Who is Paying to Read Jerry Sullivan's Sob Stories?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is paying to read sad sap Sully's downerism?

http://buffalonews.com/subscribe-bills/

Tell me: who?

I can imagine some kid in Buffalo, begging his parents for a subscription this Christmas... Yeah... And Thad Lewis will be our starter in 2018.

That schiit must have just started I was reading hockey stuff on there yesterday

Actually every BN article I clicked on got the pay for access thing. Are they trying this again? I recall back about 2 years or so you got like 10 articles free a month or something, then no more access without paying. Seemed like eventually they gave up on it, maybe they are trying again. Actually when they started limiting access (as did Roch D&C) I started reading the Syracuse articles much more.

Just can't see in this day and age with as much free stuff as there is out there, anyone hardly paying for a subscription. Seems they'll lose more viewers than having articles with ads?? The local newspaper for the city that I live in limits you to I think 3 articles per week. So instead read the articles on the TV station websites.

Actually every BN article I clicked on got the pay for access thing. Are they trying this again? I recall back about 2 years or so you got like 10 articles free a month or something, then no more access without paying. Seemed like eventually they gave up on it, maybe they are trying again. Actually when they started limiting access (as did Roch D&C) I started reading the Syracuse articles much more.

Just can't see in this day and age with as much free stuff as there is out there, anyone hardly paying for a subscription. Seems they'll lose more viewers than having articles with ads?? The local newspaper for the city that I live in limits you to I think 3 articles per week. So instead read the articles on the TV station websites.

yea. Ad block and clearing your cookies have you unlimited access. Looks like they are trying to be more strict with access for no apparent reason other than "the season is about to start, let's make all of it content paid subscription!".

It's a smart move to get revenue from outside the buffalo area but a dick move also.

Anyone rad them for free? TBN is dying behind a paywall and adding another to just Bills articles shows the level of desperation it is in trying to find revenue. It's end hopefully is very near, and The Public or other actual news outlet can step into the void and recreate actual reporting and journalism here.

Anyone rad them for free? TBN is dying behind a paywall and adding another to just Bills articles shows the level of desperation it is in trying to find revenue. It's end hopefully is very near, and The Public or other actual news outlet can step into the void and recreate actual reporting and journalism here.

Your right the Sabres articles are free, I bet they lock them up the week before the season.

I've moved out of state, so actually reading a hard copy is only possible when I visit. I didn't mind giving them extra advertiser dollars to check in, but man...I can't say that most of the articles these days are worth going past the paywall for. Sully and Vic do nothing but beat the same drum, and Gleason is even worse. The best reporter they had in years Ty Dunne, shipped out.

Why would I pay to get Sullivan's opinion on the Bills when I can come here and read many posters, whose opinions I value much more, for free?

Having a journalism degree doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. It. Sullivan is a prime example of that along with a couple others that work for that rag.

Buffalo News is hugely profitable as strange as that may seem. May not be making money on digital, but profitable none the less