I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

Me? I'm not hating. He played well enough to win. But it's absolutely bizarre that there is a thread praising him. If Atlanta puts up their normal 30 points a game, if we don't get a defensive TD, if Haushka can't hit 55+ yard fg's then we lose. Luckily things went our way

If Atlanta puts up 30 do you think we only attempt 20 throws? I'm not attacking you, just debating. Ftr, I like your takes usually.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me? I'm not hating. He played well enough to win. But it's absolutely bizarre that there is a thread praising him. If Atlanta puts up their normal 30 points a game, if we don't get a defensive TD, if Haushka can't hit 55+ yard fg's then we lose. Luckily things went our way

If the queen had balls she'd be king too.

It's not luck to rely on a kicker who has shown he's accurate in long rangee attempts. It's not luck when your defense shuts down an offense 4 weeks in a row. It's not luck when you drill into defensive players mind to pick up any loose ball and run with it until you hear a whistle.

That said we don't need call out threads like the OP started.

Stop. Tyrod does not call the plays and he does not decide to kick 18-yard FGs instead of scoring touchdowns. Tyrod averaged over 9 yards per pass attempt yesterday, with zero turnovers. He clearly outplayed Matt Ryan in his own house, with a crew of WRs that no QB would envy. You need to give your "he's a bridge QB, we need to draft a franchise QB" shtick a rest or you're going to be eating even more crow in the future.

Please maintain your composure and don't go off like a raving lunatic. The coaches are calling plays to suit his game which is not close to being a full repertoire offense. That's a fact! If you disagree that's fine. But responding in a red faced spit dripping burst of anger is not productive. I do agree with you that his receiving corps is below average.

TT made about 5 gorgeous throws that I never have seen him attempt before, let alone complete.

For example, the two deep throws to clay, the Matthews TD, and the long Zay drop.

Those were extremely accurate throws and a few under duress. He played an outstanding game.

Agreed. I've never seen TT do 1/2 of the stuff he did yesterday. He missed a wide-open Zay Jones, then came back and nailed a bunch of fantastic throws. The one to Clay in double-coverage was fantastic. Perhaps the OC told him not to worry about throwing an INT here or there, and use his stuff. I've been "down" on TT (not a "hater"), but I always thought he needed more confidence. Perhaps he has it now.

I thought he was very good last week and solid yesterday. The TD throw to Matthews was a beauty, as was the long throw to Charles Clay earlier that drive, but his best play of the game was the 3rd down to Andre Holmes just before the goal line series where we ended up with the field goal. Why? Because that play in itself encapsulated some progress. It took a few seconds to develop I think Holmes was his 3rd read (but I will have to watch back to check) AND Tyrod did not bail the pocket to run. He almost did... you can see his feet start to get angsty and he fights against all his own instincts, you can literally see the man fighting himself to stay in the pocket step up and make a throw. Last year Tyrod takes off there and probably comes down just short of the sticks. The extra time taken to run the next series of 3 plays might have been critical by the end. That is progress and very pleasing to see.

It was great seeing TT go through his reads, have pocket presence, and deliver on his reads. When I saw Matthews streak across the endzone I thought I hope TT sees that. It was his 3rd read, he saw it, and made a perfect throw. I also like that he keeps feeding Clay. Clay is a gigantic mismatch. And our WR's will benefit from this.

we arent asking him to win games by himself

he throws the ball less than 25 times a game

the QBs who are putting up 40 throws a game are the ones that throw for 300 yards a game

TT is doing what hes being asked to do, manage games and win

I don't know if I'd call myself a TT "hater", but have been pretty critical of him at times based on his obvious limitations and how far I think a team can go under him. But he's been very solid the last couple weeks and I'm super excited this team is winning big games like Den and Atl! I'll definitely give Taylor credit for making big plays and leading this team to a 3-1 record. Keep it up TT!!

we arent asking him to win games by himself

he throws the ball less than 25 times a game

the QBs who are putting up 40 throws a game are the ones that throw for 300 yards a game

TT is doing what hes being asked to do, manage games and win

This makes too much sense to be correct. +1

YPA is right there with the best. Did you know Rodgers threw for under 200 and also won?

