Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What really blows my mind here is looking at year 2.........what the f*ck do they do with this ancient roster next year?........take a step back? Keep old players........get rid of young ones :doh:.......McDermott is really going to have to coach his assoff to avoid the guillotine.

Haven't you heard? We have six draft picks in the first three rounds so it is all good. All six players will be impact players and on the team for years and years to come.

Just read on Rotoworld that Sammy has a concussion. I spoke too soon. He still is made of glass. Oh well.

Yeah, concussions are pretty rare in the NFL. Did you see how he got it, battling to get in the endzone and someone hit him in the head with their helmet. Anyone would get a concussion on that.

No we know.

We just think it was stupid. You don't trade players like Sammy Watkins for unknown draft picks or average corners.

That's been the point all along.

Confident Gaines is going to be above average cb for us for years to come. At least in this scheme. Sammy is an elite talent, but again, he's in the locker room, likely to miss 2 weeks

In every sport in every season the team that wins has two or more star players. There are a limited amount of star players. The Bills have one. Shady. Sammy is a star player. And we traded him for a #2 and a decent corner. We got fleeced.

True dat

This is a truth that's lost on people who don't realize that being a Bills fan is about a shared following.........not about blindly supporting suspect or unproven leadership.

Mentioned in another thread that I'm watching that Ken Burns Vietnam documentary and this frickin drought is almost as long as that conflict at this point..........all we need now is Peter Coyote to stay alive long enough to grimly narrate the retrospective of all the self-inflicted damage when it finally ends.

What really blows my mind here is looking at year 2.........what the f*ck do they do with this ancient roster next year?........take a step back? Keep old players........get rid of young ones :doh:.......McDermott is really going to have to coach his assoff to avoid the guillotine.

this is an absolutely great post, especially the calling out of the ancient roster.

Confident Gaines is going to be above average cb for us for years to come. At least in this scheme. Sammy is an elite talent, but again, he's in the locker room, likely to miss 2 weeks

We would need to sign him for that to happen, and he would want to sign with us.

Did you receive a medical report on Sammy already in regards to him missing 2 weeks?

Wow.

Irvin just crapped all over Buffalo.

Player's leave there and get better

In part because these players left us in their prime. We don't get the best years out of these guys.

Wow.

Irvin just crapped all over Buffalo.

Player's leave there and get better

Woods and Watkins just legitimized the Rams rebuild on national TV. Buffalo scored 3 points last week.

What did you expect them to say, 'The Rams just got 200 yards and 2 TDs from the Buffalo Bills former WRs, making their shakey 2nd year QB look legit, but man, that McBeane is really playing chess when everybody else is playing checkers.'

Woods and Watkins just legitimized the Rams rebuild on national TV. Buffalo scored 3 points last week.

What did you expect them to say, 'The Rams just got 200 yards and 2 TDs from the Buffalo Bills former WRs, making their shakey 2nd year QB look legit, but man, that McBeane is really playing chess when everybody else is playing checkers.'

Ha.

True. Fair points.

Just a little below the belt if you ask me.

We would need to sign him for that to happen, and he would want to sign with us.

Did you receive a medical report on Sammy already in regards to him missing 2 weeks?

In part because these players left us in their prime. We don't get the best years out of these guys.

No but he has a concussion, at least one game. And why was nobody saying this last week when Woods and Watkins were invisible? Let's see if they can gain consistentcy to their games

I thought we were the farm team for the Pats*. I guess we're the farm team for Rams and Niners (Goodwin) now too. When will it end??!

Sammy has elite talents and Woods is a decent receiver. The question is are they the right duo to spend 23 million on? Time will tell but the Rams did the right thing because in order to save their young QB it's what they should do. Tavon and waiting on a rookie might have ruined Goff's career.

I will say that comparing tonight's game and ours against Carolina is really bizarre. A Goff lead offense would get crushed by the Panthers.

Edited by White Linen

Lmao, these guys love taking shots at the Bills? Did their wives sleep with Andre or something?

I'm not a fan of Irvin or Faulk as commentators, but both were on superbowl winning teams that were loaded with talent. To those guys, letting Woods walk and trading Watkins makes absolutely no sense.

Beane and McDermott better prove themselves to be ninjas, because the league's perception of them right now is that they're a couple of amateurs who are in over their heads.

Watching Sammy score 2 TDs and making great catches he should be making for us brought 2 words over and over to my mind.

