Tyrod injury=End of Tyrod Era, even if not serious.

ChicagoRic

There are things I like about Tyrod, but its time to move on...  We gave him more opportunity than most other teams would. Hopefully some other QB needy team falls in love with him and chooses him instead of drafting a QB ahead of us. 

The writing was on the wall when he was benched during the final game of 2016. 

He's a decent player, but OBD wants to go for someone that play the position at an elite level, even if it means walking away from someone who's close to average at the position. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

3 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

I have a been a pretty staunch Tyrod supporter, but this loss coupled with this injury make it the end of the line for him. 

It gives the coaches and management an easy answer regarding the QB decision for the rest of the year:  "Taylor is not 100%, so are going with Peterman."

Won't matter if Taylor is 0% or 99.9%, they have talking points to move on from him.  

Ready to see what Peterman can do with a full week of snaps in practice. 

Got a link on this? 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fitz turned it over 79 times in 53 starts. That is way, way too many. Fitz is up on the list but a worse player.

And as I have been saying for a year there is no stat for Taylor's biggest weakness..... open receivers not seen. But it is very, very high. 

I do think TT has been better in Buffalo than Fitz and yet I think the way he has played the position has given us no better shot at success. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fitz turned it over 79 times in 53 starts. That is way, way too many. Fitz is up on the list but a worse player.

Kirby, It's pointless to argue over which of our bad qbs are worse. As I stated in another post I thought Tony Romo was excellent in his analysis of Taylor. There are fatal flaws associated with his vision that can't be eliminated. You are as aware as most that until this franchise dramatically upgrades the qb position this team will continue to lag. And you are as aware as most that there are so many other positions that need to be addressed before this team can be considered a serious team. This is a heavy-lift rebuild job!

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And as I have been saying for a year there is no stat for Taylor's biggest weakness..... open receivers not seen. But it is very, very high. 

I do think TT has been better in Buffalo than Fitz and yet I think the way he has played the position has given us no better shot at success. 

All that I said is that he’s better than the other guys that we’ve had during the streak. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No he hasn't. Not even close. The TEAMS have been better since Fitz, the QB play has been worse.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Well said

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

No he hasn't. Not even close. The TEAMS have been better since Fitz, the QB play has been worse.

Not even close?  You’re reaching here

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well said

Not even close?  You’re reaching here

Fitz had Stevie Johnson. The same Stevie Johnson that fell off the face of the !@#$ing planet when he left Buffalo. 3 1,000 yard seasons. We could trot Jerry Rice in his prime out on that field with Tyrod and he couldn't hit him from 3 yards away. Tyrod is literally a Joe Webb or a Logan Thomas. When he puts a jersey on that designates him a running back, his career will start to turn around.

Edited by Luka

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like Tyrod but he wasn’t going to be back next year. He’s the best we’ve had since Kelly and is a decent NFL starter. With that being said this injury is the perfect out for everyone. Both sides can point to the injury allowing the Bills to run Peterman out there and Tyrod to save his value in FA. Either way the Bills are taking a guy in the first and hopefully they get it right.

I would say:

1. Bledsoe

2. Flutie

3. Fitzpatrick

4a. Taylor

4b. Orton

The "best since Kelly" narrative is both wrong and pointless. If you don't lead us to the playoffs it doesn't matter anyways. There have been several games in his career here where the defense stepped up and Taylor was lost. It seemed to happen the most in big games. I have very few memories of a Taylor leading the team to a defining victory. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

Fitz had Stevie Johnson. The same Stevie Johnson that fell off the face of the !@#$ing planet when he left Buffalo. 3 1,000 yard seasons. We could trot Jerry Rice in his prime out on that field with Tyrod and he couldn't hit him from 3 yards away. Tyrod is literally a Joe Webb or a Logan Thomas. When he puts a jersey on that designates him a running back, his career will start to turn around.

You’re wrong.  He is most definitely better than Webb and Thomas.  Continue to overreact.   I’m happy he won’t be our QBs next year.  I was happy when we moved on from Fitz too.  Both marginal QBs that can’t get a team where they want to go.   Joe Webb and Logan Thomas are awful QBs at the nfl level.