Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is your choice whether to believe what people here post as real information. It is the opposite of ruining the board. Posters who are willing to post things they hear from viable sources enhance the board, not ruin it. In most cases, the info that is posted ends up getting reported publically later on.

like that bar fight someone last weekend told me about in NoLa from 4 years ago. Right?

Can't believe that was never reported, I verified what you and I both heard from someone else. Someone who was there.

That was a hell of a catch

There are not many WRs in the NFL who can make that catch either. I have no doubt we are 2-0 right now had we not made that trade. Somewhere Tyrod Taylor just threw his drinking glass across the room at the wall and screamed when he saw that lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

There are not many WRs in the NFL who can make that catch either. I have no doubt we are 2-0 right now had we not made that trade. Somewhere Tyrod Taylor just threw his drinking glass across the room at the wall and screamed when he saw that lol

The talent is there. What's not there has been the consistency for one reason or another. He hasn't proven himself yet to be anywhere near $16m a year. If he is able to stay healthy and put it all together then maybe that changes.

Sammy was not signing here for many reasons as stated earlier. But one of the biggest reasons not mentioned: OBJ. Sammy is absolutely jealous of OBJ's success from a guy he knows he is better than from his draft class. He wasn't sticking around in buffalo with no QB. I highly doubt he signs with LA either. He wants HOF type numbers. He won't get there with Goff. He's very much like a college recruit that wants to pick his spot. He will go with a franchise QB. We win the trade because LA gets nothing in the end. Only way he stays is of Goff keeps improving and the money they offer is far and above what he can get elsewhere

I'm still not sure folks understand. They traded Watkins for a second and a starting DB. they wanted the draft collateral and probably weren't expecting to sign him next season, were able to get a starting WR whom I suspect they thought fits their WCO well. . It's not because they didn't know Sammy is good at football.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Sammy was not signing here for many reasons as stated earlier. But one of the biggest reasons not mentioned: OBJ. Sammy is absolutely jealous of OBJ's success from a guy he knows he is better than from his draft class. He wasn't sticking around in buffalo with no QB. I highly doubt he signs with LA either. He wants HOF type numbers. He won't get there with Goff. He's very much like a college recruit that wants to pick his spot. He will go with a franchise QB. We win the trade because LA gets nothing in the end. Only way he stays is of Goff keeps improving and the money they offer is far and above what he can get elsewhere

Conjecture.

Oh my god it was one play!

We're going to have 3-4 of those 'one plays' this year just like the last 17. Then we'll shovel a bunch of picks for a QB who may or may not be good. Then we'll remember we needed a #1 WR and use another pick there. Then it'll be 2-3 years in the future and all our vets will retire or leave via FA and we'll have more holes to fill...

We are setting ourselves up to build an offense while our defense retires and the cycle repeats. Good O, good D, good O...

Not in a good mood today, as you can see.

Edited by Elite Poster

No we know.

We just think it was stupid. You don't trade players like Sammy Watkins for unknown draft picks or average corners.

That's been the point all along.

I support the move personally but the hand wringing over a good play..... yeah we know it happened in Buffalo every 2 or3 games too Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

No we know.

We just think it was stupid. You don't trade players like Sammy Watkins for unknown draft picks or average corners.

That's been the point all along.

You do trade them if you know you're not going to re-sign them because they're going to be expecting too much money for their production to date. And they also traded him for a starting cornerback.

We're going to have 3-4 of those 'one plays' this year just like the last 17. Then we'll shovel a bunch of picks for a QB who may or may not be good. Then we'll remember we needed a #1 WR and use another pick there. Then it'll be 2-3 years in the future and all our vets will retire or leave via FA and we'll have more holes to fill...

We are setting ourselves up to build an offense while our defense retires and the cycle repeats. Good O, good D, good O...

Not in a good mood today, as you can see.

Just gotta be positive. There's some good QB talent coming up.

You do trade them if you know you're not going to re-sign them because they're going to be expecting too much money for their production to date. And they also traded him for a starting cornerback.

You pick up the option. If he has a great year, you try to sign him long term (the he wouldnt sign here rumors are just not true), or you get more in a trade for him.

No you don't.

You resign a top WR because he's a big difference maker to your offense.

But Beane and McDermott know better.

Nope. Not at $12M+/year for the production. OBJ? Yeah, you don't trade him and give him what he wants.

You pick up the option. If he has a great year, you try to sign him long term (the he wouldnt sign here rumors are just not true), or you get more in a trade for him.

In this offense, he wasn't going to have a great year. He likely won't have a great year in LA either.

What's your issue with Goff? First overall pick that has great talent around him and seems to have made big strides already early in his 2nd season. Rams offense is going to be tough to stop.