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

Sammy is an out and out stud. You have to have studs to win. Dumping him for a CB and 2nd round draft pick still amazes me to this day and probably always will. Sort of like the dump Flutie to keep RJ fiasco.

Sure he would have been expensive. You get what you pay for.

I give the Rams credit. You need to surround a young or average QB with good WRs that can catch the football. Woods, Kupp, and Sammy would at the very worst be #2 for us. Sammy obviously would be 1.

IMHO WR is the second most important position after QB and should he treated as such as opposed to how we've dealt with it over the years.

Edited by reddogblitz

Can we not lose our minds over a good game against the 49ers...they were last in the league in maybe every defensive category.

Not really. Coming into the game they held both Carolina and Seattle under 200 yards passing. They were allowing around 125 rushing yards per game. They gave up 35 points in their first two games.

So, not great, but not awful.

Watching Sammy score 2 TDs and making great catches he should be making for us brought 2 words to over and over in my mind.

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

STUPID BILLS

Sammy is an out and out stud. You have to have studs to win. Dumping him for a CB and 2nd round draft pick still amazes me to this day and probably always will. Sort of like the dump Flutie to keep RJ fiasco.

Sure he would have been expensive. You get what you pay for.

I give the Rams credit. You need to surround a young or average QB with good WRs that can catch the football. Woods, Kupp, and Sammy would at the very worst be #2 for us. Sammy obviously would be 1.

IMHO WR is the second most important position after QB and should he treated as such as opposed to how we've dealt with it over the years.

Yup. Good post. And for all the Tyrod haters, you know what the best thing that could happen to a 2018 number one pick at QB we are putting our entire franchise's future on? A guy like Sammy Watkins. See Jared Goff.

I'm not a fan of Irvin or Faulk as commentators, but both were on superbowl winning teams that were loaded with talent. To those guys, letting Woods walk and trading Watkins makes absolutely no sense.

Beane and McDermott better prove themselves to be ninjas, because the league's perception of them right now is that they're a couple of amateurs who are in over their heads.

After what we witnessed tonight, McB might as well be considered childlike in their personnel decisions.

"I wish we played the 49'ers and Rams this year."

This, Doc.... this

The elite Sammy Watkins is now the leagues 32nd most productive WR per game with a 64 yard average after a monster night against one of the NFLs worst secondaries.... he left the game injured.

If they really need him they can outbid everyone next year, like they would've had to anyway.

It's funny to me that people justify the trade to ship him out the same way other fans justify the draft day trade to get him.

Draft day: great trade because we were going to draft Ebron

Trade to rams: great trade because we weren't going to pay him

So basically fans consider these to be shrewd moves by the front office because that same front office was first stupidly going to take Ebron over obj and then secondly, stupidly not going to pay market value for an elite talent like Sammy after stupidly not picking up his option.

The circular logic can make your head spin.

Yup. Good post. And for all the Tyrod haters, you know what the best thing that could happen to a 2018 number one pick at QB we are putting our entire franchise's future on? A guy like Sammy Watkins. See Jared Goff.

This is why the trade continues to confound me. If the plan is to draft a QB in this upcoming class, why trade away the one player on your whole roster who can accelerate the progress of a young QB? Especially when you control his rights for two more seasons, that means they had two seasons before they really even had to decide whether or not to pay him a big contract. That's two seasons to prove he's not injury prone and help develop your (hopefully) franchise rookie QB.

A highly motivated star player at a position of need... traded away for a second round pick and a CB. Makes me wanna cry.

It was a bad deal on many levels, not the least of which it shows a lack of foresight on the part of the new GM.

The Rams just rebuilt in ONE OFFSEASON by bringing in a young offensive wizzard who understands modern passing concepts. They picked up two quality WRs who the Bills didn't want and are using them to score points and win games.

The Pegulas entrusted their billion-dollar organization to a couple of nobodies with a 3-5 year plan who promptly shed a ton of talent, stocked the roster with aging vets, and neutralized the offense to the point of being flaccid and unwatchable.

But yeah, it's Tyrod's fault.

Are we really ready for three more years of this? More importantly, is Terry?

By next October, the Bills likely will still be going sideways while a team of former Bills whom McBeane jettisoned could whip their current replacements. You think Terry is gonna stay patient at that point? The fans will be going nuts. Pundits will be calling the Bills a farm team en masse. There is no way this regime sees Year 3 at this rate and then here we go again with the restart. The only salvageable piece of that is that by then, maybe they've actually drafted a Baker Mayfield...

