Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

I think you might be getting this a bit wrong. If you paid for something to resell in a bundle of goods, didn't get one item, but your customer bought (and paid the same price) for your goods anyway, you are out no money. If this story is correct, he was "reselling" the attendance of Geno. Geno didn't show, but the customers paid the same for the camp, anyway. IK wouldn't have any more money in his pocket (or bank account) had Geno attended.

Now there is more to the situation that wasn't discussed (typical for Florio, who is a terrible journalist). Not having Geno attend may not have cost IK this year, but might hurt attendance (or the price some are willing to pay) in the future, if he can't deliver the stars he promises. Plus, it's just bad form to not show---that is, unless you had to attend the funeral of a good friend. Florid did have one good point, however, IK should know sometimes situations beyond one's control happen. He should have bought refundable tickets, or purchased some sort of insurance.

The real bottom line here, IMO, is two macho idiots resorted to violence in a situation that didn't warrant it. For those who say "If someone disrespected me like that, I'd hit him", I can only say, "Well then, you are an idiot too."

Yes I get that to be his point thanks, but if as he says the risk of a no show is that of the customers and Smith was only one of a number of players expected to attend etc... then what IK gets from the customers belongs to him, or, more precisely to the charity for whose benefit the event was being put on and which was entitled to all the proceeds, so to me the charity was out money or money's worth when Geno failed to show and the expenses became a sunk cost. Maybe all I'm saying is that I don't think Florio's point was a good one. But it wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with him.

I think it's a foolish article without knowing more facts. Sure, circumstances come up where guys can't make it, but the idea that he should have paid for a refundable ticket (full fare) is kind of asking too much, IMO. Both guys appeared to be at fault. Plus, even if Geno didn't owe him any money, you don't walk over to someone who just challenged you "to come over here and say that" (whatever it is) and put your finger in his face. That's asking for it whether it's right or not to punch someone.

As far as losing money goes, he put the word "business" in there to qualify losing money. His camp didn't lose money, IK personally did. It's kind of a ridiculous qualification.

Oh ok so IK saved the charity harmless and absorbed the cost himself. All the more reason for him to expect a reimbursement because then he really is personally out of pocket.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a foolish article without knowing more facts. Sure, circumstances come up where guys can't make it, but the idea that he should have paid for a refundable ticket (full fare) is kind of asking too much, IMO. Both guys appeared to be at fault. Plus, even if Geno didn't owe him any money, you don't walk over to someone who just challenged you "to come over here and say that" (whatever it is) and put your finger in his face. That's asking for it whether it's right or not to punch someone.

As far as losing money goes, he put the word "business" in there to qualify losing money. His camp didn't lose money, IK personally did. It's kind of a ridiculous qualification.

I also take your point about both players being at fault, something that Florio's appears not to acknowledge in his piece. Some reports are to the effect that Smith's finger actually made contact with IKs face. If so that's a battery, defined as the least touching of another in anger. Even if Smith's finger did not touch IKs face Smith's agitated and aggressive behavior is an assault, being such as to create a reasonable apprehension of potential violence. That's why, unlike Florio, I doubt that there will be any action by a DA in NY. Also Smith is certainly not going to lay an information and provide an affidavit. The prosecutors in Florida wouldn't even indict AHern when the guy whose face he shot wouldn't press charges. Edited by starrymessenger

Yeah. Apparently Rex's account to Whaley was that IK kept his mouth shut and worked hard. I think this guy makes the team, just as he was going to make the Jets, also a top shelf defence. We get a bargain basement good young player with some upside. Lol @ the Jets and Geno.

IK's chances of making the team just got better.

Jarius Wynn a “devastating loss” for Bills after ACL injury

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/16/jarius-wynn-a-devastating-loss-for-bills-after-acl-injury/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Wynn is a bad loss for the Bills. He finally showed last year that he could play a very useful role. Don't know that IK can really replace him either. Wynn could play the run. IK looks to be pretty much a pass rusher.

Wynn is a bad loss for the Bills. He finally showed last year that he could play a very useful role. Don't know that IK can really replace him either. Wynn could play the run. IK looks to be pretty much a pass rusher.

yep. Hopefully they can overcome. Next man up. At least it's not a starter (I tell myself this to make myself feel better), or Bryant who is starting week 1.

I'm sure he can learn. Bruce Smith did. These guys don't stop developing the minute they sign a contract.

Florio's a Chip Diller...

Yeah, the main thing I got out of that story was that Mike Florio is a whiny douchebag.

Obviously if you commit to something and blow it off, a person who paid for your attendance should expect to be reimbursed.

Edited by KD in CT

Just a bit more possible info on the IK/Geno incident, Seems Geno might not have owed IK any money at all:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/15/enemkpali-is-done-talking-about-geno-smith/

All one former player's opinion, verbal contracts ARE legal. Not heard why his is considered a criminal act other than it occurred to Jests starting QB in NYC media market and all of the other players who fight are NOT considered criminal acts.

All one former player's opinion, verbal contracts ARE legal. Not heard why his is considered a criminal act other than it occurred to Jests starting QB in NYC media market and all of the other players who fight are NOT considered criminal acts.

well, most other player fights arent in the locker room, away from the field, and result in broken bones/surgery.

and it seems "i will pay you back for the flight" might not have ever been part of the agreement. but we dont know much there.

otherwise, quality insights.

Edited by NoSaint

Interesting notes by Peter King on this at the end of mmqb

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/16/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-monday-morning-quarterback

King is a good reporter who separates opinion from news and facts.

well, most other player fights arent in the locker room, away from the field, and result in broken bones/surgery.

and it seems "i will pay you back for the flight" might not have ever been part of the agreement. but we dont know much there.

otherwise, quality insights.

Results, who (starting or backup) and location ARE NOT considering regarding criminal charges other than jurisdiction.

The issues are whether he was being threatened (perceived or actual, verbal counts in most states), touched and whether it was premeditated and did action continue such as continuing on beating on someone after initial event.

what i think is shining through here is that whaley seems so supportive of his head coach. in the context of the dysfunction that seemed to be his relationship with marrone, it certainly reflects well on whaley that he seems to have such a healthy relationship now.

King is a good reporter who separates opinion from news and facts.

Results, who (starting or backup) and location ARE NOT considering regarding criminal charges other than jurisdiction.

The issues are whether he was being threatened (perceived or actual, verbal counts in most states), touched and whether it was premeditated and did action continue such as continuing on beating on someone after initial event.

location and result have no effect when comparing woods/gilmore to Ik/geno?

sure thing..... whatever you say. ill agree the depth chart should not.

Interesting notes by Peter King on this at the end of mmqb

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/16/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-monday-morning-quarterback

I have a sneaking suspicion this story is going to heat up again and we are going to find out that maybe Geno just didn't show for a less compelling reason or that he used a real tragedy that he wasn't that engaged in as an excuse.......and this will blow up in his already tender face.

Something just doen't feel right.

I've dealt with people making excuses for things for years and when something tragic happens people usually make sure that people know why they aren't going to be able to fulfill their commitment.

I hope I am wrong because I don't even wish that kind of heat on Geno but you know the media are digging into it as we speak. The Tabloids would broil him.