Two things -

TT is the same as he always is, but is learning to use the middle of the field. He now has a defense and a kicker supporting him. This team probably makes the playoffs with this scheme the past two years. I like TT, but lets not pretend he made this giant leap forward. Hes played well before.

Not a massive leap, no. However, I have seen some small steps. His time to throw average is very slightly up after yesterday but I still think he is throwing faster the past 2 weeks and he is fighting his natural instinct to run. Both are encouraging.

The passing offense is 31st in the league. Rushing is 16th. Scoring is 23rd. The offense has not been good. The Bills are winning because of the defense.

We are leading the league in turnovers which is more important than we give credit for.

I disagree. The margin of error is so small with a QB as limited as Tyrod. The Falcons were -3 in turnovers and were still just 10 yards away from winning the game because they have an amazing QB.

Their amazing QB had the 3 turnovers. You know that's really important right? And a big reason that we won. 300 yards with 2 INTs is not as good as 200 yards with 0 INTs if you ask me. Not unless you're in a shootout which this game never was. Edited by HappyDays

NFL teams that win play to their strengths and attack other team's weaknesses. It's never one player.

It's never one player but it's also never evenly distributed.

Do you actually not understand what people are saying about Tyrod even though we're 3-1?

Hey I'm here. He is playing better but he still not great. The defense has kept us in it not TTs play. The ball should have been in the end zone last possession. Not a field goal. Thanks God we won, we stopped them on third and short. Then on forth and short. Now, if they would have scored it was over. But they didn't thanks D.

Edited by Noogie75

We are leading the league in turnovers which is more important than we give credit for.

Their amazing QB had the 3 turnovers. You know that's really important right? And a big reason that we won. 300 yards with 2 INTs is not as good as 200 yards with 0 INTs if you ask me. Not unless you're in a shootout which this game never was.

what is he talking about?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

NFL Team Passing Defense Statistics - 2017

Yards allowed passing
RK ATT COMP YDS
14 153 94 851
Completion %
12 61.4
Sacks
8 11

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

I am happy to be 3-1, but without this Defense, we are 1-3, maybe 0-4.

Tyrod cannot carry this team. I'm not sure he knows what a WR is. 5 completions per game to wideouts.

Through 4 Weeks, 21 completions to WRs.

Week 4 - 4 WR receptions

Matthews: 2

Jones: 1

Holmes: 1

Week 3 - 6 WR receptions

Matthews: 3

Holmes: 2

K. Clay: 1

Week 2 - 7 WR receptions

Matthews: 3

Holmes: 2

Jones: 2

Week 1 - 4 WR receptions

Matthews: 2

Jones: 1

Holmes: 1

Here's the thing. The "total yards doesnt sound flashy. And it easy to say "31st passing offense". But here are stats that give you better perspective.

Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)

65 - 99 - 1 - 7.5

He's only thrown the ball 99 times thru 4 games... easy math, 25 times per game.

If you look at yards per completion, he's (by my count) 14th in the league. Definitely not Brady, but he's getting the job done. When he does have to throw it, he's fairly effective.

The point is, when we ask him to throw it, he's doing a good job, and his running threat is huge for the team, and i'm not talking about when he takes off and runs. It's his ability to move the pocket and buy time.

They're out there waiting to pounce at the next opportunity and dealing with a real bills victory as opposed to the moral victory of the bills losing but being right about Tyrod sucking.

If you think about it, it's actually a very good hedge. You can't lose...

