Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peterman impressed me with the way he stepped up in the pocket and made throws over the middle. I'd like to see more of him in the preseason and have him develop on the roster as QB2.

We all know that we're going to draft a top QB, but it's nice to have this guy in the mix.

While I don't think he's the QB of the future I can't help but think that he's a better fit for the WCO than TT. I can't see him overtaking TT but I can see them turning to Peterman mid season if TT doesn't improve. Poise is a term thrown around loosely and is often overrated but he looks to have it. He looks like a guy that knows how to play QB. Hopefully his arm knows how to get the ball there.

and Yates's throw to end the game is why he won't be a backup. The announcers said there was a miscommunication.... It was a misread by Yates. You can't see the DB sit on the under route and have the WR make the correct adjustment and throw it right to the DB. A little loft over his head and the Bills win this game and maybe Yates could be considered as a backup while Peterman is developing. What a brain fart when his job is on the line. Gotta make that read.

and Yates's throw to end the game is why he won't be a backup. The announcers said there was a miscommunication.... It was a misread by Yates. You can't see the DB sit on the under route and have the WR make the correct adjustment and throw it right to the DB. A little loft over his head and the Bills win this game and maybe Yates could be considered as a backup while Peterman is developing. What a brain fart when his job is on the line. Gotta make that read.

And it's already obvious Peterman makes that adjustment.

I'll be the first to tell you that it's fools gold to anoint a QB in the preseason. I do like his vision, and how poised he is under pressure when the pocket starts collapsing. He's a very interesting prospect.

Agreed, that is why I suggested that it is too bad that Yates couldn't make that read to allow Peterman to remain a 3rd stringer and develop. That being said, I still think the Bills should look for another backup if possible... but as of right now, Peterman is going to be the backup and Yates is going to have a tough time holding on to his job. No way should Peterman be the starter and should only come in in case of injury or the season is obviously lost 7 or 8 games in. TT should imo be that starter at the beginning of the season no matter how he looks in preason.

Pt of History.... in the Kelly era, he would come in for a series or two run the team down the field for a touchdown or two, declare he was ready and let the rest the backups work. No way he had to play more than a series or two like TT to get his timing down. Not sure if the shorter workout schedule would effect that, but still TT looks rusty.

Nasty Nate does some nice work. Makes some good plays. My concern is with his accuracy. 52% and 50% for the first 2 games. Reading the field and all that is nice, but you gotta put the football in there consistently.

Edited by reddogblitz

How about giving some love to your starting QB instead of dissing him in every thread?

Does he (TT) or does he not deserve criticism if he played like a rookie? 6 years and he still doesn't get it.

That is from my Bills App. --- QB RAT last night TT - 12. No, that is not a typo. 8 for 18 and 2 INT's 53 yards passing. Nate 78.5 10/20 167 yds and Yates 69.6 9/15 for 83 yds.

If we run a bunch of timing plays and short drops from within the pocket, this is the Tyrod Taylor we will see during the season. But if they have him take some deeper drops, roll outs and add some zone reads I think he will be just fine. And can we please just put Miller in at guard.

That's what I've been saying since the trade. I'm with a joesixpack on this. Don't dip your toe in the water; do a cannonball.

Same.

My only gripe is that I wished they unloaded vets for the picks they got for Sammy/Darby. Unload McCoy, Wood, and K. Williams. No point in keeping those guys around if they aren't going to be around when the team is actually good. In fact those players might actually keep you from getting who you are targeting.

It makes me sick but the Jest did it right. Unload vet contracts, sign young guys and find a vet backup QB.

@TBNSports

.@bytimgraham: Tyrod Taylor wobbles in Philly, but #Bills fans should resist QB controversy urge http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/17/insta-graham-tyrod-taylor-wobbles-philly-fans-resist-qb-controversy-urge/

Lmao so draft position has to do with it now?

Tyrod went in the sixth for a reason, if we want to play that awfully weak card.

@MikeCatalana

Some day Nate Peterman might take over #Bills. But 50% passing vs backups should not get a starter benched. Cut Tyrod a break. For now.

I think he'll be here as a back-up for years to come behind the guy we Draft in the 1st next year...

And I know it's the season and all...People have to micro-analyze everything, especially the QB position...But the minute the Bills traded down and got that extra 1st the writing was on the wall...They will take a QB in 2018...It may not be the top guy...It may not even be one of the top 3 (and yes I think they are all coming out assuming they don't completely crap out this year)...But they are taking a QB...And that guy, whoever he ends up being, will be the future at QB for the Bills...Peterman will have to beat that guy out, and do so convincingly...Which is going to take a massively huge step from what we've seen of him so far... B-)