulting in injury

Gronk better watch his back in 3 weeks. Someone is gonna get him back if they are only giving out one game for intentionally injuring players.

And Evans only did that because he thought they were going after his qb.

the NFL doesn't give a crap about players' health.  They are pieces of meat to them.