Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@markpoloncarz

Mark Poloncarz retweeted Buffalo Bills

As a season ticket holder and fan my personal opinion is this pickup is embarrassing. We can do better

I laugh at this sentiment. .... i just laugh. We all want winners right? Robert Woods just got into it with Gilmore. Let's cut them. Newton with that CB. Toast. ... did anyone watch hard knocks last night? Deandre and the whole redskins team jawing? Then the big brawl.it's football, the most violent game outside of MMA. why not want the guys who will rip someone's head off and **** down their necks. Anyone who doesn't want to see that, how much do you want for your season tickets?

I laugh at this sentiment. .... i just laugh. We all want winners right? Robert Woods just got into it with Gilmore. Let's cut them. Newton with that CB. Toast. ... did anyone watch hard knocks last night? Deandre and the whole redskins team jawing? Then the big brawl.it's football, the most violent game outside of MMA. why not want the guys who will rip someone's head off and **** down their necks. Anyone who doesn't want to see that, how much do you want for your season tickets?

So, to be clear, if IK makes the play to win the Super Bowl Poloncarz won't give him a hug on the dais. Got it. I'm sure the career shill will pass on the photo op.

And FWIW, the "as a season ticket holder" line pisses me off. I was a season ticket holder as a teenager. I don't recall the Bills asking me what my opinion was on keeping Scott Norwood or signing Reggie Rogers or anything else for that matter.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

This is a bad pickup. Even if he makes the roster, he is virtually guaranteed to be suspended. If it was a real position of need, it might be worth a shot, but this is really not a move that clearly benefits the team in any way. It probably will not have a huge downside, but more likely just fizzle and be a distraction. I have a bad feeling about Rex's coaching abilities and judgement.

This is a bad pickup. Even if he makes the roster, he is virtually guaranteed to be suspended. If it was a real position of need, it might be worth a shot, but this is really not a move that clearly benefits the team in any way. It probably will not have a huge downside, but more likely just fizzle and be a distraction. I have a bad feeling about Rex's coaching abilities and judgement.

Why would he be suspended?

There's plenty of room off the train - so, hop off

And that would come down before the season starts so he goes on the suspended/exempt list and doesn't take a roster spot until he comes back from the suspension which I highly doubt he gets. Just like Marcell Dareus...and Tom Brady...

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

The distraction will be over in a week or less. News becomes olds fast nowadays.

From the sound of it, he was looking like a promising pass rusher for the Jets and those are valuable.

Injuries happen and he is young, cheap, knows the system and may be able to be stashed away on PS or just by being suspended........and then he may become useful later this season.

Hopefully Cassel owes him $600.00.

We have a winner! Doubly so if EJ owes him lunch or something. Incognito? Well, it made me a little embarrassed to be a Bills fan, but I got over it pretty fast. Signing this piece of crap just tells me that Rex and the Bills have moved into laughingstock territory. Rex is the Trump of football.

Rex is still enjoying daily his honeymoon period with the Bills. Like Levy he comes into town with a career winning percentage below .500. he has a lot to prove, he is a personality and the bills do now get national recognition because of his hiring. myself I give him the benefit of doubt here. i want to see him win. i never liked the Maroon hire but go back and see the people here drooling over the young " inovative" mind he was. Some of the same posters crap on him now daily. Quite Amusing. Any doubters were immediately labeled trolls. A Word that many here have really over used.

The signing today has IMO a tinge of political payback although Rex denied it in his interview. But in Rex's style it got a LOT of press. Not all of it positive. But certainly El Pagul,who signed off on it, Whaley Rex,etc. all knew this would occur.

The Harvin signing is just as weird IMO,since although we can use him. he probably is just a one year rental. I think someone will melt down in the locker room this season. my $$ is on Percy. That said Rex is the man now. and it's time for him to kick some ass quarterback situation aside. That position mess is none of his doing. Expect him to put his best players on the field, and not play games like the last moron here. I hope this next few seasons both the FO and Rex figure it all out. The AFC could be the Bils if they get a QB next year.

Rex is still enjoying daily his honeymoon period with the Bills. Like Levy he comes into town with a career winning percentage below .500. he has a lot to prove, he is a personality and the bills do now get national recognition because of his hiring. myself I give him the benefit of doubt here. i want to see him win. i never liked the Maroon hire but go back and see the people here drooling over the young " inovative" mind he was. Some of the same posters crap on him now daily. Quite Amusing. Any doubters were immediately labeled trolls. A Word that many here have really over used.

The signing today has IMO a tinge of political payback although Rex denied it in his interview. But in Rex's style it got a LOT of press. Not all of it positive. But certainly El Pagul,who signed off on it, Whaley Rex,etc. all knew this would occur.

