Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

How does he avoid a suspension? This might be felony battery if Smith pressed charges.

He's not permanently disfigured or disabled in some way.

Possibly aggravated assault, but it wasn't pre-meditated, he didn't use a weapon, and it's debatable as to whether or not the injury is "serious" as defined by the law. it's not life threatening in any way nor is it permanent/disabling. It did require surgery which makes it more serious than a shiner but it's not in the realm of major damage that required a lengthy hospitalization.

If he's charged with aggravated assault it will probably get pled down to simple. There's also the question as to whether or not this was a fight that both people entered into willingly. If Geno came up on IK and initiated physical contact with him in really any way before the punch was thrown it would become petty disorderly conduct for both of them. Since that's what probably happened, and since charges haven't been filed yet, I'm going to guess that Geno is being advised to let it drop to avoid a disorderly conduct charge coming against himself.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing this is primarily a huge FU to the Jets, because he's not exactly a huge talent. Not sure we need this crap, but it fits the Rex philosophy of being a bully team that likes to get under the skin of his opponents. After too many years of being the weaklings, I gotta confess to liking a little FU.

They couldn't get Aaron Hernandez weekend furloughs. Jesus, what are we doing?

That's your comparison? Have you ever been on a sports team?

He punched a guy in the face. The only reason anyone heard anything about it is because it did serious damage and cost the starting QB time.

It happens all the time.

That's your comparison? Have you ever been on a sports team?

He punched a guy in the face. The only reason anyone heard anything about it is because it did serious damage and cost the starting QB time.

It happens all the time.

Maybe so, but I would like to know more about the assault of a police officer.

Guessing this is primarily a huge FU to the Jets, because he's not exactly a huge talent. Not sure we need this crap, but it fits the Rex philosophy of being a bully team that likes to get under the skin of his opponents. After too many years of being the weaklings, I gotta confess to liking a little FU.

Rex and the Jets drafted him in the 7th round a couple of years ago. This likely means several things:

1. Rex must be extremely familiar with him as virtually all teams require intensive interviews of kids they choose to invest a draft choice in. IK obviously passed this test for Rex or he would not have drafted him.

2. There is a ? as to whether he easily passed this character/quality test or instead he eeked through in a balance btw high talent and low character and theJets took a flyer on him. However, the ironic good news for his character is that I have seen no one claim he is such a physical talent that one should also accept he is mentally a challenged person. ince Rex is taking another bite of the IK apple, the likliehood is that the fight was NOT confirmation of an underlying character problem but instead is likely an aberration.

3. The thing about late rounders is that the Jets likely took him in the draft because they thought they would lose him if he went on the market as a UDFA.

4. This actually a pretty low risk and easy to motivate choice by Rex. IK Or ITKO as I like to think of him) is someone who if he gets cut by Rex he is simply done as a player. One is lucky to get even 1 chance in the NFL and quite frankly this is pretty do or get a real job for IK. If he doesn't stick it is easily justifiable for RR and also the chances he signs elsewhere and comes back to embarrass the Bills are small if we cut him.

Given our lack of depth at LB and given the constant need for ST players in the NFL this pick-up is a no brainer for Rex.

I haven't read much about it but it sounds like a young drunk who made a really bad decision. Instant @$$hole, just add alcohol. Let he who is without teenage sin cast the first stone.

I don't see how he avoids suspension either. But Geno would be a wussy if he presses charges, regardless of whether he was sucker punched or not. It seems that he was being a dick too and provoked it more than showed leadership and diffused it. I think he would lose even more respect if he pressed charges and I doubt he does.

The lack of any public outpouring of support for Geno from anyone other than Bowles leads me to believe Geno was likely the instigator in this situation, not the victim (aside from having a glass jaw). The NFL investigation would, I presume, be limited to whether this was a "bullying" incident and if they confirm it was not, what is the basis for suspension?

Edit: see this article just posted by Manish Mehta (Jests beat reporter)

One quote: Smith “was up in (Enemkpali’s) face and pointed/touched his face,” according to a source.

Another: “Geno deserved it."

Edited by eball

I haven't read much about it but it sounds like a young drunk who made a really bad decision. Instant @$$hole, just add alcohol. Let he who is without teenage sin cast the first stone.

Point well taken Darin but from where I sit, it's different when one attacks a cop. I don't expect others to necessarily agree mind you but even at that, it's a HUGE red flag.

Jmo.

Cops need to punched nowadays. Turn on the news man. Newest one got shot reaching for license as cop instructed him to do so.

IK justice for all !

Were you mistreated during your most recent arrest?

"Enemkpali was a 19-year-old redshirt freshman at Louisiana Tech in April 2011 when he got into a brawl with the off-duty Arcadia officer working security at Rabb’s Steak House in Ruston. The security man, Hezekiah Perry, managed to unleash pepper spray on Enemkpali."

Article

If a guy gets up in your face in front of all of your colleagues, pokes you, laughs at you, and says "you ain't gonna do sh--", you punch that guy in the jaw.

Maybe you don't, but you might wish you did.

Well, that might be how it shook out.... Do we know what provoked geno to do such a thing to him? It seems like both sides were escalating it. Edited by NoSaint

Well, that might be how it shook out.... Do we know what provoked geno to do such a thing to him? It seems like both sides were escalating it.

Apparently Smith backed out of an agreement to attend IK's camp for kids or something like that. IK paid for Smith's plane ticket and Smith didn't show. IK wanted money for the ticket.

Cops need to punched nowadays. Turn on the news man. Newest one got shot reaching for license as cop instructed him to do so.

IK justice for all !

I'm not going to pretend cops never overstep their bounds, but plucking a few headlines over time from across a country of over 300 million people is a horrible way to try to quantify the situation. It's the opposite of the scientific method.