Marty Schottenheimer Diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease

Always thought you should have returned to The Bills as their Head Coach at some time.

Ralph had a major issue with Marty. God Ralph was an awful football man.

Marty was great at turning around moribund franchises........Browns, Chiefs, Chargers......even did a great job in that one year with the Redskins before Snyder stupidly fired him so he could get Spurrier.

One of the best coaches never to win a Superbowl. You faced a Martyball team you knew you were in for a fight.

I have two grandparents (separate sides of the family) with the condition. It rips the soul from a person. It is a cruel, cruel disease.

I will always remember the Football Life episode where he described resigning from the Chiefs as the worst decision he ever made through clear pain and tears.

Good luck Marty.

Oh, man, that's a shame.

There are times he would have been a terrific coach for the Bills, much better than the guys we went with.

A terrible thing to hear about anybody, much less a fine coach and man like Marty.

Edited by Thurman#1

Sad to hear this, I'm an original 1960 era Bills fan, Marty played for the Bills 1965-1968.

Had a reputation as a ferocious tackler, was the fourth linebacker on a great 1965 Bills team/defense that I always wished had gotten a shot at the Pack, who had trouble scoring against a mediocre Cleveland Defense in the NFL Championship.

Two teams were very evenly matched, and both had great depth.

Wonder if his hard hitting in any way led to this latest challenge.

In that 1965 Championship Game, the Bills, east coast team traveling to the Left Coast, hung a donut on the top seeded Chargers.

There is an ALZ epidemic happening. Why??

It has struck my family as well.

Check and see if those people you know who have been diagnosed are currently and/or in the past have been taking statins.

The only people who really benefit at all from statins(and its very slight) are middle aged men with prior/current heart disease.

The studies show zero effect for all other groups.

Don't take my word for it.Read the actual studies.If you have a decent science/math background you should be able to understand the study results/statistics.

LDLs play a very vital role in the body's physiological/chemical functions. The branding of LDLs as 'BAD CHOLESTEROL' is a marketing scam.