Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

In what scenario will Jacksonville be playing for something in week 17?  

Because if it's nothing I'm pretty sure Marrone ain't doing us any solids.  Just a hunch.

Yes they can jump Pitt and get a bye they will be playing to win. Pitt losing vs New England help us in that scenario 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

In what scenario will Jacksonville be playing for something in week 17?  

Because if it's nothing I'm pretty sure Marrone ain't doing us any solids.  Just a hunch.

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Yes they can jump Pitt and get a bye they will be playing to win. Pitt losing vs New England help us in that scenario 

For what it's worth the same if NE drops a game.

The Jags will be likely playing to win vs. Titans last game of the season. Sure the Steelers play the Browns in week 17 but the Jags win the head to head tiebreaker with the Steelers. Marrone won't be resting any starters unless Steelers win (Texans) and Jax loses (Niners) this week. 

So this weekend, root for the Jags to beat the Niners. That will make Jax's week 17 meaningful vs Titans. That's a big one for the Bills. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I was really wondering what the odds were.

36% is lower than I thought it would be, but good god we need to get in. Yesterday is like the 4th time this year I thought maybe they can make it, which was quickly dashed seeing subsequent games. I must admit it's nice being in meaningful games this time of year, but if we get left out on a tiebreaker that will really really suck.

This team is going to give me a heart attack.

36% with 2 games to go...I'll take it. If you had told me at the beginning of the season we'd be here I wouldn't have believed it.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

From what I can tell, we need:

Titans to lose out (Playing Rams & Jags, so certainly plausible)

Either the Ravens (Colts & Bengals) or Chargers (Jets & Raiders) to lose a game.

I think that's right and that's assuming we're 9-7.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Either the Ravens (Colts & Bengals) or Chargers (Jets & Raiders) to lose a game.

There are 4 ways we get in.

1. Win out and finish 10-6 and we are in

2. Titans beat Rams, lose to Jaguars. Chargers win out. We get in on a 3 way tie.

3. Ravens lose a game and we win 1 game

4. Jaguars beat Titans and Chargers lose a game

Don't want the Titans to lose out cause then option 2 is taking away from us. Gotta root for then this weekend. They win and we have all 4 paths available to us. They lose and we only have 3 paths for us.

6 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Seems to me our best shot is Titans lose out (Rams, Jags) and Chargers lose Week 17 to Raiders.

I just can't see Bengals or Colts beating Baltimore.

I wouldn't call the Jets game a gimme for the Chargers. They are banged up will be traveling east and have a 1 pm kick off.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It is also possible for the Chiefs to lose out (Dolphins and Broncos).  Chargers would win the division with two wins and we would get the wildcard