Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

12 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Ah i misread it, to answer the question no there is no way we can be 9-7 in week 17 and definitely make it in because of those pesky ravens. 

That wasn't the question either. Thanks, though...

16 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

According to the NYT Playoff machine, yes.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#bal-ind-16=loss&kc-mia-16=win&ne-buf-16=win&nyj-lac-16=win&ten-lar-16=loss&mia-buf-17=loss

If all of these happen in week 16 and we win in week 17, we're at 100% getting in:

Colts, Chiefs, Jets, and Rams all win.

Pretty confident in Chiefs and Rams.

GO COLTS!  GO JETS!

Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but from what I can tell, it only depends on the Jets and Colts winning. It doesn't seem to have any effect if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win.

Ugh...go Jets and Colts!

Edited by Rubes

16 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

According to the NYT Playoff machine, yes.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#bal-ind-16=loss&kc-mia-16=win&ne-buf-16=win&nyj-lac-16=win&ten-lar-16=loss&mia-buf-17=loss

If all of these happen in week 16 and we win in week 17, we're at 100% getting in:

Colts, Chiefs, Jets, and Rams all win.

Pretty confident in Chiefs and Rams.

GO COLTS!  GO JETS!

why do we need the Chiefs to win? for that matter why do we need the Rams to win?

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

why do we need the Chiefs to win? for that matter why do we need the Rams to win?

Yeah, like I edited above, it doesn't seem to matter if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win...

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

That wasn't the question either. Thanks, though...

Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but from what I can tell, it only depends on the Jets and Colts winning. It doesn't seem to have any effect if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win.

Ugh...go Jets and Colts!

That has to suck pinning hope on those 2 teams

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Yeah, like I edited above, it doesn't seem to matter if the Chiefs and Rams lose, as long as the Jets and Colts win...

The question is do we need both of those, or only 1? I think if we get either one and beat the Fish, we are in

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The question is do we need both of those, or only 1? I think if we get either one and beat the Fish, we are in

If only Colts win, we're at 95% likely with no other games entered.  If only Jets win we're at 75% likely.

6 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

From what I am seeing, as long as the Chargers, Ravens or Titans lose one game over the next two weeks we are in. As long as we beat Miami in week 17. 

If Titans lose two, Chargers win 2, Ravens win 2, we are out. 

Its the Chargers and Ravens need to lose 1 game, Titans we actually need to win against the Rams if Baltimore and the Chargers win out.

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If Titans lose two, Chargers win 2, Ravens win 2, we are out. 

Its the Chargers and Ravens need to lose 1 game, Titans we actually need to win against the Rams if Baltimore and the Chargers win out.

If Baltimore wins out, the Titans must lose to JAX or Bills are out. 

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is there any scenario that if we win BOTH games, we are still OUT?  Is it possible for someone to jump us even if we win both?

Yep.  Bills win out, Ravens win out, Titans win out, and 49ers beat Jaguars.