Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

1 minute ago, BuffaninATL said:

yes I did read your post. That's why I responded to it. The way it is written is misleading. You state "imo" the Ravens or the Chargers need to lose without any mention of the Titans. It's not an opinion, it's black & white - 

Did you read the last sentence?  I already chalked up a win for the jags.  I realize the game hasn’t been played, I just can’t see them winning

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Did you read the last sentence?  I already chalked up a win for the jags.  I realize the game hasn’t been played, I just can’t see them winning

that was my fault, I see what you mean. Mea culpa.

3 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Considering our history, I'd expect the Ravens, Titans AND Chargers to lose...everything going our way...then we blow a late lead in Miami and still miss the playoffs.

Thts the most billsy

So i know this will happen

Or the ravens or chargers win on a music city miracle play...

Ravens are 10 point favorites, not happening.

This team should've beaten a bad Bengals or Jets team but they blew it.

Now, the worst thing that you could dial up is going to happen. We are going to be picking in the later teens and not even going to the playoffs.

Can't make this stuff up. It's the reason we've sucked forever. Too good to get high pick, too bad to make playoffs. Incredible how this organization keeps trying to do the same things over and over and over and over expecting a different result.

• Like (+1) 2

Tyrod stock goes up if he performs well in a road W vs. The Fish no matter what happens - playoffs or not.

It's a very easy argument to make for his agent that McBeane "sacrificed" the LAC game to see what Peterman could do - and that was the game that kept the BIlls out.

And it was publicly clear to the entire NFL that the Bills O woes were not even 50 % TT.

TT had nothing to do with a 37-7 first half of a pivotal game.

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't want to watch Taylor embarrassing himself on national TV. It would be better for everyone if he plays well vs the Dolphins and upgrades his trade value to a 5 th rd pick. If they make the playoffs and play on national TV we will get nothing in a trade for Taylor.

I don’t think this post has gotten nearly enough attention. 

After a 17 year drought this P.O.S. “Fan” is actually rooting for us not to make it. All becuz he’a Butt hurt over Taylor. 

Is there a way to proverbially tar and feather somebody on an online message board? 

2 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Considering our history, I'd expect the Ravens, Titans AND Chargers to lose...everything going our way...then we blow a late lead in Miami and still miss the playoffs.

That is exactly how I see it going down.  The Ravens, Titans, and Chargers all lose and we blow a 17 point lead against Miami going into the 4th quarter.  That would be so typical.

8 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

What happens if we beat Miami, the Raiders beat the Chargers and Titans beat the Jags?

Would we get into the playoffs?

Nope, Titans beat the jags they’ll have a better conference record, which will lose us the tie breaker to the titans. 

Edited by Captain Murica

13 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

This has been discussed on here a thousand times but no we would not get in. only need a Baltimore loss and that would  get us in. 

But have we ever figured out how Terry Pegula is allowed to own both the Bills and the Sabres?

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

I think a Baltimore loss is less likely than the Chargers and Titans both losing.  

Watching the Raiders tonight doesn't do much for my faith they can get it done.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

That is exactly how I see it going down.  The Ravens, Titans, and Chargers all lose and we blow a 17 point lead against Miami going into the 4th quarter.  That would be so typical.

Sorry, but I'm  not buying it. I understand the PTSD psyche of Bills fans but there is no way in hell that Smokin' Jay Cutler is leading anybody back from a 17 point fourth quarter deficit, especially a team running for the bus.

37 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Sorry, but I'm  not buying it. I understand the PTSD psyche of Bills fans but there is no way in hell that Smokin' Jay Cutler is leading anybody back from a 17 point fourth quarter deficit, especially a team running for the bus.

Sage Rosenfels disagrees

9 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't want to watch Taylor embarrassing himself on national TV. It would be better for everyone if he plays well vs the Dolphins and upgrades his trade value to a 5 th rd pick. If they make the playoffs and play on national TV we will get nothing in a trade for Taylor.

All I can say is YUCK to this take.

Playoffs are everything. Who gives two rat turds what Tyrods trade value is if we make the tourney? If you don't want Bills in the playoffs, what's the point of being a fan?

9 hours ago, somnus00 said:

I could be wrong, but, if all 4 lose I think the Ravens and us get in.

13 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Who cares about trade value?

Everyone in the media slayed the Bills for benching the bum.

Time for them to see how awful he really is especially when the Bills are trailing.

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

McDumbass trading Dareus and starting Peterman pretty much screwed us

Oh, please.  Dareus was bad for morale and we were losing to the Chargers no matter who was QB that day.  Our o-line had no answer for Bosa and our defense was porous.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bengals/Ravens games are always a toss-up.  I agree with others that the Bengals will show up for that one since he's been the defacto GM there and those players are "his" players.  Further, Dalton needs to show that he can be the Bengals starter again next year.

I also think the Jags will be at full throttle.  That defense got dismantled by SF and you don't want your starters going into the playoffs with that memory.  

The team effort I worry most about is ours.