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

what is he talking about?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

NFL Team Passing Defense Statistics - 2017

Yards allowed passing
RK ATT COMP YDS
14 153 94 851
Completion %
12 61.4
Sacks
8 11

The biggest stat that matters (beyond W/L): http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense

T Mobile is improving in his ability to read defenses and go through his progressions to find an open receiver. Yes, he missed some open targets, but he also made some good throws. Right now I think that they are limiting the number of passes he makes, favoring the run, to keep the number of turnovers down. Low turnovers along with a good defense is a good recipe for winning games. I hope that they let TT loose against one of the low tier teams (Bengals?) they face this year to help him get into a groove and let him gain confidence in his passing ability. I hope that they can find a replacement for Matthews and maybe move Dawkins over to RT once Cordy is healthy.

If you are this excited about 180 yards passing then you probably haven't watched a real QB in a while.

Exactly. Did you see Palmer yesterday? Over 350 yards.

Tom Brady? 307.

Joe Flacco? 235.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rogers with a pedestrian-like 179.

Stats are for winners, baby. :lol:

Exactly. Did you see Palmer yesterday? Over 350 yards.

Tom Brady? 307.

Joe Flacco? 235.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rogers with a pedestrian-like 179.

Stats are for winners, baby. :lol:

And I'm sure the Packers forum doesn't have a thread about how great Rodgers played. Some games you do what you have to without screwing it up. Defense won this game and Tyrod did what he had to do to not lose it

I've never been a Tyrod hater. I want him to do well. It's actually the Tyrod "lovers" that I think live in a world of delusion.

Tyrod has gotten the job done the last couple games, more from the mistakes he's avoided than the plays he's made. It helps having the best scoring defense in the NFL.

As a final note... I'd pick a game where we get more than one offensive touchdown before chest bumping about the QB. He's been fine, but please let's just get a consistent season together before running around anointing anyone.

I've never been a Tyrod hater. I want him to do well. It's actually the Tyrod "lovers" that I think live in a world of delusion.

Tyrod has gotten the job done the last couple games, more from the mistakes he's avoided than the plays he's made. It helps having the best scoring defense in the NFL.

As a final note... I'd pick a game where we get more than one offensive touchdown before chest bumping about the QB. He's been fine, but please let's just get a consistent season together before running around anointing anyone.

Interesting take. Isn't it the 'Tyrod lovers' who claimed we could win with Tyrod if the D played better?

The Bills are finally looking and playing like what we were promised at the beginning of 2015!

an asset that has been completely underrated the previous 2 season becuz of how inept the defense was.

I personally don't think much has changed with taylor and think the qb search will, and probably should, continue. but the guy has won more than he's lost and its silly how many people downgrade his ability to play efficient football and PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. such an underrated part of his game and now finally with a defense that can hold its own we see how valuable it can be.

Tyrod is playing well and improving. He is doing what he is being asked to do. No doubt there will be games where he will be asked to do more if we get behind. Hoping he can deliver. When ahead or tight, we are a defense-first ball club for which he is a perfect fit. Moves the chains with feet and arm, and does not turn the ball over.

After the Panthers game didn't you say Peterman should start? Not very consistent are you.

Interesting take. Isn't it the 'Tyrod lovers' who claimed we could win with Tyrod if the D played better?

The Bills are finally looking and playing like what we were promised at the beginning of 2015!

Exactly. No one has ever said Tyrod is elite. But he sure looks better right now than Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning... He is at the very least firmly in that tier, and that tier can win with a defense. What we're missing now is good playmakers on offense. That's the final piece and we can be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in a couple years.

Edited by HappyDays

I thought he was very good last week and solid yesterday. The TD throw to Matthews was a beauty, as was the long throw to Charles Clay earlier that drive, but his best play of the game was the 3rd down to Andre Holmes just before the goal line series where we ended up with the field goal. Why? Because that play in itself encapsulated some progress. It took a few seconds to develop I think Holmes was his 3rd read (but I will have to watch back to check) AND Tyrod did not bail the pocket to run. He almost did... you can see his feet start to get angsty and he fights against all his own instincts, you can literally see the man fighting himself to stay in the pocket step up and make a throw. Last year Tyrod takes off there and probably comes down just short of the sticks. The extra time taken to run the next series of 3 plays might have been critical by the end. That is progress and very pleasing to see.

