Tyrod injury=End of Tyrod Era, even if not serious.

ChicagoRic

5 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

I have a been a pretty staunch Tyrod supporter, but this loss coupled with this injury make it the end of the line for him. 

It gives the coaches and management an easy answer regarding the QB decision for the rest of the year:  "Taylor is not 100%, so are going with Peterman."

Won't matter if Taylor is 0% or 99.9%, they have talking points to move on from him.  

Ready to see what Peterman can do with a full week of snaps in practice. 

He had a full week of snaps before the Chargers game.  I guess he can only go up from there.  It doesn't get any worse.

Since we still aren't out of playoffs and there is a real possibility of getting in at 9-7, we gotta go balls out for wins. If Hotrod's knee is ok, he plays. Still gives us better shot that .40% completion percentage Peterman.

Once we're out, put Peterman backin if you must.

Since we still aren't out of playoffs and there is a real possibility of getting in at 9-7, we gotta go balls out for wins. If Hotrod's knee is ok, he plays. Still gives us better shot that .40% completion percentage Peterman.

If we're out, put Peterman back in if you must.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, fridge said:

I would say:

1. Bledsoe

2. Flutie

3. Fitzpatrick

4a. Taylor

4b. Orton

The "best since Kelly" narrative is both wrong and pointless. If you don't lead us to the playoffs it doesn't matter anyways. There have been several games in his career here where the defense stepped up and Taylor was lost. It seemed to happen the most in big games. I have very few memories of a Taylor leading the team to a defining victory. 

If you start with Bledsoe go back and look at his Bills career. He’s no better than Losman and company. He might not be top 5.   You couldn’t be more wrong.

Flute I can potentially agree with. Fitz is a no but would be right after Taylor/Flutie. Orton would be next.

Taylor hasn’t been the problem for 2.5 years and people treat him like he is EJ. That’s why some of us defend him. The Bills aren’t very good and haven’t won a game without him since he got here. Wanting to upgrade is okay but to say that he is worse than Bledsoe?!? That’s just wrong.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you start with Bledsoe go back and look at his Bills career. He’s no better than Losman and company. He might not be top 5.   You couldn’t be more wrong.

Flute I can potentially agree with. Fitz is a no but would be right after Taylor/Flutie. Orton would be next.

Taylor hasn’t been the problem for 2.5 years and people treat him like he is EJ. That’s why some of us defend him. The Bills aren’t very good and haven’t won a game without him since he got here. Wanting to upgrade is okay but to say that he is worse than Bledsoe?!? That’s just wrong.

None of that matters. He's in the exact same camp as Losman, Bledsoe, even EJ... he did not lead us to the playoffs. He's simply not good enough.  It's time to move on. It doesn't matter to me where you want to rank him.

6 hours ago, fridge said:

I would say:

1. Bledsoe

2. Flutie

3. Fitzpatrick

4a. Taylor

4b. Orton

The "best since Kelly" narrative is both wrong and pointless. If you don't lead us to the playoffs it doesn't matter anyways. There have been several games in his career here where the defense stepped up and Taylor was lost. It seemed to happen the most in big games. I have very few memories of a Taylor leading the team to a defining victory. 

Bledsoe was terrible save for a 10 game stretch...he really started going downhill after that...couldn't get out of his own way many times...

13 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

I have a been a pretty staunch Tyrod supporter, but this loss coupled with this injury make it the end of the line for him. 

It gives the coaches and management an easy answer regarding the QB decision for the rest of the year:  "Taylor is not 100%, so are going with Peterman."

Won't matter if Taylor is 0% or 99.9%, they have talking points to move on from him.  

Ready to see what Peterman can do with a full week of snaps in practice. 

It was over already, somehow you just didn't realize it.

Edited by OJABBA

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

If Peterman starts the rest of the year I'm fine with it. I think if Taylor is healthy, then they should start him to keep us in the playoff race. If not, I'm genuinely curious as to what Peterman can do with these next 4 games 

I agree but I think Peterman will be a very solid NFL QB at some point.

