Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

12 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Ah i misread it, to answer the question no there is no way we can be 9-7 in week 17 and definitely make it in because of those pesky ravens.Ā 

Ā 

That wasn't the question either. Thanks, though...

Ā 

16 minutes ago, JƂy RƛƟeƒ said:

According to the NYT Playoff machine, yes.

Ā 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#bal-ind-16=loss&kc-mia-16=win&ne-buf-16=win&nyj-lac-16=win&ten-lar-16=loss&mia-buf-17=loss

Ā 

If all of these happen in week 16 and we win in week 17, we're at 100% getting in:

Colts, Chiefs, Jets, and Rams all win.

Ā 

Pretty confident in Chiefs and Rams.

GO COLTS!Ā  GO JETS!

Ā 

Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but from what I can tell, it only depends on the Jets and Colts winning. It doesn't seem to have any effect if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win.

Ā 

Ugh...go Jets and Colts!

Ā 

Edited by Rubes

16 minutes ago, JƂy RƛƟeƒ said:

Ā 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#bal-ind-16=loss&kc-mia-16=win&ne-buf-16=win&nyj-lac-16=win&ten-lar-16=loss&mia-buf-17=loss

Ā 

If all of these happen in week 16 and we win in week 17, we're at 100% getting in:

Ā 

GO COLTS!Ā  GO JETS!

why do we need the Chiefs to win? for that matter why do we need the Rams to win?

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

why do we need the Chiefs to win? for that matter why do we need the Rams to win?

Ā 

Yeah, like I edited above, it doesn't seem to matter if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win...

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Ā 

That wasn't the question either. Thanks, though...

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but from what I can tell, it only depends on the Jets and Colts winning. It doesn't seem to have any effect if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win.

Ā 

Ugh...go Jets and Colts!

Ā 

That has to suck pinning hope on those 2 teams

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Ā 

Yeah, like I edited above, it doesn't seem to matter if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win...

Ā 

The question is do we need both of those, or only 1? I think if we get either one and beat the Fish, we are in

6 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

From what I am seeing, as long as the Chargers, Ravens or Titans lose one game over the next two weeks we are in. As long as we beat Miami in week 17.Ā 

If Titans lose two, Chargers win 2, Ravens win 2, we are out.Ā 

Ā 

Its the Chargers and Ravens need to lose 1 game, Titans we actuallyĀ need to win againstĀ the Rams if Baltimore and the Chargers win out.

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If Titans lose two, Chargers win 2, Ravens win 2, we are out.Ā 

Ā 

Its the Chargers and Ravens need to lose 1 game, Titans we actuallyĀ need to win againstĀ the Rams if Baltimore and the Chargers win out.

If Baltimore wins out, the Titans must lose to JAX or Bills are out.Ā 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The key is Miami.Ā  If we somehow beat the pats and lose to Miami it hurts it chances.Ā  Not sure how but the odds go down.

Ur absolutely correct- something to do with common opponents is what makes the Miami game more importantĀ 

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Ur absolutely correct- something to do with common opponents is what makes the Miami game more importantĀ 

Right.Ā  The only way I can see it is since we play Miami twice and if we split it's basically a wash as a common opponent.Ā  So then I think they would have to use the Colts and/or Bengals (for the Ravens) and Jets(for Chargers)Ā as common opponents.

45 minutes ago, JƂy RƛƟeƒ said:

Yep.Ā  Bills win out, Ravens win out, Titans win out, and 49ers beat Jaguars.

Ā 

This, of course, is the most "Bills" way to miss the playoffs.Ā  The second most "Bills" way would be to defeat the Pats***, and lose to Miami and not make it.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I just have a feeling this year that we make it.Ā Ā 

42 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Cleanest scenario: Root like CRAZY for Baltimore to lose 1 game: Even if Tennessee and LA Chargers win BOTH or Tennessee wins 2 games, or loses either of their last 2, Buffalo gets in the playoffs at 9-7

Ā 

Ā 

If all 4 teams go 9-7 with Tennessee losing to Jax, we get the 5 seed!

1 hour ago, JƂy RƛƟeƒ said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

GO COLTS!Ā  GO JETS!

Ā 

So it looks like we don't even need to beat the Pats*.

Ā 

That said, weĀ should rest our starters for the Miami game, rather than risk injury in an imminent loss.

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think our best shot at help this week rests with the Jets. 10AM game for the Chargers, little gloomy, rainy, ChristmasĀ Eve..Jets +250 moneyline.Ā 

Ā 

I completely agree. That game is no gimme for the Chargers like some are claiming. The Chargers are banged up too. I made my bet this morning.

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ā 

;)

Ā 

I keep seeing so many members of the media (national and local), as well as fans on social media, blaming Peterman for that Chargers game and putting this playoff drought on his shoulders (if the Bills do miss by a game).Ā 

Ā 

Did they not watch how the rest of the team played for that LAC game?!? They must just be looking at the box score or something...Ā 

The entire team sucked, from offense to defense to special teams. The O line played one of the worst games I have ever seen them play. Pretty much everyone just stunk it up that game.Ā 

Ā 

I just hate hate seeing it all put on Peterman like that. It's not fair.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ā 

I keep seeing so many members of the media (national and local), as well as fans on social media, blaming Peterman for that Chargers game and putting this playoff drought on his shoulders (if the Bills do miss by a game).Ā 

Ā 

Did they not watch how the rest of the team played for that LAC game?!? They must just be looking at the box score or something...Ā 

The entire team sucked, from offense to defense to special teams. The O line played one of the worst games I have ever seen them play. Pretty much everyone just stunk it up that game.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The blame they place is on the coach, not Peterman.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

that just goes to show how much of the Bills games they actually watch.