Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Either way we control our destiny for once! So pumped to say that with 2 weeks remaining.

Just win out and we are in BABY!!  If the Dolphins can beat the Pats, why the hell can't we?

I wouldn't call it "controlling our own destiny" when we play the Pats next week. Lol

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Win twice and they are in

Not happening unless Pats rest their starters. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes there are. That is just the most likely one. 

No actually the more likely won is Tenn lose out and Chargers drop one 

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

I wouldn't call it "controlling our own destiny" when we play the Pats next week. Lol

Not happening unless Pats rest their starters. 

Are you sure. Think MIA said the same thing?

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

So I'm getting the impression our chances would've been better had the Chargers beat KC?

WTF why were people saying it didn't matter who won? I at least could've rooted for the Chiefs to lose last night. Ugh

Rooting for the Chiefs to lose wouldntbhave changed the outcome . The Bills had a path in regardless of the winner. After KC won, the Bills best hope hinged on TEN beating SF today , then losing to division leading Rams, Jags. They lost to SF, so the Bills chances are now dependent upon less likely outcomes. 

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here it is updated with Titans Loss

Thad Brown (@thadbrown7)
#Titans loss means #Bills now control destiny and make playoffs with 2 wins.
#Bills also make playoffs with 1 win and:

#Ravens loss
OR 
TEN wins v Rams then loses v JAX
OR 
2 TEN losses and 1 #Chargers loss

#BillsMafia

This is wrong 

Titans 10-6 win out

Jags 10-6 lose out 

Ravens 10-6 win out

Bills 10-6 win out 

AFC Tiebreakers

• 4th Seed - Tennessee
    AFC South Champ (Wins tie break over Jacksonville based on head-to-head win percentage.)
  • 5th Seed - Jacksonville
    Wins tie break over Buffalo and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.
  • 6th Seed - Baltimore
    Wins tie break over Buffalo based on best win percentage in common games.
  •  

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Rooting for the Chiefs to lose wouldntbhave changed the outcome . The Bills had a path in regardless of the winner. After KC won, the Bills best hope hinged on TEN beating SF today , then losing to division leading Rams, Jags. They lost to SF, so the Bills chances are now dependent upon less likely outcomes. 

Really so Tenn losing out is less likely?  Lol you sir are funny

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

This is wrong 

Titans 10-6 win out

Jags 10-6 lose out 

Ravens 10-6 win out

Bills 10-6 win out 

AFC Tiebreakers

• 4th Seed - Tennessee
    AFC South Champ (Wins tie break over Jacksonville based on head-to-head win percentage.)
  • 5th Seed - Jacksonville
    Wins tie break over Buffalo and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.
  • 6th Seed - Baltimore
    Wins tie break over Buffalo based on best win percentage in common games.
  •  

Where is your link?  Nah will go with a verified reporter 

3 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

They have to beat the Rams? Wouldn't the lose both?

I think this is only relevant if the Chargers win out.  In this scenario, there would be a three way tie and bills would own the tie breaker.  If Chargers lose 1, then we want the titans to lose out.

3 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

How much better would our playoff chances be right now if the Chargers beat KC last night? Just curious. 

They would be appreciably better imo. Titans lost to SF and finish with Rams and Jags. That would have probably left just KC and BUF at 9-7 after week 17 with the tiebreaker going to Bills by virtue of head to head win. 

What I'm trying to figure out is how losing to the Falcons would have put us in a better position than we are in right now. Win out. Playoffs.

(Sorry folks, this is a delayed response to the annual early season trollish/jack-assian post after we beat an NFC team claiming our playoff chances just worsened).