Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

It's really a win/win. If Peterman plays surprisingly well the Bills rekindle their playoff push. If he struggles he still gets valuable playing time and the team can evaluate whether they need to draft another QB in next year's draft while at the same time improving their draft position.

Playing Taylor did nothing. He was never going to be the QB to lead this team in the coming years and he wasn't a good mesh for this offense.

• Like (+1) 1

The Tyrod era is over. The NO game clearly sealed his fate. I wasnt a Tyrod hater by any stretch but I kept waiting for him to take it to the next level and it just never happened. Give Mcd alot of credit for having the balls to make this move. The reality is Peterman is a rookie and opponents are going to study him, game plan him, and start taking away what he does best. Well see what happens. I hope he does great cause then we can take qb off the draft board. Just heard Schopp come on the morning show bellyaching about it. Anything that pisses off that miserable douche cant be a bad thing. GO NATE. GO BILLS.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

He should have kept that info to himself until friday. Why gives the chargers a chance to prepare

Prepare for what?

The Bills offense is pretty much going to stay the same as far as play calls go. 

There is is virtually no game film of Peterman running this offense.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Ha, I just got the news alert on my phone and let out a loud, audible "HOLY S#*T" in the middle of meeting prompting everyone to say "Are you OK, what's wrong!?"

Nothing is wrong people, everything is right - I'm just in shock :D:beer:

Man I got chills down my back, a new era is now starting. Goodbye Rex era

• Like (+1) 1

This reminds me of the move to Orton (EJ was 2-2) but they are evaluating a young guy vs plucking a retired guy off the couch. 

The half full soccer stadium of Bills fans , though on the road, is a good one for a rookie. The next week however in Arrowhead....

though the lack of film on him will help in the short term 

this !@#$ing team ...

Edited by YoloinOhio

That 3rd and forever where he check down to the bowling ball told me Taylor had no fight in him. The boos rained down on him and deservedly so. Give the kids a shot. At least he can throw in the pocket and Defenses won't stack the box. Shake it up he has weapons. Then Maybe McCoy can get going.

I have deep concerns about this past offeason's strategy, the schemes they're using and whether they're a fit for the talent on hand, etc.  But I do appreciate the lack of stubbornness from McBeane - this week was a key test for me, I wanted to see whether the coaches would dig in and ignore clear evidence that what they were doing wasn't working.  I give them credit for making the switch.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

He should have kept that info to himself until friday. Why gives the chargers a chance to prepare

There is insufficient game tape available to the Chargers to enable them to game plan specifically for Peterman.  I'm sure what they will do is blitz more, just because that's what you do with a newbie QB.  That's not a specific game plan though.  The Bills could start Tyrod for one play and insert Peterman thereafter and the Chargers could blitz more in reaction.

Just woke up on the West Coast and haven't had a cup of coffee. This worked for a morning jolt. Feel for Tyrod who is a class act, but after the last two weeks, no one should be surprised. We need to see a QB with the ability to see the field and Tyrod wasn't cutting it. Let's hope the kid is who we need.

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Kirbs, they must have decided they know what they have in Tyrod - they know his floor (last Sunday) and his ceiling.  Time to find out for sure what they have in Nate, so that they can soberly design strategy for the QB position in the offseason.

I don’t disagree. I just wouldn’t have waited until they were out of the playoff discussion (maybe 2 more weeks). I hope that they are right. 

Love the move. I respect McDermott for making the change. I honestly didn't think he would.

There's only one thing I can guarantee. Peterman will throw more than 56 yards.

Even if the Peterman move doesn't work out, it at least shows me that our head coach isn't stubborn and is willing to make changes in ANY position who he feels is underperforming.

I respect the move McDermott. You have gained my respect once more.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don't like it but I hope that I am wrong!! He must be progressing if they are making this move. Hopefully he lights a spark and gets the W.

Kirby i LOVE it!  Let's be honest we weren't going anywhere with Tyrod this season.  The fact that McDermott had the cojones to start Peterman week 9 shows me that 1)he recognizes the limitations we have with Tyrod as a QB, and 2) he is ballsy enough to ride this season out with Peterman win or lose.  If Peterman succeeds, we are sitting SO effing pretty next year come draft time, If Peterman struggles, hey we gave him a shot, and come draft time we are major players in the quest to draft the best signal caller to come out.  Sadly though, either way I believe this signals the end of Tyrod's career here in Buffalo.  I wish him well, I pray he finds success elsewhere in the league, he's a very humble, likeable guy.  But a great QB he is not.

TODAY IS a GREAT day to be a Bills fan!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan11 said:

You got your wish sir lol. Let's hope you are right

Hey man my wish is for the Bills to move on from the last staffs not good enough. I wish Peterman luck and hope he lights it up. Go Bills

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree. I just wouldn’t have waited until they were out of the playoff discussion (maybe 2 more weeks). I hope that they are right. 

But then you get to the playoffs and you have to go play on the road against a team smart enough to play a five-man front and take away the boundaries, and you're toast.  Tyrod can succeed in a place like Baltimore or Denver, perhaps.  But he's not going to carry this team to where it needs to go.