A simple question for the media who frequent this board

GRHater69

Please explain me to me why you spend so much time on all this silly gossip about who said what and that the organization is dysfunctional etc. when the team has identified two potential coaching candidates and plans to interview them, one today and one this weekend and yet you have given us as Bills fans ZERO info on either of these two coaches. Isn't that part of your job as well??? What talents do these guys potentially bring to the table? Why should we as fans be excited or not about them possibly leading the team? In other words, Why aren't you doing your job and informing us instead of all this click-bait BS over and over again?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain me to me why you spend so much time on all this silly gossip about who said what and that the organization is dysfunctional etc. when the team has identified two potential coaching candidates and plans to interview them, one today and one this weekend and yet you have given us as Bills fans ZERO info on either of these two coaches. Isn't that part of your job as well??? What talents do these guys potentially bring to the table? Why should we as fans be excited or not about them possibly leading the team? In other words, Why aren't you doing your job and informing us instead of all this click-bait BS over and over again?

Real news reporting doesn't exist and doesn't get clicks online like gossip does.

because this is what reporting has become

Media has become all about who is first to break the news on Twitter and who has the click bait that's going to generate the hits. There's no time for well thought out and researched editorials anymore. Everyone is on a deadline and the deadline is 5 min ago because Adam Schefter already got a text with some nonsense from an unnamed source and he's "breaking the story" on Twitter

Media has become all about who is first to break the news on Twitter and who has the click bait that's going to generate the hits. There's no time for well thought out and researched editorials anymore. Everyone is on a deadline and the deadline is 5 min ago because Adam Schefter already got a text with some nonsense from an unnamed source and he's "breaking the story" on Twitter

Then it gets even better. Schefy hears that Jay Glazer is reporting that Job Blow has been fired. Then ESPN runs a story the ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that Joe Blow has been fired. Meanwhile Glazer is never given credit. Last year Glazer when after them and said "my mother didn't name me unnamed sources ESPN!"

The person (Jerry Sullivan) who called this team dysfunctional is a columnist not a reporter per se. Also in today's day and age click bait is here to stay as it brings people to sites/buy news papers which all print media can do to compete with streaming media.

Then it gets even better. Schefy hears that Jay Glazer is reporting that Job Blow has been fired. Then ESPN runs a story the ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that Joe Blow has been fired. Meanwhile Glazer is never given credit. Last year Glazer when after them and said "my mother didn't name me unnamed sources ESPN!"

Or what's even worse if they cite "sources say" and then add some extra personal spin that someone else picks up as news when it's not but just regurgitating someone elses opinion, see that recent Lupica story that called the Bills dysfunctional after talking to his buddy Jerry Sullivan.

The media tries to create "noise", it is what gets attention. It has always probably been the case, but it is also trending towards more and more noise. That doesn't make it right or wrong. It is what it is. The problem for us, as consumers, is finding our way through that noise. Unfortunately, people have a tendency to hear things, and it confirms either their preconceived notions or opinions.

AP reports facts, probably best to stick to reading them. Everyone else is just concerned with "hot takes". As long as people are sitting down and watching Skip Bayless spew his nonsense and engaging in twitter feuds with TBN, this will not change.

The media tries to create "noise", it is what gets attention. It has always probably been the case, but it is also trending towards more and more noise. That doesn't make it right or wrong. It is what it is. The problem for us, as consumers, is finding our way through that noise. Unfortunately, people have a tendency to hear things, and it confirms either their preconceived notions or opinions.

And that noise becomes the focal point that people debate. Here we are mired in press conferences while there is a coaching search in progress.

Except, the reporters who write the thoughtful and well crafted articles seem to be the one who get (what seem to be) the plummier jobs out of town - Wawrow, Ty Dunne?

Except, the reporters who write the thoughtful and well crafted articles seem to be the one who get (what seem to be) the plummier jobs out of town - Wawrow, Ty Dunne?

Ty Dunne was too good for Buffalo. He just happens to be from here so he took a local gig for a short time but now he's back on the path to bigger and better things. We are left with the cracker jack squad of local sports reporters that get outscooped by Adam Schefters cell phone on a daily basis

Ty Dunne was too good for Buffalo. He just happens to be from here so he took a local gig for a short time but now he's back on the path to bigger and better things. We are left with the cracker jack squad of local sports reporters that get outscooped by Adam Schefters cell phone on a daily basis

if you say so.

jw

Right on. I just made a post about the exact same thing. I'm done with all the TMZ bull ****.

