Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People...

Pump the brakes on all this Peterman as the starter talk.

Right now, he's a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.2 while playing against backups in the preseason--yes, he produced 1 TD. Hooray.

For reference, last offseason, Cardale Jones was a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.1 while playing against backups in the preseasons--he also produced 1 TD.

I'll continue to say it: if Peterman can develop into a solid NFL backup QB, we should be very happy with that result stemming from a 5th round pick...but him seeing the field with the 1's during the regular season is quite terrifying at this point.

Not pumping any brakes, Tyrod sucks.

50% in preseason doesn't matter, right, because when it's brought up that Tyrod has looked terrible, it's said it's only preseason and preseason doesn't count.

Tyrod stinks get him the hell off my team.

I don't recall how Cardale did last year, but I noticed a lot of dropped passes with Peterman that would've pushed his percentage and touchdown total higher.

Peterman looks much better than Cardale did at this point. That is for sure.

Still needs to put things together mentally. I'm definitely in the camp that wants to see him on the bench for a year and then compete with the rookie next year.

50% in preseason doesn't matter, right, because when it's brought up that Tyrod has looked terrible, it's said it's only preseason and preseason doesn't count.

It's not your team.

And Tyrod is better.

Somebody woke up feeling poopy this morning. :lol::lol::lol:

Mom ran out of Lucky Charms and made you eat Bran flakes this morning?

:wallbash:

Just for kicks - 3 of the lowest 4 QB ratings in the preseason so far belong to Cardale. Tyrod & Fitz :)

If you don't let facts and basic football knowledge get in the way, then his posting is just fine.

your agenda sucks. why don't you repeat it another 500 times.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I don't recall how Cardale did last year, but I noticed a lot of dropped passes with Peterman that would've pushed his percentage and touchdown total higher.

Perhaps...but to me, he looks like a guy that's a ways off--which is all I'm really saying.

Don't be surprised if by the last third of the season when the Bills are predictably out of playoff contention that HC will be replacing TT as a starter. It won't be because Peterman is an elite prospect but because the staff knows what they have in TT and they then want to get a more extensive view of Peterman and his capabilities. There might be a secondary not publicly acknowledged reason that they wouldn't be too upset in maintaining its better draft position.

There would not be anything sinister or inappropriate about playing younger players as the season winds down for non-playoff teams. It happens all the time. It is a smart approach to take when assessing what you have on the roster.

I wouldn't have a real problem with that unless he was in the same situation as Jones last year--where he's simply not ready, and throwing him into the fire would do more harm than good (which is where I believe he is now).

1. No, Tyrod doesn't suck. Not by any metric that you can find...but feel free to show me why with more than just your opinion.

2. Don't attribute made-up arguments to me. You've never seen me say that Tyrod hasn't looked lousy this preseason, or that it doesn't matter because it's preseason. Debate the actual point being made as opposed to simply tossing out straw men to suit your fancy.

3. It makes less than zero sense to get rid of a QB that's had a record of 15-14 and lead an offense that ranked 7th in points scored last season (save for after the EJ debacle in Week 17) because you simply don't like the guy. I don't think there's anyone on this board that believes he's great, or even capable of winning in the playoffs; he's simply the best that this team is going to do for 2017.

Edited by thebandit27

Perhaps...but to me, he looks like a guy that's a ways off--which is all I'm really saying.

I wouldn't have a real problem with that unless he was in the same situation as Jones last year--where he's simply not ready, and throwing him into the fire would do more harm than good (which is where I believe he is now).

1. No, Tyrod doesn't suck. Not by any metric that you can find...but feel free to show me why with more than just your opinion.

2. Don't attribute made-up arguments to me. You've never seen me say that Tyrod hasn't looked lousy this preseason, or that it doesn't matter because it's preseason. Debate the actual point being made as opposed to simply tossing out straw men to suit your fancy.

3. It makes less than zero sense to get rid of a QB that's had a record of 15-14 and lead an offense that ranked 7th in points scored last season (save for after the EJ debacle in Week 17) because you simply don't like the guy. I don't think there's anyone on this board that believes he's great, or even capable of winning in the playoffs; he's simply the best that this team is going to do for 2017.

And after two preseason games we know this how?

Know what? I said that I don't think there's anyone on the board that believes that Tyrod is great or even win-in-the-playoffs caliber. What did I claim to know?

Or are you referring to the idea that he's the best that the team is going to do for 2017? Yes, that's basically a known quantity. Peterman is a rookie that is completing 50% of his passes against backups and 3rd stringers. If you somehow believe that makes him better than the 7-year vet that's been 15-14 as a starter in the last 2 years, well, I think the onus is on you to prove your point rather than on me to prove mine. No?

