Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

Larry Fitzgerald couldn't possibly be that stupid...Could he?

I'm pretty much done with the NFL anyway...And a one game suspension for an act that could easily have paralyzed a guy for life..and not a vicious tackle even but an assault of a man down on the ground..This league was becoming horseshit and now it fully is horseshit.

Add this insanity  to a league already starving for decent QB play.5 teams have a chance to do anything in this league because the rest do not have competent QBs(and there are no Baltimore ravens circa 2000 defenses out there).

Lets see if White fully recovers from this Ever. He should press charges against Gronkowski.

Edited by Tcali

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Is this the message the league wants to send? Winding up and smashing a face down player in the back of the head with a bulky metal brace while out of bounds, well after the play, in a move no way whatsoever part of a football play; Even admit that it wasn't, in fact you were just "really frustrated". Equals one game suspension. That is messed up. Teams can only lose a player for a game to take out a star while he is on the ground after the play is over? Wonder if those elbow braces will be more popular.

Its pure insanity.And pure corruption.

1 hour ago, Jacobo Peterman said:

The most egregious cheap shot since Packer Charles Martin body slammed Bear Jim McMahon in1986 which earned a  two game suspension. A one game suspension sounds like a back room deal between Foxboro and Park Ave..  NFLPA will make Gronk file an appeal and stretch out the decision  so he sits out next Buff game.  Next Monday night game is Pats Dolphins then Pitt @ 4:30... Follow the money people TV ratings are down and the NFL wants Gronk the next two weeks .. most likely would play very little in the 16th game against the Jets anyway unless it means home field.  

That would make me very angry. 

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Go back to the politics forum. You're a clown.

Where did they say that?

Did it occur to you that they have a responsibility to both players, and one reason for the appeal is to be involved in the disciplinary process and confirm the suspension (as under the CBA it's the only mechanism they have to do that?)  Of course it didn't, because you're a goddamned fool.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not a care in the world irrespective of the lame apology that came later.

I wish one of those fans would have wound up and launched something hard at his head and knocked him unconscious.

I wouldnt call out it is coming but multiple late hits on Grok is what I would have my team geared to do esspecialy since NE needs Grok for the playoffs and the Bills are looking to next year. One hit high one hit low, I do not advocate game planing to do it but I sure would be looking to do it if the chance opens up to it. Oops sorry looks like iR and no playoffs for the Grok.

Edited by xRUSHx

One game is just ridiculous.  Basically the NFL has told everyone that the price for going after an unsuspecting player, with a vicious blindside hit, after the play is over, out of bounds...is one game.  I don't care if the offender has no history.  How do we even know if Tre White plays again this year?  His brain is bruised.  He could have symptoms for months after getting pile driven and smashed on the back of the head by a 270 lb guy with a club.  I'm pissed.

14 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The guy got a communications degree from university of Phoenix. He's not smart.

He articulates his opinion in a clear way for you to understand...and he's "not smart"?

You don't agree with his opinion--doesn't make it stupid.  He's probably has a far more valid point of view than you or any of us sitting around at home yelling at the TV.

14 hours ago, Tcali said:

I'm pretty much done with the NFL anyway...

Oh stop.  You are not!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If I did that to someone at the supermarket, I’d be going to jail and likely subject to a huge lawsuit.

If we did just about anything done in football in public - we'd be locked up.  :)  

It is complete BS, but any sort of tackle or hit, let alone that one would get an assault charge on us.

I think what bothers me the most about that hit is the brace.  Would he have done that with a bare elbow - where he would risk injuring his own elbow badly?  His penalty should be he has to do that with no brace on - versus a manikin in a helmet...  he'd probably do a number on his elbow.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:29 PM, thebandit27 said:

After hearing his appeal, Thrash or Brooks should increase his suspension to 3 games for having the audacity to appeal.

That was a total scumbag play.

100% agree. Appealing the deliberately illegal and injurious hit on a defenseless player who as already down is a complete farse and it clearly shows a lack of character within Gronk and the Patriots. Oh wait, we are talking about the Patriots aren't we..... What he did was outright deliberate and well outside any possible reason beyond hurting White. 3 games would not be enough. Couple with a massive fine above the loss of three game checks, and now the punishment is a lot closer to fitting the crime. Gronk = Patriot pond scum.

5 hours ago, DCBongo said:

If you do something stupid and deliberate like Gronk did to Tre, that causes a player to miss games, you should be suspendered for as long as it take for the injured player to be cleared to play.

AT LEAST as long. 

Plays like that should be season-ending to the offender.

• Like (+1) 1