Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No big deal here. If you push a woman or give a 16 year old a bruise you're the scrum of the earth, but breaking a pro athletes jaw in two places out of anger is no big deal. Unless, of course, it's called bullying. Then he's toast.

It's a bit of a pickle here. A lot of folks, both in the league and on this board, really went all in on past incidents.

If we found out he and geno were a lovers quarrel it's mandatory suspension, but as just teammates? We will see!

The players all probably have a certain opinion of Geno, and have probably heard more facts than we have that lead up to it... if they think it's a non issue, then it's probably a non issue.

As far as punishment goes, I wouldn't be surprised, or opposed to a few games suspension... it's basically assault, even with no charges pressed.

The players all probably have a certain opinion of Geno, and have probably heard more facts than we have that lead up to it... if they think it's a non issue, then it's probably a non issue.

As far as punishment goes, I wouldn't be surprised, or opposed to a few games suspension... it's basically assault, even with no charges pressed.

The league doesn't need charges, remember, simply a belief it happened.... And I'm not sure the "basically" was needed in there. It was. As one that's been curious to watch the NFL twist in these situations I'm very interested to see. Edited by NoSaint

I'm telling you that they should get OJ as a consultant to round things out.

But in all seriousness, how many trouble makers can you have on your team before you start having trouble?

I'm willing to explore that precise number, and then reduce our troublemaking talented player by one.

If the Patriots did this Bills' fan would be crucifying them for it. Instead, all I see are rationalizations. If the guy loses control in the locker room, he is likely to lose control on the field at the worst possible time. I disliked Rex Ryan as the Jets coach and at this point I'm rooting for the Bills despite Ryan.

i love it. Rex is turning the bills into the crazy kid on your street who you thought better of messing with. how long has it been?

i was on a team where the captain was a bad actor, until the coach couldn't ignore it anymore and let him go. the kid kicked and screamed and went berserk, but you know what shut him up? not one guy on the team stuck up for him.

that's how you know.

welcome to Buffalo, IK.

I think this is the astute post of the thread. I don't know Geno, and I could be totally wrong about him, but most everything screamed jerk to me, and I said it several times here and to the guys I watch the games with. He came across entitled, and arrogant, and just a guy who takes no responsibility. I really didn't like him and I think the fact that none of his teammates stuck up for him before, during or after this fiasco speaks volumes. Obviously IK was more at fault. You don't just cold rooster someone even if they deserve it. But Geno just seems like a jerk and not a leader of men. Rex says he knows the kind of guy IK is, and I'm sure he knows the kind of guy Geno is even more, and I imagine that was a factor in today's decision.

The league is going to come down pretty hard on him I imagine. So I doubt he plays the first six games or so, if he even makes the team. They will probably keep him, and let him take his suspension and then a month or two into the season, depending on injury, bring IK in and work him in slowly.

If the Patriots did this Bills' fan would be crucifying them for it. Instead, all I see are rationalizations. If the guy loses control in the locker room, he is likely to lose control on the field at the worst possible time. I disliked Rex Ryan as the Jets coach and at this point I'm rooting for the Bills despite Ryan.

So a man who owes you money, and has owed you money for some time, walks across a room in front of 88 of your testosterone filled teammates and starts putting his finger in your face and saying Lord knows what. The genteel response doesn't exactly work in that situation. Geno asked to get slugged in the mouth and he got it. When you call out the manhood of another man, in front of a lot of other men who make their living by physically imposing their will on other large testosterone filled men be prepared to defend yourself. We like to pretend we're civilized. We're not. The only reason the guy got cut was because Geno got hurt and the Jets FO couldn't let that go unanswered. If Geno gets a shiner IK is still a Jet, and a well respected Jet in the locker room, while Geno is the one in the principal's office. Deep down Bowles is pissed he had to cut this guy, I guarantee it.

I think this is the astute post of the thread. I don't know Geno, and I could be totally wrong about him, but most everything screamed jerk to me, and I said it several times here and to the guys I watch the games with. He came across entitled, and arrogant, and just a guy who takes no responsibility. I really didn't like him and I think the fact that none of his teammates stuck up for him before, during or after this fiasco speaks volumes. Obviously IK was more at fault. You don't just cold rooster someone even if they deserve it. But Geno just seems like a jerk and not a leader of men. Rex says he knows the kind of guy IK is, and I'm sure he knows the kind of guy Geno is even more, and I imagine that was a factor in today's decision.

The league is going to come down pretty hard on him I imagine. So I doubt he plays the first six games or so, if he even makes the team. They will probably keep him, and let him take his suspension and then a month or two into the season, depending on injury, bring IK in and work him in slowly.

I'll bet the league is less severe than you think. Lots of fights happen in camps and locker rooms. There are things that happen in camp and scrimmages that, if they happened in a game would be a huge issue. Since they happen at camp nothing happens. Does the league really want to start issuing suspensions and discipline for things like that? Very slippery slope. There were multiple fights followed by a full on fist swinging intent to maim brawl at the Texans/Redskins scrimmage last week. Suspensions? Kinda doubt it.

What???? Marshall had/has an illness that he is now taking medication to address...WTF are you talking about?

Oh that makes his actions OK then, I'm sure he's a good dude.

Based on IK's actions alone he qualifies for an Intermittent Explosive Disorder diagnosis. If he goes and gets one and does some therapy is all good and forgiven?

Here's an abbreviated list of Marshall's issues

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-14/sports/chi-brandon-marshalls-rap-sheet-20120314_1_brandon-marshall-rasheedah-watley-press-charges

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III