Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

Just a bit more possible info on the IK/Geno incident, Seems Geno might not have owed IK any money at all:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/15/enemkpali-is-done-talking-about-geno-smith/

If that's kind of common protocol, I can see why a player would be annoyed by repeated requests. But as Bowles said this seems easily avoidable even for people that are immature.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex just believes in giving him a chance. He wasn't a super star but Rex must see some potential in him. Watched him in the Panthers game, Meh. Had some pressures, got blown up. Other than that Meh...But maybe he'll get better with the Bills and we need a backup to Hughes. Also I heard Geno had it coming acting like a spoiled brat. Somebody sticks a finger in my face acting like he's better than me and I would have slugged him too. I know it's wrong to hit somebody BUT...it's stupid to act like a a-hole especially to a rather large linebacker! I hope IK does well and sticks with the team. Go Bills!

If that's kind of common protocol, I can see why a player would be annoyed by repeated requests. But as Bowles said this seems easily avoidable even for people that are immature.

Geno is mostly guilty of being ignorant about diffusing a heated situation and instead escalating it with the "sassy-b*tch finger" episode.

If there is ANY gray area whatsoever you just pay the guy his few bucks back.

I know most people are employees/co-workers somewhere and they view this from the perspective of co-worker to co-worker but when you are the starting QB you are the boss of that room at floor level and you can't let something like this happen over some chicken feed.

I've had to disappoint a lot of really bad and dangerously dumb people over the years but if you DON'T MESS WITH ANYONE'S MONEY you rarely have any kind of backlash whether they threaten to go Kromer on you or whatever.

This lesson will come in handy for Geno someday when he owns a business. Hopefully this fist in his face now will spare him a hole in his face. It's not about what is right legally or proving a point. Sometimes you gotta know how to live to fight another day. :thumbsup:

So does IK have to beat out Randall Johnson (a similar player) to make the roster? Or can the Bills keep both? It's hard to know with the mixed fronts we use how many players will be kept at each position.

Think he's battling more with Buchanon.

So does IK have to beat out Randall Johnson (a similar player) to make the roster? Or can the Bills keep both? It's hard to know with the mixed fronts we use how many players will be kept at each position.

Think of Johnson as Lawson's backup and Jawbreaker as Hughes. I think Michael Buchanan is the one that might get pushed out by jawbreaker

Just a bit more possible info on the IK/Geno incident, Seems Geno might not have owed IK any money at all:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/15/enemkpali-is-done-talking-about-geno-smith/

Becht firmly believes Smith had no obligation to repay Enemkpali, since it’s not uncommon for guys to commit to come to a football camp then fail to follow through. It happens, and it’s incumbent on the player hosting the camp to either buy refundable tickets or be prepared to absorb the expense if a player doesn’t show

that from the article. Becht is a tool to say that. Class, people need to simply have class. If you make obligations, follow through on them. It is not an excuse that it is common that others don't.

that from the article. Becht is a tool to say that. Class, people need to simply have class. If you make obligations, follow through on them. It is not an excuse that it is common that others don't.

I agree, to a point. But none of us really know what transpired---except for what we hear about what transpired right before the punch. Again, I'm no Geno fan, and don't really care to defend him. It seems clear her there was more going on than what we know. Hell, it could even look worse for Geno, if and when the facts come to life. It could also be IK was a putz when trying to collect the money. I think the real point is any two semi-intelligent, professional humans should be able to deal with a situation w/o coming to blows. "He stuck his finger in my face" is absolutely not a reason to punch anyone, let alone a teammate, in the locker room. Yes, these guys are alpha males and play a violent sport. But punching teammates in the face is not a common occurrence in locker rooms, despite what some of these knuckle daggers think. Maybe it was at some point. The world is changing. Football lags behind in some areas, but not that far behind.

I'm also not saying this makes IK a terrible human. Just a guy who needs to learn with anger a bit better. If he turns out good enough to contribute, I have no problem with him making the team. But the idea that punching a teammate (even if the guy is no good and/or not liked) is somehow a good thing, is beyond stupid.

For me, I don't fault him as a man for decking a guy who may have been trying to humiliate him. I fault him for being an employee who let his personal animosity wreck the company's plan. Hopefully it works out, but I'm surprised he's on an NFL roster right now.

Maybe that was the company's plan. ;)

Probably just me but I don't really understand Florio's point that IK didn't lose any money. He says IK was going to be out the money whether Geno showed up or not. If I shell out to buy something it's true that I'm out the price whether I get what I bought or not. But if I don't get what I paid for I'm hardly in the same place that I'm in if I receive it. Here IK paid for Geno and didn't get him.

Another way of looking at it is if IK had never asked Geno to show in the first place he would have the $600 he gave Geno.

Probably just me but I don't really understand Florio's point that IK didn't lose any money. He says IK was going to be out the money whether Geno showed up or not. If I shell out to buy something it's true that I'm out the price whether I get what I bought or not. But if I don't get what I paid for I'm hardly in the same place that I'm in if I receive it. Here IK paid for Geno and didn't get him.

Another way of looking at it is if IK had never asked Geno to show in the first place he would have the $600 he gave Geno.

I think you might be getting this a bit wrong. If you paid for something to resell in a bundle of goods, didn't get one item, but your customer bought (and paid the same price) for your goods anyway, you are out no money. If this story is correct, he was "reselling" the attendance of Geno. Geno didn't show, but the customers paid the same for the camp, anyway. IK wouldn't have any more money in his pocket (or bank account) had Geno attended.

Now there is more to the situation that wasn't discussed (typical for Florio, who is a terrible journalist). Not having Geno attend may not have cost IK this year, but might hurt attendance (or the price some are willing to pay) in the future, if he can't deliver the stars he promises. Plus, it's just bad form to not show---that is, unless you had to attend the funeral of a good friend. Florid did have one good point, however, IK should know sometimes situations beyond one's control happen. He should have bought refundable tickets, or purchased some sort of insurance.

The real bottom line here, IMO, is two macho idiots resorted to violence in a situation that didn't warrant it. For those who say "If someone disrespected me like that, I'd hit him", I can only say, "Well then, you are an idiot too."

I think it's a foolish article without knowing more facts. Sure, circumstances come up where guys can't make it, but the idea that he should have paid for a refundable ticket (full fare) is kind of asking too much, IMO. Both guys appeared to be at fault. Plus, even if Geno didn't owe him any money, you don't walk over to someone who just challenged you "to come over here and say that" (whatever it is) and put your finger in his face. That's asking for it whether it's right or not to punch someone.

As far as losing money goes, he put the word "business" in there to qualify losing money. His camp didn't lose money, IK personally did. It's kind of a ridiculous qualification.

Edited by Kelly the Dog