Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

6 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

yup..can't be overstated enough how much better it would have been had the titans not choked the game away against the niners earlier today

It would all be o.k. if Jacksonville takes out the Titans on the final weekend, but it's looking unlikely that they'll have much (if anything) to play for. Pittsburgh gets Houston and the Browns to end the season, so it seems very unlikely that Jax can move up to the second seed. I could see Marrone resting starters (plus what fun! you get to screw over the Bills by doing it!!) and the Titans getting in as a result.

3 minutes ago, Kgun5 said:

Agreed...Maybe they’ll show up agains the Rams.

Still, the Jags may have little to play for in two weeks.

You beat me to it.  Oh, they'll have one thing to play for: Doug Marrone screwing over his former employer by playing his third stringers and letting the Titans into the party instead of us.

26 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

To me I don't understand this?

The Nissans lose to the Rams then the Jags and they are 8-8 even if the Bills split they are 9-7.

Hope for a Chargers loss or even a Ravens loss and the Bills are in. 

Rams and Jags are division leaders and very tough teams to beat. The Jets and Raiders aren't . Neither are the Colts and Bengals are imploding. A Titans win today in SF and the Bills chances would have been looking up. A 3 way tie at 9-7 with TEN and LAC was the Bills most likely playoff ticket. 

39 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But keep everything else the same and have us beating the Pats?  That jumps all the way up to a 63% chance of getting in. If ever there was a time to beat the Pats it's on Christmas Eve.

All I want from Santa this year is a whooping of the Patriots in their own stadium.  Payback time for what Gronk did to White.

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I think everyone griping about the Tenn loss should remember the Bills put themselves in this situation. The losses to the Jets & Bengals come to mind.

And Carolina. We know.... it doesn't change the fact that a TEN win would have benefitted the Bills and it's a tougher road now. Next year I suppose, 18 and counting......

2 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

Now we officially control our own destiny? There is some tinder for your pipe lol

By now I take it you understand you are wrong on this, yet again. If the Bills and the Ravens win out, the Ravens will get the tiebreaker. There are, of course, other scenarios. But that's all you should need to understand the Bills DO NOT control their own destiny.

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

By now I take it you understand you are wrong on this, yet again. If the Bills and the Ravens win out, the Ravens will get the tiebreaker. There are, of course, other scenarios. But that's all you should need to understand the Bills DO NOT control their own destiny.

And who’s the 5 seed in this hypothetical scenario?

51 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

To me I don't understand this?

The Nissans lose to the Rams then the Jags and they are 8-8 even if the Bills split they are 9-7.

Hope for a Chargers loss or even a Ravens loss and the Bills are in. 

Ravens aren't losing anymore

and the Chargers most likely aren't either. Philip Rivers is on a hot streak and the Oakland secondary is complete shambles 

55 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This seems lost on many posters here. The door closed quite a bit today if looking at results that are likely to happen. 

It's not lost on us. We are in a better scenario to control our own destiny with a Titans loss. Maybe you give up on the Pats game, but the Bills as a team certainly have not.

11 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The Bills absolutely control their own destiny. There are only two other teams that can get to 10-6 and 2 wildcard spots. Titans and Ravens. We win the tie breaker against the Titans in that scenario.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/wins/results/400951631~2~400951675~2~400951667~1~400951788~1~400951748~2

Bills 10-6 Win against Patriots and Dolphins and we are in

Bills 9-7 Help needed:

Ravens to lose to Colts or Bengals. Chargers are irrelevant if this happens.

OR

Titans to lose to Jaguars but win against Rams. Chargers are irrelevant if this happens.

OR

Titans to lose next two games + Chargers to lose at least one of next two games.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It's not lost on us. We are in a better scenario to control our own destiny with a Titans loss. Maybe you give up on the Pats game, but the Bills as a team certainly have not.

The Bills absolutely control their own destiny. There are only two other teams that can get to 10-6 and 2 wildcard spots. Titans and Ravens. We win the tie breaker against the Titans in that scenario.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/wins/results/400951631~2~400951675~2~400951667~1~400951788~1~400951748~2

This ^ is what I was referring to Dean!

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

By now you understand that I was indeed correct and the Titans loss put us in control of our own playoff destiny?

So if we lose to the Pats then beat the Phins that puts us at 9-7.

If the Titans lose the next two games they finish at 8-8. (Definitely a possibility considering Jax and LAR are arguably the two hottest teams in the NFL right now and Jax will be playing for a first round bye)

Regardless of anything else, the Bills should make the playoffs, right? 

The way it's looking now is that the ravens and chargers will make it and the bills and titans are on the outside looking in. This is assuming we lose next week and beat Miami week 17. And that the chiefs win one of their final two (home dolphins, at broncos)

This changes if:

1. the titans beat the rams next week or

2. the chargers lose one of their last two (at jets, home raiders) or

3. ravens lose one of their last two (home colts, home bengals)

this is why that titans loss today sucked so badly for the bills...we need them to go 9-7 just as badly as we need to go 9-7, with that 9th win not being against an afc team because there's a good chance the ravens and chargers are going 4-0 the next two weeks

Edited by QB Bills

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

This is wrong stop posting it 

if bills win out they can still miss the playoffs if the titans win out 

Titans 10-6 win out

Jags 10-6 lose out 

Ravens 10-6 win out

Bills 10-6 win out 

AFC Tiebreakers

• 4th Seed - Tennessee
    AFC South Champ (Wins tie break over Jacksonville based on head-to-head win percentage.)
  • 5th Seed - Jacksonville
    Wins tie break over Buffalo and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.
  • 6th Seed - Baltimore
    Wins tie break over Buffalo based on best win percentage in common games.

WTF are you talking about? The Jags have CLINCHED a playoff spot, as of right now.

32 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I think everyone griping about the Tenn loss should remember the Bills put themselves in this situation. The losses to the Jets & Bengals come to mind.

Agreed, I said that the night of the loss to the Jets. That will come back to bite us the most. Including the chances of the bills getting another prime time game next year

5 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The way it's looking now is that the ravens and chargers will make it and the bills and titans are on the outside looking in. This is assuming we lose next week and beat Miami week 17. And that the chiefs win one of their final two (home dolphins, at broncos)

This changes if:

1. the titans beat the rams next week or

2. the chargers lose one of their last two (at jets, home raiders) or

3. ravens lose one of their last two (home colts, home bengals)

this is why that titans win today sucked so badly for the bills...we need them to go 9-7 just as badly as we need to go 9-7, with that 9th win not being against an afc team because there's a good chance the ravens and chargers are going 4-0 the next two weeks

WTF are you talking about? The Titans LOST today.

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

WTF are you talking about? The Titans LOST today.

The thing about 9-7 for the Bills is that if the Chargers win their remaining two, they own the H2H tiebreaker on us UNLESS it is a three way tie. Some people look at the Titans loss to the 49ers as a blow to the chances of a three way tie because they play two tough remaining teams. I disagree since the Titans losing puts the Bills in a "win and you are in" situation albeit a tough win against the Patriots is needed.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

The thing about 9-7 for the Bills is that if the Chargers win their remaining two, they own the tiebreaker on us UNLESS it is a three way tie. Some people look at the Titans loss to the 49ers as a blow to the chances of a three way tie because they play two tough remaining teams. I disagree since the Titans losing puts the Bills in a "win and you are in" situation albeit a tough win against the Patriots is needed.

It is always better to control your own destiny.