Why do people act so outraged at what the media has become? Do any other teams message boards go to such lengths to discuss media members? I'm not in the Buffalo market but we also have our share of local antagonists but no one seems to care. With the Bills and TBN it seems fans focus way to much on their relationship or lack of one.

This is modern day media/journalism... Instant reactions stirring fans emotions and generating clicks. Move on.

Normally don't watch John Oliver but he hits the nail on the head here. Real reporting is soon going to be a lost art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2_wSsDwkQ

pot calling kettle black because the whole john oliver/john stewart type of media was so hysteric that it was nothing close to news. it was the stephen a smiff of news...

I know Ive said it before, but I'll gladly say it again. Thank you, and kudos to you, sir.

you could thank him in person if you ever came back to the bills tailgate! he has stopped by the last 3 tbdahot... i think it has to do with moonshine or liquor or something...oh, and Lori.

"So much for Objective Journalism. Don't bother to look for it here--not under any byline of mine; or anyone else I can think of. With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72

I guess the only solution is for local media to staff their outlets with complete homers who won't ever ask a tough question and fawn over the personalities responsible for the mess at OBD.

Plenty of NFL franchises are restricting access by funneling content through their websites and media partners. They have a right to do so. At the same time, tightening their grip on all team news will only elicit more questions when everything goes wrong. As in, when leaks are coming from OBD and the GM denies he had any opinion on the HC the leaks focused on.

I get that some fans don't want their team criticized and expect the media to give the team a pass even though they've gone a generation without making the playoffs. It's not reality. Just like demanding media just give in to the team because it's "the team."

Edited by BillsVet

first of all they are doing BOTH news & so called rumor/gossip

"Coach X" bio gets alot less page hits and follow ups in the comment section.

dysfunction/conspiracy/rumor articles generate more "theories", page hits (ad revenue) and comments (reader interest) which is one way that indicates to the news what readers want.

sometimes you do get what you ask for.

JW is very good and talented and works at the truth, the facts and just not opinion, the only guy I pay attention to. Class reporter and I have never met him.

Ty on the other had just repeats what others report and rarely gets new information. Just because he is local guy doesn't change his style.

I don't think the negatives were being directed at you. You're an AP guy.

Also, what do you have against Ty Dunne?

JW is very good and talented and works at the truth, the facts and just not opinion, the only guy I pay attention to. Class reporter and I have never met him.

Ty on the other had just repeats what others report and rarely gets new information. Just because he is local guy doesn't change his style.

I thought ty wrote a really nice exclusive interview story a few years ago about Watkins. Mike rodent then took out of context quotes from it to form click-bait headlines that painted Sammy in a poor light. That's today's media vs. real media in a nutshell. Edited by dneveu

I guess the only solution is for local media to staff their outlets with complete homers who won't ever ask a tough question and fawn over the personalities responsible for the mess at OBD.

Plenty of NFL franchises are restricting access by funneling content through their websites and media partners. They have a right to do so. At the same time, tightening their grip on all team news will only elicit more questions when everything goes wrong. As in, when leaks are coming from OBD and the GM denies he had any opinion on the HC the leaks focused on.

I get that some fans don't want their team criticized and expect the media to give the team a pass even though they've gone a generation without making the playoffs. It's not reality. Just like demanding media just give in to the team because it's "the team."

Not at all what we want, as Murph and Chris Brown get just as much flack.

Why is it bad to want a higher standard of professionalism like JW and Tyler Dunne are able to provide? It can be done.

Not at all what we want, as Murph and Chris Brown get just as much flack.

Why is it bad to want a higher standard of professionalism like JW and Tyler Dunne are able to provide? It can be done.

Define a higher standard of professionalism.

Sounds to me like some fans want local and national NFL coverage of their favorite team to not interfere with their worldview that things aren't that bad at OBD.

Define a higher standard of professionalism.

Sounds to me like some fans want local and national NFL coverage of their favorite team to not interfere with their worldview that things aren't that bad at OBD.

If you want it defined, read any/all of JW's reports, then read any Sully or Bucky or Vic report.

I'm sure it sounds like that to you since you love to deal in extremes, but the reality is, most of us simply want logical, factual reporting without all the hyperbole, click bait, anonymous sources, and middle school gossip. I dont need the soap opera the 24/7 media is manufacturing.

There is plenty to criticize about the team and organization. It can be done well, or it can be done by a bunch of poop slinging monkeys.