15 hours ago, Nitro said:

Watch in the off season.  Taylor will be a hot commodity.  Teams value him and can tailor an offense to his strengths.  Dennison did the opposite.  the Bills have the same pathetic offense that he employed in Denver. They won the Super Bowl because of Defense and Manning basically ignored Dennison and ran his offense to the Super Bowl.

spot on.  

Tyrod will not be a hot commodity.

I think his days here are done however.  Someone up thread said he won't be able to play next week b/c we went off on a cart.  I agree with that; his situation seems like he would be out multiple weeks.  Once he is out, he ain't coming back in regardless of when he actually heals up.

I was on TT's bandwagon and got off too after the two blowouts. And I sure hope the Bills find a replacement. But I still remain in my stance: you don't cut him until you find a better man at the QB position! Period. And as of now, he's clearly #1. It's for the FO to find a replacement. Easy to cut anyone. Not easy to find talent, especially at that position!

1 minute ago, billsfan60 said:

Once Peterman came in I saw passes getting fit into tight windows, balls coming out quickly and Shady finding running room. Any thought of letting taylor back on the field this year if he's healthy should have died 8 minutes into the 4th quarter.

The only issue with Peterman is he is throwing to the quick read or the called play and not going through progressions

Might be by design but I saw very little evidence that Peterman was actually surveying the field.

I'm all for seeing Peterman the rest of the season hopefully we will see more of that

3 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

Once Peterman came in I saw passes getting fit into tight windows, balls coming out quickly and Shady finding running room. Any thought of letting taylor back on the field this year if he's healthy should have died 8 minutes into the 4th quarter.

I was on TT's bandwagon and got off too after the two blowouts. And I sure hope the Bills find a replacement. But I still remain in my stance: you don't cut him until you find a better man at the QB position! Period. And as of now, he's clearly #1. It's for the FO to find a replacement. Easy to cut anyone. Not easy to find talent, especially at that position!

But yeah, Peterman deserves another look. Weird how he looked decent in his 2 in game action, and sucked as a starter!

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

Last 2 home games 56 and 65 yards passing 0 TDs and 2 picks and you clearly think he is #1?

3 non garbage time TDs (1 run 2 pass)  in the last 5 games and you think he is #1?

Any street FA would be better.   

If Taylor is out against Indy just lets see how Peterman does against them with Webb as his backup.

He must put a lot of zip on the ball to get that many drops. Taylor was hurt at the start of the game , he tried to play thru it.

The odds of a WC at this point are not good anyway.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The only issue with Peterman is he is throwing to the quick read or the called play and not going through progressions

Might be by design but I saw very little evidence that Peterman was actually surveying the field.

I'm all for seeing Peterman the rest of the season hopefully we will see more of that

I think the kid still has nightmares of the charger pass rush and was determined not to have a repeat. You're right but I think another game or two and we'll start to see him have a better feel for just how much time he really has to get a pass out. It just has to slow down for him a little more. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Hes just not a good QB.  There’s no point in keeping him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

If Peterman starts the rest of the year I'm fine with it. I think if Taylor is healthy, then they should start him to keep us in the playoff race. If not, I'm genuinely curious as to what Peterman can do with these next 4 games 

i don't know what makes anybody think tyrod keeps us in the race.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Once we're out, put Peterman backin if you must.

If we're out, put Peterman back in if you must.

.40% ? Peterman is only completing 4 out of every 1000 passes? Wow, didn't realize he was that bad.

15 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Tyrod will not be a hot commodity.

I think his days here are done however.  Someone up thread said he won't be able to play next week b/c we went off on a cart.  I agree with that; his situation seems like he would be out multiple weeks.  Once he is out, he ain't coming back in regardless of when he actually heals up.

What do you know?  I heard NFL talking heads on ESPN say Tyrod will be sought out after the season.  Outside of Buffalo, people have a positive view of him.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:51 PM, joesixpack said:

Like he was this off season?

Ppl need to get a grip

According to NFL talking heads on ESPN.  Five to seven teams will want him.

