Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

He was 7th in the NFL last year in QB rating. He was 64-143 for 996 yards, with 6.96 YPA, 10 TDs and 4 INTs.https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/14/15802026/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-7th-best-qb-rating-while-under-pressure-in-2016

Come on man, those are regular season numbers against first teamers who game planned for him. We're only interested in stats for pre season games against scrubs that didn't game plan. That's what counts.

Come on man, get with the program. ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....hindsight is a beautiful thing and NOW supports your post assessment career views for both..they both flamed out and both were under lousy circumstances on the surface irrespective of their professed abilities...so now we're in the FINAL chapter to see if TT has IT under Dennison......at the same time, I do NOT subscribe with rushing the Peterman kid "to market" because we are desperate to break the playoff schneid on his back....

The real question is do you trust McBeane to know if and when the kid "ready"?

he's ready now. two preseason games is enough evidence that the kid can and will lead this team to the playoffs and further.

waste no more time, name him the starting quarterback of the buffalo bills. he will make history and have his number retired and name on the wall of fame.

finally, the bills have found their quarterback.

he's ready now. two preseason games is enough evidence that the kid can and will lead this team to the playoffs and further.

waste no more time, name him the starting quarterback of the buffalo bills. he will make history and have his number retired and name on the wall of fame.

:lol:

..after TWO pre-season games?.....your expertise has a strong scent of sarcasm...shocking............ :thumbsup: ..

https://riggosrag.com/2017/08/19/redskins-regret-passing-nathan-peterman-nfl-draft/

His stats don’t jump off the page. In two preseason games, he’s completed 23 of 45 passes for 279 yards and a touchdown, good for a 78.0 quarterback rating. But what really stands out are his traits. He has poise and awareness in the pocket, and he takes his time, displaying a patience well beyond his years. His throws, like the one seen above, have enough zip to get through the defense, but he can use dangerous touch as well, and on that throw above, he did something very hard: He used both.

Here's another team's writer's take on Peterman.

https://riggosrag.com/2017/08/19/redskins-regret-passing-nathan-peterman-nfl-draft/

His stats don’t jump off the page. In two preseason games, he’s completed 23 of 45 passes for 279 yards and a touchdown, good for a 78.0 quarterback rating. But what really stands out are his traits. He has poise and awareness in the pocket, and he takes his time, displaying a patience well beyond his years. His throws, like the one seen above, have enough zip to get through the defense, but he can use dangerous touch as well, and on that throw above, he did something very hard: He used both.

Here's another team's writer's take on Peterman.

Every time I see that throw a little voice says "taylor never makes that throw".

I trust a head coach more than I would trust a bunch of fans that just pray for something different. The coach sees this kid everyday and not just some drives in some meaningless game. He has absolutely no reason to not put the best QB on the field. McD see's and knows a lot more then we do.

lol.

Just watched Peterman's drives. He did far better than the stat line would indicate. I also liked what I saw out of Banyard, minus the fumble.

Just watched Peterman's drives. He did far better than the stat line would indicate. I also liked what I saw out of Banyard, minus the fumble.

If his receivers would stop dropping catches his completion rate would be better.

If his receivers would stop dropping catches his completion rate would be better.

Yup. I counted 3, arguably 4 of them. Then there was the shoulda-been-a TD to Jones where he failed to get his 2nd foot down.

Fans go crazy for throws like the first one shown here because the team hasn't had anything that resembles a decent passer under center in over a decade. At this stage anything remotely competent is heralded as the second coming of Kelly.

i think there is certainly a lot of that. i also think there is a large contingent of fans who came to see tyrod's limitations as a qb last year and are clamoring for a more traditional qb that operates, and feels comfortable, from the pocket. peterman does not necessarily strike many as the next big thing. but i think he does start the conversation of "could he be a competent qb that could run this offense more effectively than tyrod?"

...who gives a rat's azz which level he faced?...second string, third string or G string.......you can gauge the kid's ability to process the field FIRST AND FOREMOST.......if the 2nd, 3rd or G string does not respond, it is a statistical matter only....defensive coverage at this early stage is immaterial.....I'm more interested in his scan and reactionary prowess versus defensive coverage now..........

