Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

This is a good point...Sal C keeps arguing on WGR that Tyrod gives us the best chance to win, but I'm not so sure.

If the offense fits everything that Peterman is good at and nothing that Tyrod is good at, does Taylor really give the Bills the best chance to win?

Sure, Tyrod is the most experienced QB between the two, but he can't read defenses, can't anticipate receivers, can't throw the seam route, can't throw from the pocket, etc, etc...all these things are REQUIRED by this offense...and this might be why the rookie looks like the vet and vice versa imo.

And just think, this is just the tip of the iceberg for Peterman...just wait til he really gets a handle on the offense and all the looks on D...it's weird to say, but we really haven't had a QB this polished in a long time and he is just starting his career.

crazy right

We already know Petermans accuracy is off the charts.

The victory over Clemson was no fluke...

Edited by Figster

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched the full game.

Peterman makes some pro throws that we haven't seen in a while:

Seam to O' Leary

Back Shoulder throw!!!!! Haven't seen that from a Bills QB since ? I literally can't remember.

Pass To Zay Jones that was also a sweet hands catch and control through the fall.

Finally, the Fade to Jones again. Jones will get coached up on stretching but still a sweet pass.

Yes, he missed some but again, POTENTIAL.

Also, he is decisive.

Like me some Peterman. Like to see him get a series with the ones.

Finally watched the full game.

Peterman makes some pro throws that we haven't seen in a while:

Seam to O' Leary

Back Shoulder throw!!!!! Haven't seen that from a Bills QB since ? I literally can't remember.

Pass To Zay Jones that was also a sweet hands catch and control through the fall.

Finally, the Fade to Jones again. Jones will get coached up on stretching but still a sweet pass.

Yes, he missed some but again, POTENTIAL.

Also, he is decisive.

Like me some Peterman. Like to see him get a series with the ones.

Someone missed last season's Seattle and Miami (at home) games. Tyrod doesn't make these throws enough that's for certain.

Someone missed last season's Seattle and Miami (at home) games. Tyrod doesn't make these throws enough that's for certain.

Couldn't stomach it. Had to cancel the Sunday ticket. First time since Jerkron's third season.

Went to one of the local Bill's backers bars in NC and watched the first, Miami , and last game.

Glad I canceled.

I Agree 100%,

I hope Taylor plays well enough to give Peterman a season to learn.

Would like to see him in by the bye week. Would be perfect not to waste high draft capitol if we don't have to next year. Get another QB, maybe in the 2nd round, but let's load up on areas of need. build the winner.

I hope they put Peterman in so I can laugh at this board when they want to trade him for a 7th round pick. I used to think there was some real insight here. In the last 5 years this has turned into fox news comment section.

Way to follow your own advise.

@RobQuinn619

Peterman showed great touch and took what defense gave him. 'Big' plays were both WR. Zay sideline/feet inbounds. Streater adjust.

He looked comfortable and got rid of the ball. But also wasn't pressured nearly as much, and when he was, shut down. Can he grow? sure.

But he played 1 series vs PHI 1's. Calling for him to start is laughable. If TT melts down 5-6 gm in yr, sure why not. 2 preseason gm? nah

I Agree 100%,

I hope Taylor plays well enough to give Peterman a season to learn.

...GREAT point 'Fig......let the kid grow into the position versus thrown to the wolves........rather have him build his confidence over time versus destroying him prematurely............

...GREAT point 'Fig......let the kid grow into the position versus thrown to the wolves........rather have him build his confidence over time versus destroying him prematurely............

Could not agree more :thumbsup:

He was playing against back ups in a vanilla system. He may be decent, but yesterday James Lofton on the Blitz made a good point that Dennison is forcing TT to stay in the pocket, focus on quick releases and working the middle. He did that pretty well. In week 1. He expects Dennison to have a ton of designed roll out plays which places pressure on opposing LB's especially if Shady is out side of him so he can pitch it, run it, or throw to Clay, Bolton, or Jones.

Too early to tell on TT. If TT sucks in the first four games, I'm fine with a change, but give him a chance while Peterson learns how to make adjustments, read shifts in defense and can call audibles.

He'll need at least 4-6 games to learn those things.

He was playing against back ups in a vanilla system. He may be decent, but yesterday James Lofton on the Blitz made a good point that Dennison is forcing TT to stay in the pocket, focus on quick releases and working the middle. He did that pretty well. In week 1. He expects Dennison to have a ton of designed roll out plays which places pressure on opposing LB's especially if Shady is out side of him so he can pitch it, run it, or throw to Clay, Bolton, or Jones.

Too early to tell on TT. If TT sucks in the first four games, I'm fine with a change, but give him a chance while Peterson learns how to make adjustments, read shifts in defense and can call audibles.

He'll need at least 4-6 games to learn those things.

Peterman was making anticipatory throws from the pocket( O' Leary around linebacker) that TT is still trying to learn.?

While not TT's wheels, Peterman can scramble and throw on the run.

Honest question: What is going to tick off the Vets worse; starting a rookie or yanking TT and putting one in?

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Starting right away did not destroy Manning bros, Stafford, Winston, Mariota, Wilson, Carr, Luck, Ryan, Newton, Prescott, Roethlisberger confidence of recent guys thrown to the wolves right away.

As of right now what does Taylor do better than Peterman? Deep ball, scramble, ok, other than that what else? The fricking guy has played, what maybe 3 quarters and he is already better than a 7 year vet. I don't want to hear this crap about not playing against 1's or with scrubs etc, he sees the field, knows where to throw the ball, reads defense pre snap and way more than Taylor seems to understand the position of QB.

Taylor is taking this team nowhere, he's not going to be here next year so what's the point. Why draft Peterman and not see what he has if a 1st round QB is their goal in 2018? That's a wasted pick. If winning is the goal Taylor does not give this team the best opportunity to win now ,imo.

We shall see if coach stands true to his word and start his best 11 on offense or if his words are hollow.

Starting right away did not destroy Manning bros, Stafford, Winston, Mariota, Wilson, Carr, Luck, Ryan, Newton, Prescott, Roethlisberger confidence of recent guys thrown to the wolves right away.

100% agree. In today's NFL I am a big believer in starting a rookie QB day one if that is an option. With Taylor being here I'm not sure it is for us. But it could be possibly. Today's young QB's pretty much either have it and show it from the word go or they don't.

Apples to apples Chilly.

Was the offense different from QTR 1 and 3 or 4?

Yup. Personnel was completely different for both teams. And that leads to a difference in play calling and things the teams are working on. Edited by Chilly

Petermans stats are not horrible looking at the big picture

Different personnel. Let's be clear.

A different defense, let's be clear, that wasn't blitzing nearly as much. And when Peterman was pressured he was bad. Much like Tyrod was when he was pressured, which was more often than Peterman.

So .... the Bills backups are better than the other teams backups?

A different defense, let's be clear, that wasn't blitzing nearly as much. And when Peterman was pressured he was bad. Much like Tyrod was when he was pressured, which was more often than Peterman.

Ok. They both sucked. Let's go with that.

So .... the Bills backups are better than the other teams backups?

Ok. They both sucked. Let's go with that.

Against pressure, yes. But when Peterman had a clean look he showed command and some nice throws. He had some pretty bad throws too, against no pressure.

Edited by Wayne Cubed