Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

I'm a pacifist by nature. Violence is rarely, if ever, the right answer.

But I'm a realist too. I imagine every day in some camp or another, some NFL player is punching another.

IK just hit harder than the other guys.

Other teams sign serious criminals and we sign a puncher and the media gets upset.

Ray Lewis had a nice career after possible involvement in a murder. AP was just given another chance. I'm expecting someone to give wife-beater Ray Rice another shot. IK is small potatoes in comparison.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Geno's jaw doesn't break, is this a story?

I know it DID break, but if say the punch hurt him but didn't make him miss a snap in practice, does this just go down as a small footnote on NFL.com or even not reported at all? I think so.

If Geno's jaw doesn't break, is this a story?

I know it DID break, but if say the punch hurt him but didn't make him miss a snap in practice, does this just go down as a small footnote on NFL.com or even not reported at all? I think so.

Cam Newton was in a fight last week right? No harm, no foul. The locker room setting is the other difference.

Not if your a 250 pound animal who is probably getting belittled in front of his teamates

still.....the fact that there was not a O linemen standing up for their QB is very telling

I think this is more telling:

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News also spoke to players on the Jets who said Smith "deserved" to be punched:

Smith "was up in (Enemkpali’s) face and pointed/touched his face," according to a source.

"Geno deserved it," another source said.

It’s unclear how matters escalated, but Smith’s finger-pointing in his teammate’s face was grounds for a punch, according to some.

"That’ll get a man hit every time, especially one that hasn’t earned respect," a source said.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/jets-geno-smith-punched-ik-enemkpali-fight-2015-8#ixzz3ii9xFZCb

Cam Newton was in a fight last week right? No harm, no foul. The locker room setting is the other difference.

Before I get called out, I do understand the difference of a punch that breaks a jaw and one that doesn't. But if the puncher had been Ryan Quigly and not this insane beast of a man, the outcome would be much different.

We signed a guy to play linebacker who can break jaws in multiple places with one punch. I'm struggling to see the issue with that.

Before I get called out, I do understand the difference of a punch that breaks a jaw and one that doesn't. But if the puncher had been Ryan Quigly and not this insane beast of a man, the outcome would be much different.

We signed a guy to play linebacker who can break jaws in multiple places with one punch. I'm struggling to see the issue with that.

Agree. "Smashmouth football" on all three units. We've seen enough of the alternative for 15 (16 now?) years.

Edited by Felonious Monk

Doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a fight.

Teammate puts his finger in your face, you push him off, swat it away.

And enjoy being the punk who just got schooled by Geno without recouping the cash ? I don't see your angle here.

I'm no fighter, put a finger in my face and tell me I won't do anything accompanied by the fact you owe me money and one just might fly. Geno did this to himself. He asked for it.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sorry if a re-post, but I haven't seen this in the thread as yet:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/13/ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-geno-smith-punch-buffalo-bills-coaches-nfl

"...a member of the [bills] staff contacted a current Jets player who was in the locker room to get an account of what happened. According to the version some members of the Bills heard, Smith was mouthing off about the debt in the locker room, and Enemkpali told Smith to come over and say it to his face. Smith did, and put his finger in Enemkpali’s face, at which point Enemkpali slugged him."

Sorry if a re-post, but I haven't seen this in the thread as yet:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/13/ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-geno-smith-punch-buffalo-bills-coaches-nfl

"...a member of the [bills] staff contacted a current Jets player who was in the locker room to get an account of what happened. According to the version some members of the Bills heard, Smith was mouthing off about the debt in the locker room, and Enemkpali told Smith to come over and say it to his face. Smith did, and put his finger in Enemkpalis face, at which point Enemkpali slugged him."

seems odd hed be randomly roaming around mouthing off about it without provocation. either the dudes a true head case or theres more....

I'm a pacifist by nature. Violence is rarely, if ever, the right answer.

But I'm a realist too. I imagine every day in some camp or another, some NFL player is punching another.

IK just hit harder than the other guys.

Other teams sign serious criminals and we sign a puncher and the media gets upset.

Ray Lewis had a nice career after possible involvement in a murder. AP was just given another chance. I'm expecting someone to give wife-beater Ray Rice another shot. IK is small potatoes in comparison.

This.

This thread makes an excellent study for a UB sociologist. Pretty easy to see who the "law and order" types are, the guys who back authority and believe we should always bow down to it, and the "American Rebels" whose default setting is suspicion of official versions and believe in standing up for yourself.