You don't have to have to watch him play in this year's preseason games to determine the caliber of qb he is. It's not a knock on him to recognize what he can do and can't do as a qb. He has had two years of starting with little elevation of his game. He is what he is: An adequate bridge qb. We are fortunate to have him in the short run but need to do better in the long run.

Edited by JohnC

Know what? I said that I don't think there's anyone on the board that believes that Tyrod is great or even win-in-the-playoffs caliber. What did I claim to know?

Or are you referring to the idea that he's the best that the team is going to do for 2017? Yes, that's basically a known quantity. Peterman is a rookie that is completing 50% of his passes against backups and 3rd stringers. If you somehow believe that makes him better than the 7-year vet that's been 15-14 as a starter in the last 2 years, well, I think the onus is on you to prove your point rather than on me to prove mine. No?

I firmly don't believe that TT is a caliber starting qb. But that doesn't mean that he can't carve out a long term and lucrative back up roll in this league. There is a useful role for him in this league. Fitz has parlayed his limited skills into a wealthy career that is still going on. TT is better in some respects and not so in other respects. If he is as smart as I think he is he can have had a career when it is finished in which he is financially set for the rest of his life.

I firmly don't believe that TT is a caliber starting qb. But that doesn't mean that he can't carve out a long term and lucrative back up roll in this league. There is a useful role for him in this league. Fitz has parlayed his limited skills into a wealthy career that is still going on. TT is better in some respects and not so in other respects. If he is as smart as I think he is he can have had a career when it is finished in which he is financially set for the rest of his life.

I think the best definition of TT is low end starter and excellent backup. We've had worse.

People...

Pump the brakes on all this Peterman as the starter talk.

Right now, he's a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.2 while playing against backups in the preseason--yes, he produced 1 TD. Hooray.

For reference, last offseason, Cardale Jones was a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.1 while playing against backups in the preseasons--he also produced 1 TD.

I'll continue to say it: if Peterman can develop into a solid NFL backup QB, we should be very happy with that result stemming from a 5th round pick...but him seeing the field with the 1's during the regular season is quite terrifying at this point.

Stats don't matter in preseason He passes the Eye Test (sarc)

I'll only comment on Peterman and not other QB's current or former.

When "not pressured" by an full on blitz he's @ 75% completion rate. The preseason blitzing is more than we usually see in vanilla packages.

trying to play nice I didn't go there. (fully)

I said I didn't want to do it but in 2017 preseason what is TT completion %, then with and w/o pressure?

Last I looked TT was @ 52% or close too it.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

This is an honest question - had Drew Bledsoe not have gotten his lung collapsed, would Tom Brady have ever gotten the opportunity to show the world what he can do? Perhaps he would have, but it wouldn't be the Cinderella story it has become. That said, who is to say Peterman can't surprise us similarly? I guess I am saying, who is to say it is not possible? I don't think T-Mobile is getting traded, but an injury to his playing style is quite possible....and then we may see.... BTW - With all those picks, I still take a QB high, that's draft capital that has value.

This is an honest question - had Drew Bledsoe not have gotten his lung collapsed, would Tom Brady have ever gotten the opportunity to show the world what he can do? Perhaps he would have, but it wouldn't be the Cinderella story it has become. That said, who is to say Peterman can't surprise us similarly? I guess I am saying, who is to say it is not possible? I don't think T-Mobile is getting traded, but an injury to his playing style is quite possible....and then we may see.... BTW - With all those picks, I still take a QB high, that's draft capital that has value.

yeah, I would definitely compare brady's situation to peterman.

can't say it is possible anymore than it is not but the probability is very unlikely.

I said I didn't want to do it but in 2017 preseason what is TT completion %, then with and w/o pressure?

Last I looked TT was @ 52% or close too it.

Does it make more sense to judge what a 6-year vet can do in the NFL based on what he's done over the course of 2 regular seasons as a starter, or based on what he's done in 2 quarters of a preseason?

what's funny is you all defend Tie Rod like he is a perennial All-Star/Playoff winning QB.

Ok, Fancy stats. Where was our Passing game ranked? How many playoff games has our stud QB won? hmmmmmmm. The stats below are what count. Can't wait for the "we lead the league in rushing" argument. That is because our QB lacks the ability to stand in the pocket, read a defense, or make short to intermediate passes. He is a one trick pony that should have converted to WR.

Our passing game was ranked 30th....30th......

30 Buffalo 474 286 60.3 3036 6.9 84 17 7 46 214 86.7

Edited by DirtDart

Still needs to put things together mentally. I'm definitely in the camp that wants to see him on the bench for a year and then compete with the rookie next year.

It's not your team.

And Tyrod is better.

Name 5 things Tyrod does better?

I'll give you scramble/running and long ball.