The Harvin signing is just as weird IMO,since although we can use him. he probably is just a one year rental. I think someone will melt down in the locker room this season. my $$ is on Percy. That said Rex is the man now. and it's time for him to kick some ass quarterback situation aside. That position mess is none of his doing. Expect him to put his best players on the field, and not play games like the last moron here. I hope this next few seasons both the FO and Rex figure it all out. The AFC could be the Bils if they get a QB next year.

This is a great post amidst a **** storm of posts with an occasional good one. Although I don't see Percy being the meltdown candidate. He had a smooth ride with Rex in NY. Don't expect that to change here. I think a more likely meltdown candidate is Freddy or Carpenter :w00t:

This is a great post amidst a **** storm of posts with an occasional good one. Although I don't see Percy being the meltdown candidate. He had a smooth ride with Rex in NY. Don't expect that to change here. I think a more likely meltdown candidate is Freddy or Carpenter :w00t:

One word: Jordan Gay.

Wont IK be punished by the league?

CBF

Like it or not, there's a lot of testosterone in NFL locker rooms. Guys get in fights all the time.

So I'm curious how much the league will punish him for doing what players do often. IK didn't do anything unusual. He just did it better.

I like IK Geno should of have his jaw broken after not paying IK $600 he owed him.

Rex said the Bills would be nasty......I love the signing

Edited by Shoto

I don't mind the signing at all. Could become a very good player. Football is so strange - we want these guys to play a violent game where you have to pysch yourself into a type of reckless abandon to play it well and then we expect them to be boy scouts all the time. I have much more tolerance for an incident like this then the drugs or other stupidity that goes on that is premeditated. IK KO should not have punched him of course but Rex knows the guy and it sounds like he's not a bad teammate. Hopefully an isolated incident.

Edited by timtebow15

Wow, that's crazy if true. Listening to Ryan Clark on ESPN radio today talking about Enemkpali, he actually sounds like a decent guy. Very quiet and serious worker. He made a huge mistake here...but sounds like he was pushed by Geno's smugness.

I was "wait...What? Why?" at first but when I thought about it, yeah, I expect Rex believes, from his knowledge of these guys, that he has a pretty good guess what went down and how.

So if he's comfortable with it, then I'm comfortable with it. Not sure Enemkpali will stick here, but I imagine if he doesn't, it's Rex's way of saying "I know IK and I know Geno and you'll be OK with the kid"

When you continually stiff someone you owe $600 to, and then when confronted you point your finger in the mans face and say "you aren't going to do anything about it" - you deserve to get your jaw busted. This is 100% on Geno. I give IK respect on this

Perky pacesetters purchase pugnacious player puncher!

Nice Irv quote!

I think his chance of actually making the team is slim, but i suppsoe it could happen.

The whole "building a bully" quote might come to haunt Rex. Bully's are essentially cowards. They pick on the weak and cower to those stronger. Building a team that "won't be bullied" or "stands up to bullies" makes FAR more sense to me. Not only because we have (smartly) become a very anti-bully society, but also because if/when something happens that catches the Commissioner's eye, this could be used as evidence that it was institutional.

I think, well I hope, Rex did this as a sign to the Jets. As more, or less, a joke. Chances are, this guy won't even be available to the Bills this year. But if reports of a $600.000 signing bonus are true, it's a pretty expensive joke, if they have to pay it.

When you continually stiff someone you owe $600 to, and then when confronted you point your finger in the mans face and say "you aren't going to do anything about it" - you deserve to get your jaw busted. This is 100% on Geno. I give IK respect on this

I disagree. A violent action should only be in response to another violent action. Civil humans to not resort to violence due to some sort of slight. And I'm Sicilian!

Edited by The Dean

Football is a violent man's sport and football players are a different breed.Apperantly that's hard for some of you people to understand.You guys more than likely have never been in an environment where you need to not just act like an alfa you HAVE to BE one.How can some of you people judge this man and say this is a bad move by the Bills?You never met this man or have seen him play or even probobly heard of him,Rex has done the above extensively.Some of you guys are seriously sissafied and need to reach down in your pants to check if you got anything down there and if you do grab them and grunt.Todays society has men being soft and afraid but an NFL locker room is not like your break room at the office insurance company you work in.Men like this judge each other on things like strength,heart,tenacity,toughness,and honor.He probobly shouldn't have hit him but you also can't back down from someone who wrongs you in that environment it's a sign of weakness and you get no respect.Do you not understand that's the mindset you need to play this violent of a sport and survive?

How does he avoid a suspension? This might be felony battery if Smith pressed charges.

I don't see how he avoids suspension either. But Geno would be a wussy if he presses charges, regardless of whether he was sucker punched or not. It seems that he was being a dick too and provoked it more than showed leadership and diffused it. I think he would lose even more respect if he pressed charges and I doubt he does.