Amen .... last week it was all about facing the 3's ... now not good enough vs. the two's ... I like the progression of what I'm seeing ... yes he needs to work on accuracy when under pressure but I'm not regretting spending our second pick of the 5th round at this stage on Nate

At a minimum, Peterman looks like a guy who is going to stick in the league for awhile. Reads the defense and throws a nice ball. How did he fall all the way to the 5th round?

The knock on him was lack of arm strength, which looks fine. I think the draft pundits way undervalued his ability process the game in action.

This guy should have been a 2 or 3 rd pick, I think the Bills may have found the steal of the 2017 draft.

He will supplant Tyrod as starter sooner than later, you watch.

Edited by old school

The knock on him was lack of arm strength, which looks fine. I think the draft pundits way undervalued his ability process the game in action.

This guy should have been a 2 or 3 rd pick, I think the Bills may have found the steal of the 2017 draft.

He will supplant Tyrod as starter sooner than later, you watch.

We actually agree on something. I thought he was going to be the gem of this draft. he may be better than TT,, but basing it on a preseason game is way too soon for this thinking.

We actually agree on something. I thought he was going to be the gem of this draft. he may be better than TT,, but basing it on a preseason game is way too soon for this thinking.

OK so, if he continues to progress, when is the timing right? Game one, the bye, next year, wait on taylor to get injured; this ain't going to be pretty no matter when it happens.

OK so, if he continues to progress, when is the timing right? Game one, the bye, next year, wait on taylor to get injured; this ain't going to be pretty no matter when it happens.

NP is going to or already is better than TT, when does the switch happen is the question.

NP is going to or already is better than TT, when does the switch happen is the question.

If what you say is true then the coach would have already made the switch. He has no reason not to. What you got is some preseason delusion. Peterman looked solid, but to think he is already better than Tyrod over a few good passes during preseason against weaker defenses is pretty silly.

If what you say is true then the coach would have already made the switch. He has no reason not to. What you got is some preseason delusion. Peterman looked solid, but to think he is already better than Tyrod over a few good passes during preseason against weaker defenses is pretty silly.

How's life inside that bubble?

http://youtu.be/aKduBp70kJg

Peterman had a few really good throws in this package. In particular the pass OTM to O'Leary and the sideline back shoulder completion to Zay. The last throw to Streater wasn't among them IMO. Should have been a pick.

Agree. Also, the throw he made to Jones, in the corner of the endzone, at the end of the first half was another good throw. It was an incompletion; however, IMHO, it was placed exactly where it should have been and Jones should have gotten both feet down for a touchdown.

And what bubble would that be? Can you give me any good reason the coach would not put the best QB on the field? Maybe perhaps inside your bubble you are smarter than the coach.

So his confidence doesn't get ruined.

The whole team is learning new systems under new coaching. Peterman has a much better chance to succeed when the team itself is hitting on all cylinders IMO.

2018 QB.

...the table has been set.......2017 is TT's "make it or break it" year........regardless, you draft one, continue to groom Peterman and you now have some flexibility regarding TT in 2018......this may be a tell tale sign as to what may happen...

Tyrod Taylor 2018 Roster Bonus: $6M (due the 3rd league day of 2018, $1M fully guaranteed at signing)

The whole team is learning new systems under new coaching. Peterman has a much better chance to succeed when the team itself is hitting on all cylinders IMO.

Maybe the catalyst for hitting on all cylinders is having Peterman at QB.

This is a good point, Fig, that I think a lot of people forget about...we are in the midst of rebuilding several different position groups on this team.

I don't buy into confidence getting ruined. He either mentally has it or he doesn't. He looks pretty darn calm out there so I doubt throwing ints or looking bad is going to ruin him.

​The poster said he is better than Tyrod already or will be. I don't contest that he may be someday. To think he is already better is ludicrous. He may be better at some things or even certain throws. That doesn't make him a better QB overall. My actual point is that if the coach felt he was a better QB than Tyrod he would put him in. There is no reason not to.