Just now, Nitro said:

What do you know?  I heard NFL talking heads on ESPN say Tyrod will be sought out after the season.  Outside of Buffalo, people have a positive view of him.

Riiiight.  The talking heads might have a positive view of him but they don't run NFL franchises.  A year ago we heard the same story on this board about how teams would be lining up to pay him $20M/year.  Somehow he ended up taking a pay cut to stay in Buffalo with a new coaching staff who didn't pick him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Nobody outside of Rex Ryan wanted him as their starting QB. 

My guess is McDermott only said Tyrod’s the starter to keep the Colts guessing. Ultimately he will start Peterman at home against a terrible pass defense, the Tyrod injury creates a convenient excuse. Maybe we’re finally developing a QB right. Let the game slow down for him and ease him in.

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody outside of Rex Ryan wanted him as their starting QB. 

Nobody besides Bill Bellyache wanted Tommy as his starting QB.

Nobody besides  Dick Vermeil wanted Kurt Warner as his starting QB.

Nobody besides Bill Parcells wanted Tony Romo as his starting QB.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Nobody besides Bill Bellyache wanted Tommy as his starting QB.

Nobody besides  Dick Vermeil wanted Kurt Warner as his starting QB.

Nobody besides Bill Parcells wanted Tony Romo as his starting QB.

I think you just managed to compare Rex Ryan to Belichick, Parcells, and Vermeil while simultaneously comparing Tyrod Taylor to Brady, Warner, and Romo. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

My guess is McDermott only said Tyrod’s the starter to keep the Colts guessing. Ultimately he will start Peterman at home against a terrible pass defense, the Tyrod injury creates a convenient excuse. Maybe we’re finally developing a QB right. Let the game slow down for him and ease him in.

This theory is what I would've thought McDermott would do, but he said Taylor's the starting QB when healthy. That's a bit of a shift from his previously more tenuous position on who the starter is.

I just don't get it.

We'll see what happens. But with what McDermott said and Taylor's understanding that these are his last 4 games almost certainly in Buffalo, I think he's starting.

16 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

But yeah, Peterman deserves another look. Weird how he looked decent in his 2 in game action, and sucked as a starter!

Disagree. Sometimes you cut your best guy. It's not ideal, but sometimes you do it based on other factors such as salary cap impact, a belief that a guy has no long-term future with the team, a belief that a guy doesn't fit the system they're trying to implement ... on and on and on. Plenty of reason to cut the best guy if he's not really all that good anyway.

Quick example: Jim Harbaugh put up a QB Rating of 86.2 in 1997. The Colts dumped him, drafted and played Peyton Manning, who responded with a QB Rating of 71.2 his first year. Still, dumping the better (at that time) Harbaugh was the move to make.

Not to say they'll absolutely let Tyrod go, but it seems the most likely course. 

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

He'll absolutely be wanted. 

The question will be for what and how much they'll pay. He's instantly one of the best backups in the league, but probably some desperate team will give him money to start, though less than some people here think. If so, we'll see the same thing that happened here play out in another city, IMHO.

I liked TT, but tired of watching him play and miss open receivers.

Thong is, he won’t be benched if he’s OK to play.  McDermott would lose the locker room because the Bills are still in the hunt, and have a decent chance of making the playoffs with some wins.  Starting Peterman without a TT injury would be throwing in the towel on the season.

I’d prefer him to be benched and see what Peterman can do.  I don’t believe he is as bad as his first start.  Look at it this way....he couldn’t do any worse!

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This theory is what I would've thought McDermott would do, but he said Taylor's the starting QB when healthy. That's a bit of a shift from his previously more tenuous position on who the starter is.

I just don't get it.

We'll see what happens. But with what McDermott said and Taylor's understanding that these are his last 4 games almost certainly in Buffalo, I think he's starting.

He said Tyrod was the starter after the Saints game. He probably already knows how likely it is for Tyrod to play. He’s playing games with the Colts. I guess nothing would surprise me either way.