Just watched a clip of this play from Cover1 on twitter. Holmes is definitely the third read. His first read is Shady, then he comes back to Zay running a crosser and as he decides not to throw that you see his feet start to move and it is almost as though his brain realises his feet are moving and he collects them back under himself and sees Holmes across the middle (who ran the route at the perfect depth) and throws a perfect ball to him. Excellent play Tyrod Taylor.

Please maintain your composure and don't go off like a raving lunatic. The coaches are calling plays to suit his game which is not close to being a full repertoire offense. That's a fact! If you disagree that's fine. But responding in a red faced spit dripping burst of anger is not productive. I do agree with you that his receiving corps is below average.

John, there was nothing unhinged or angry about my post, so relax.

You can be a very strong contributor here, but you also tend to state as stone-cold facts things that are nothing more than your opinion, like what you posted above. It is a fact that McDermott/Dennison have played it very close to the vest offensively, especially when the Bills have had the lead after the 3d quarter, but there are likely many reasons for this. Off the top of my head: They trust the defense to stop the other team, they recognize that the Bills have few receiving weapons with which to threaten opposing defenses, and they are simply conservative by nature. Saying that the sole reason for this conservative play-calling is Tyrod's "limited repertoire" is just misinformed and lazy. Are there certain things Tyrod does not do as well as the best QBs in the league? Absolutely, but that doesn't prove much because there are also plays Tyrod can make that no other QB in the game can. Unfair question: How well do you think Aaron Rodgers would have done yesterday, on the road with the "weapons" Tyrod had at his disposal?

Edited by mannc

He finally has a good defense backing him up and hes doing his part to help us win games. I still dont see him as anything more than a stop gap but he will have the rest of the year to change that opinion. Some of you have set the bar so low that just completing ordinary passes gets you puffing your chest and ready to call people out.

Edited by Bangarang

I disagree. The margin of error is so small with a QB as limited as Tyrod. The Falcons were -3 in turnovers and were still just 10 yards away from winning the game because they have an amazing QB.

The Falcons LOST the game because of the 3 turnovers by Matt Ryan. I don't think anyone is comparing tyrod to matt ryan, but sometimes winning football games is done by not making those critical mistakes. Yesterday was a prime example

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

Call out thread? Really?

Many that have been outspoken on wanting better at QB(myself included) I am sure are happy that the Bills stepped up and won the game. In fact many of us that wanted better at QB are even thrown back by Tyrods play but 180 yards isn't a DWatson type of day, DW played balls out and had a better game then Tyrod had his entire career. I want to enjoy the win these types of threads should be locked.

I'm holding out hope that Tyrod helps take this team to the playoffs because I love my Bills and he is stepping up.

A little criticizing of a QB is what opinions are on a message board, but call out threads should not be allowed.

Some are ok with 180 yards, in fact I'm ok because it was enough to seal the win but when it's all said and done let's say the first playoff game he might need to get a 300 yard game then what. I like where are team is now, I am not a Tyrod backer to the point of saying he is Tygod but I do support him because he is the QB of my favorite team. I wish him Luck and I can only hope the team makes the playoffs. I am enjoying the win in hopes Tyrod proves to us all that he is much better then his in your words profesional haters expected. Go Bills

I have faith. Don't worry, they will regroup, fed by defensive points and red zone failure

I believed TT was our best option this year. I like his poise, and he looks to be getting better. but he still makes some maddening throws.

That being said still believe we should draft a top QB next year and groom him and Peterson behind TT going forward.

I have to give the coaches a lot of credit. This team as a whole is playing at Billeivable levels

Edited by ddaryl