Ok, Fancy stats. Where was our Passing game ranked? How many playoff games has our stud QB won? hmmmmmmm.

Cute.

I suspect you know this, but the passing game ranked 30th in YPG...which is pretty common when you throw the ball less than every other team in the NFL for 2 consecutive years. How does this debunk the notion that Tyrod is the best option from the current players on the roster for this team in 2017? FYI, they also ranked 20th in YPA, 19th in passer rating, and 22nd in completion percentage.

Guess which of those numbers matters more than points scored? I suspect you know the answer to this as well.

And again I'll ask: what makes you think that Peterman is a better option for this team in 2017? Furthermore, where did I say that Tyrod is a stud? Actually, I'll ask you to do me a favor: take a step back from slinging mud, read what I actually said, and then tell me where you disagree with me.

Thanks.

:wallbash:

Glad all the clowns could make it today.

Name 5 things Tyrod does better?

I'll give you scramble/running and long ball.

Tell you what: name 5 things that Peterman has proven he can do better than Tyrod at the NFL level.

State a fact that supports your argument...so far, you've managed to buttress your opinion with another helping of opinion.

Last season the Bill's offense was #10 , average 24.9 pts a game. The ryan defense was the problem. Taylor is a bridge QB

I'll also add that they were actually 7th in ppg and had the fewest turnovers in the league before EJ took the reins in week 17.

Edited by thebandit27

did I call you any names? no. just called you out on your agenda.

but hey, you're a real swell sort so I'll over look your childish name calling.

carry on.

what's funny is you all defend Tie Rod like he is a perennial All-Star/Playoff winning QB.

shows how much you pay attention before you post. I have never "defended" him. I have always realized he is the best they have until otherwise. what I do however, is call out the idiotic agendas that are spewed all over the board.

carry on.

did I call you any names? no. just called you out on your agenda.

but hey, you're a real swell sort so I'll over look your childish name calling.

carry on.

shows how much you pay attention before you post. I have never "defended" him. I have always realized he is the best they have until otherwise. what I do however, is call out the idiotic agendas that are spewed all over the board.

carry on.

You want to be a sarcastic ass towards me, i'll be one back. If you can't handle it don't do it in the first place.

Speaking of a agenda and repeating yourself 500+ times in threads, go look at any Tyrod thread and you will see DaBillsfan with his agenda to prop Tyrod up as a franchise worthy QB while trashing on all negative comments.

Your opinion is NOT fact.

Remember everyone has a opinion and everyone has a right to post it, you don't like it tough.

You want to be a sarcastic ass towards me, i'll be one back. If you can't handle it don't do it in the first place.

Let it go man don't stoop to his level, you are one of many that have fought with him. It's not worth it.

Tell you what: name 5 things that Peterman has proven he can do better than Tyrod at the NFL level.

Ahh yes, change it around because you can't answer the question.

Seems to be a theme with you. Maybe if you backed up any of your absurd exaggerations in some way you'd get it less?

oh look another sarcastic ass!

Speaking of a agenda and repeating yourself 500+ times in threads, go look at any Tyrod thread and you will see DaBillsfan with his agenda to prop Tyrod up as a franchise worthy QB while trashing on all negative comments.

Your opinion is NOT fact.

Remember everyone has a opinion and everyone has a right to post it, you don't like it tough.

you're wrong I have never propped him up and obviously you can't read, that's not surprising though.

carry on master agenda "right on man".

not be able to handle the likes of you, that in itself is funny. don't give yourself so much credit, when it isn't due.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Ahh yes, change it around because you can't answer the question.

Good grief, do you really not understand the point of my reply?

It is tantamount to absurdity to ask what a player that has proven himself to be a mediocre NFL starter does better than a rookie 5th-round pick that has never started so much as a preseason game.

That was my point. I'm sorry that I didn't make it clearer from the get-go; I assumed you'd pick up on it.

If you really want to play this game, then here are 5 things Tyrod does better than Peterman:

- He is a better runner; Peterman has never shown that skill

- He throws an excellent deep ball; Peterman has not shown that skill in his brief preseason appearances

- He is more accurate--as evidenced by both a higher comp % in this preseason, as well as by a higher comp % against NFL competition in 2016 than Peterman had playing in the ACC

- He has better ball security--he had the fewest turnovers among starting QBs in the NFL last year. Peterman turned the ball over more times in 13 college games last year.

- He has a better familiarity with this offense having worked with Rick Dennison; Peterman is completely new to it

I played your game, so now it's your move. Name 5 things that Peterman has shown--even in the preseason against backups and 3rd stringers--that he does better than Taylor.

Peterman isn't ready to start on Sept 10. It was plain by watching the All 22 of the Eagles game

Watching the all 22 shows Tyrod isn't ready to start Sept.10 Edited by xRUSHx