Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

16 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

So if we lose to the Pats then beat the Phins that puts us at 9-7.

If the Titans lose the next two games they finish at 8-8. (Definitely a possibility considering Jax and LAR are arguably the two hottest teams in the NFL right now and Jax will be playing for a first round bye)

Regardless of anything else, the Bills should make the playoffs, right? 

Who gets the West if the raiders and chiefs end at 9-7? 

Edited by Jamie Nails

12 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

WTF are you talking about? The Jags have CLINCHED a playoff spot, as of right now.

I guess you cant read or just don't understand yes the jags have clinched a playoff spot but they haven't clinched their seed or the division 

The scenario and tie breakers are below with seedings/tiebreaker notes

if bills win out they can still miss the playoffs if the 

Titans 10-6 win out

Jags 10-6 lose out 

Ravens 10-6 win out

Bills 10-6 win out 

AFC Tiebreakers

• 4th Seed - Tennessee
    AFC South Champ (Wins tie break over Jacksonville based on head-to-head win percentage.)
  • 5th Seed - Jacksonville
    Wins tie break over Buffalo and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.
  • 6th Seed - Baltimore
    Wins tie break over Buffalo based on best win percentage in common games.

25 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

By now you understand that I was indeed correct and the Titans loss put us in control of our own playoff destiny?

I believe you are incorrect on this. There is still a scenario where Buffalo wins out, and the  Titans and Ravens get in. I suppose I could be wrong on this (and will gladly admit it, if that's the case) but that isn't what I'm seeing. The Titans can still, theoretically, win the division.

Just now, The Dean said:

I believe you are incorrect on this. There is still a scenario where Buffalo wins out, and the  Titans and Ravens get in. I suppose I could be wrong on this (and will gladly admit it, if that's the case) but that isn't what I'm seeing. The Titans can still, theoretically, win the division.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/results/400951814~1~400951816~2~400951596~1~400951642~2~400951667~1~400951602~2~400951675~1~400951613~1~400951671~1~400951617~2~400951621~2~400951682~1~400951625~1~400951709~2~400951631~2~400951714~2~400951637~2~400951719~2~400951739~1~400951734~1~400951759~1~400951762~1~400951741~1~400951764~2~400951745~1~400951788~1~400951789~2~400951791~1~400951792~2~400951756~1~400951793~1~400951757~1~400951748~2~400951750~1

12 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Who gets the West if the raiders and chiefs end at 9-7? 

It looks like chiefs have the tiebreaker on both oak and Lac only way they can win div is if chiefs finish 8-8

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't think this is correct. Bills would need to win 2 

If they lose to Jacksonville, they and Bills got the same conf record. The tie breaker that does make the call is Strength of victory and the Bills have the edge there.

41 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Brain fart. I meant the Titans loss today hurts us. 

That may be true.  If we end up tied with the Chargers we’ll need a 3rd team to tie with us in order to bypass the head to head that the Chargers would have on us.

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

The thing about 9-7 for the Bills is that if the Chargers win their remaining two, they own the H2H tiebreaker on us UNLESS it is a three way tie. Some people look at the Titans loss to the 49ers as a blow to the chances of a three way tie because they play two tough remaining teams. I disagree since the Titans losing puts the Bills in a "win and you are in" situation albeit a tough win against the Patriots is needed.

It's nearly an impossible win for this team. If needing to beat the Pats to make the playoffs  is controlling their own destiny, the Bills are better off without it. It is a virtual lock that the Bills will lose at New England barring an injury to Brady... early in the game. Tough is the understatement of the year. 

5 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

what is all this Titans loss hurts us nonsense? Can someone explain

If we finish 9-7 and so do the chargers we will lose the tiebreaker unless there is a 3rd team changes it to conf record. 

Right now in that scenario we would need tenn to win vs rams and lose to jags 

now none of this matters if ravens or chargers lose a game 

5 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

6 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

It's complicated but suffice it to say that the Bills may now need to be the Patriots to make the playoffs. That = 18 year playoff drought. 

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know people think they are gonna lose out but the Titans play much better at home then they do on the road. They've only lost once at home so far this year and I expect them to be competitive with the Rams next week with their season on the line

Good point.

As for the Chargers, I don't buy into this 2 game cake walk.

They have to travel to New York Jets and play an early game in the cold.

Then they got the Raiders (a divisional rival that is not going to tank against them) in LA, which will have twice as many Raider fans as Charger fans.

NFL Playoff Picture: Updated seeds after Week 15
The NFL has a new leader atop the AFC and a total of five playoff spots accounted for. That leaves seven left to be claimed in the final two weeks of the season.

6. Buffalo Bills (8-6)

For the moment, we have the Bills in the sixth seed based on the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Ravens. But after next week, both the Bills and Ravens will have enough common games (minimum of four required) to shift the applicable tiebreaker. And so the Bills could win Sunday at the Patriots and still drop behind the Ravens in the seedings -- if the Ravens beat the Colts.

42 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know people think they are gonna lose out but the Titans play much better at home then they do on the road. They've only lost once at home so far this year and I expect them to be competitive with the Rams next week with their season on the line

Agree. I think they have a solid chance vs. Rams.