Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Am I out of line to think Goodell was just scared to give him 3 games?  He is already under full attack by Jerry Jones and let's face it Kraft is not his biggest supporter so maybe he was just scared get two of the most powerful owners after his job? I don't know I fee 3 was warranted.

Could be, could be.

Either way, getting really tired of all the attached off-field drama with this league. Owners, politics, ratings, concussions etc etc etc.

Add that to an increasingly unwatchable product(my team and the league overall), and I see why the NFL as we know it might be in trouble.

I just wanna watch a damn game.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'd be willing to bet Gronk doesn't even know what appeal means. Thinks it has something to do with bananas most likely.

Maybe his appeal will actually involve a peel.  Maybe he will say he slipped on one and fell into White.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

My Gutt says BB goes up to him tomorrow and says "you are dropping your appeal" and he drops the appeal.  ? 

I'm really never for targeting/bounty nonsense, but the Bills clearly let the league handle the discipline and they totally botched it. He's a big dude, what if he hit 2" lower and broke Tre's neck? Absolutely disgusting.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm really never for targeting/bounty nonsense, but the Bills clearly let the league handle the discipline and they totally botched it. He's a big dude, what if he hit 2" lower and broke Tre's neck? Absolutely disgusting.

I can't disagree, but go after him makes sense but if they do it next game players be kicked out left and right because the refs be "looking" for it.  I was them wait till next year get revenge. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They were never doing more than 1 game lucky it eas even that. 

Steelers are up after MIA and NFL wasnt going to keep him out for thag game one that can decide homefield throughout

One that will be ratings gold they hope and no Gronk MAY weaken the product.  Sad but a feesable argument.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I can't disagree, but go after him makes sense but if they do it next game players be kicked out left and right because the refs be "looking" for it.  I was them wait till next year get revenge. 

I wont tell Cedric Thorton to Vince Wilfork Bradys leg

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

He gets a little mini bye for a game he would not be needed in and back before the Steeler game in a game he absolutely will be needed in

Yep.

The NFL making things convenient for the Patriots*. What a shock.

Thanks for showing us what cowards you really are NFL.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Haynesworth also had a record of dirty play.  Gronk does not.  Gronk deserves to be suspended as many games as Tre misses, with a one game minimum.

Until that stomp, he had a clean history other than a practice incident where he kicked a player in the chest. Now after he had a couple dirty plays.

If the right people are on their toes, this will turn out very badly for the NFL front office.

Very bad optics here.

Another example of almost unbelievable stupidity on the part of the NFL and failure to understand street level perceptions.

I can't bring myself to start it, but unless I am the stupid one, and not the NFL, someone will take this decision and push their noses into it. It can become a bad headache for them indeed.

I'm gonna wait and see!

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If the right people are on their toes, this will turn out very badly for the NFL front office.

Very bad optics here.

Another example of almost unbelievable stupidity on the part of the NFL and failure to understand street level perceptions.

I can't bring myself to start it, but unless I am the stupid one, and not the NFL, someone will take this decision and push their noses into it. It can become a bad headache for them indeed.

I'm gonna wait and see!

If this had happen against Dallas or an LA team or any big market team I say you are right. But since it's Buffalo I bet it gets hurried and goes away. 

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

What a joke.  This is the same league that is worried about player safety? 

Yeah, but the NFL needs to have every player available for a big  game that could decide home field advantage in the AFC.

It was Gronkowski's first time that he had ever done something like this, and he said he was sorry.

Yeah, player safety, blah blah blah. Tre'Davious White will get over it. And it's just the Bills.