The Watkins trade was the dumbest display of "strategy" I've seen from this team in a long time, and that's really saying something. It was cruel to the fans and, more importantly, Beane really put himself up against the wall with the move, and then McBeane doubled down in the idiocy and insult by lying to the fans that they're not throwing in the towel this year.

Terry watches our offense and he hears about tonight's Rams game and he isn't going to be pleased. That "patience for the process" McBeane was banking on is already under a ton of stress.

It's funny to me that people justify the trade to ship him out the same way other fans justify the draft day trade to get him.

Draft day: great trade because we were going to draft Ebron

Trade to rams: great trade because we weren't going to pay him

So basically fans consider these to be shrewd moves by the front office because that same front office was first stupidly going to take Ebron over obj and then secondly, stupidly not going to pay market value for an elite talent like Sammy after stupidly not picking up his option.

The circular logic can make your head spin.

Yup. It's called Stockholm Syndrome. Edited by Coach Tuesday

If the Rams were in our division they wouldn't make the playoffs with that team, if we were in their division we would likely make the playoffs with our team.

It was one night against one of the worst defenses in the league, let's see how it all looks come season end before jumping to conclusions.

The Rams just rebuilt in ONE OFFSEASON by bringing in a young offensive wizzard who understands modern passing concepts. They picked up two quality WRs who the Bills didn't want and are using them to score points and win games.

The Pegulas entrusted their billion-dollar organization to a couple of nobodies with a 3-5 year plan who promptly shed a ton of talent, stocked the roster with aging vets, and neutralized the offense to the point of being flaccid and unwatchable.

But yeah, it's Tyrod's fault.

Are we really ready for three more years of this? More importantly, is Terry?

By next October, the Bills likely will still be going sideways while a team of former Bills whom McBeane jettisoned could whip their current replacements. You think Terry is gonna stay patient at that point? The fans will be going nuts. Pundits will be calling the Bills a farm team en masse. There is no way this regime sees Year 3 at this rate and then here we go again with the restart. The only salvageable piece of that is that by then, maybe they've actually drafted a Baker Mayfield...

The Watkins trade was the dumbest display of "strategy" I've seen from this team in a long time, and that's really saying something. It was cruel to the fans and, more importantly, Beane really put himself up against the wall with the move, and then McBeane doubled down in the idiocy and insult by lying to the fans that they're not throwing in the towel this year.

Terry watches our offense and he hears about tonight's Rams game and he isn't going to be pleased. That "patience for the process" McBeane was banking on is already under a ton of stress.

Yup. It's called Stockholm Syndrome.

This is such crap. McVay is a young offensive wizard, but McDermott is a nobody. McDermott was a highly ranked HC candidate and a defensive wizard if you will that has rebuilt a D in one season. If you want to go off two games. Which apparently is OK if it's not the Bills but not OK if you're talking about the Bills.

They're lying about not throwing the towel in? How? They are 1-1. Same as the great Rams team by your account. Accuse people of lying like some lthird grader who didn't get want he wants. Oh, and the trade was cruel? How ridiculous is that? I didn't like the Watkins trade. But cruel? Ridiculous. And as for Woods he was a FA. Emphasis on free, as in free to look at offers. And he got a really big one for being the second or third WR on the Rams.

Will the new regime get three years? Yes. Terry I think has figured out you have to stay the course. The D is looking really good now. The O has to play better. And since the Rams are apparently your pet team, their O looks really good but their D has to play better.

You want to make comparisons based on one game, even one play? You can make that look any way you want. I can sit here and say look at Poyer, Hyde, Alexander and say wow, our defense looks really good. How dumb were other teams for letting them go? Do you give the Bills front office credit for bringing them in? I'll bet not.

This is why the trade continues to confound me. If the plan is to draft a QB in this upcoming class, why trade away the one player on your whole roster who can accelerate the progress of a young QB? Especially when you control his rights for two more seasons, that means they had two seasons before they really even had to decide whether or not to pay him a big contract. That's two seasons to prove he's not injury prone and help develop your (hopefully) franchise rookie QB.

A highly motivated star player at a position of need... traded away for a second round pick and a CB. Makes me wanna cry.

It was a bad deal on many levels, not the least of which it shows a lack of foresight on the part of the new GM.

Everyone called it stupid.