Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

Guessing this is primarily a huge FU to the Jets, because he's not exactly a huge talent. Not sure we need this crap, but it fits the Rex philosophy of being a bully team that likes to get under the skin of his opponents. After too many years of being the weaklings, I gotta confess to liking a little FU.

After 15 pages of comments, I think we've finally hit on what this is all about. I don't expect this guy to make the roster (and really, admit it -- we played the Jets twice last year as usual -- did you have any idea this kid actually existed before yesterday? I didn't) -- this is even beyond the Jerk Whisperer thing where only Rex thinks he can communicate with a known clubhouse cancer ...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Smith backed out of an agreement to attend IK's camp for kids or something like that. IK paid for Smith's plane ticket and Smith didn't show. IK wanted money for the ticket.

Right. We've heard all that. I'm guessing in that situation IK probably said something to touch geno off though. Otherwise it'd be odd to suddenly be in his face. Like I said, odds are both sides were escalators through these steps.

I'm not going to pretend cops never overstep their bounds, but plucking a few headlines over time from across a country of over 300 million people is a horrible way to try to quantify the situation. It's the opposite of the scientific method.

Let me have my bad jokes. You are correct.

I haven't read much about it but it sounds like a young drunk who made a really bad decision. Instant @$$hole, just add alcohol. Let he who is without teenage sin cast the first stone.

I keep reading "police officer" as in "uniformed police officer." The guy he punched was off-duty, undercover and working security at a bar (i.e., out of uniform). While you still can't condone the behavior, it's a LOT more understandable as to how/why it happened.

And yet, a large segment of the media and most MB posters conveniently omit that distinction...

Anyone remember this from last year?

Geno probably should learn to keep his mouth shut. Maybe having it wired shut for a few months will do the trick.

"Smith refused to say what he told Casey to precipitate the fight and insisted it was just routine trash talking - "just football stuff." Pressed, Smith asked, "Is this an investigation?"

I will say for the record, now that I am in a different state and the statue of limitations is passed, that once in high school, a kid my age decided to rip up my books for fun. When I confronted him, he smirked, pointed to his cheek and said "Lay one on me"

I didn't break his jaw, but one punch later and he dropped.

Now, this was stupid as hell and I admit it but I'm not sure, if I went back, if I would do it any different.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

Let me have my bad jokes. You are correct.

Then let me immediately apologize for my snide remark. :oops: Sorry about that. The problem is that many actually believe your joke.

"Enemkpali was a 19-year-old redshirt freshman at Louisiana Tech in April 2011 when he got into a brawl with the off-duty Arcadia officer working security at Rabb’s Steak House in Ruston. The security man, Hezekiah Perry, managed to unleash pepper spray on Enemkpali."

Article

Thanks for this. It does leave open the possibility that he did not know the person was a cop. Tough call.

Getting, you know, I into the actual football talk, I have a feeling IK could fit in on some packages, especially the 46 that we were talking about here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/179608-46-defense-implemented/page-2

In that, the SLB comes in really as a 5th DE. We have Lawson, but his real talent is sealing the edge on the run and less pass rushing. If you really want to bring the pain in a third and long IK is not a bad choice.

Getting, you know, I into the actual football talk, I have a feeling IK could fit in on some packages, especially the 46 that we were talking about here:

In that, the SLB comes in really as a 5th DE. We have Lawson, but his real talent is sealing the edge on the run and less pass rushing. If you really want to bring the pain in a third and long IK is not a bad choice.

Well apparently he'll see the field a bit tomorrow.

hes insurance in case one of our backups go down as he knows the system. If there are no injuries he will be fighting for a roster spot, but if he's better than someone else we have now, so be it. But I'm sure the overarching reason that he was signed was that he knows the defense and could help us. Edited by YoloinOhio

we will see -- lawson ran a 4.48 at the combine, and this guy was a 5.01. its a pretty big gap for an outside rusher.

james harrison ran a 5+ too though i believe, so its not a disqualifier for talented play, but its an uphill battle. if the guy was a jet, we wouldnt be worried about his packages, but hopefully he can be a nice piece.

we will see -- lawson ran a 4.48 at the combine, and this guy was a 5.01. its a pretty big gap for an outside rusher.

james harrison ran a 5+ too though i believe, so its not a disqualifier for talented play, but its an uphill battle. if the guy was a jet, we wouldnt be worried about his packages, but hopefully he can be a nice piece.

Harrison wasn't invited to the combine. But to the naked eye he sure looked a lot faster than 5+. Idk where these comparisons to IK and JH come from....JH was smaller, lighter and IMO a lot faster Edited by JTSP

Harrison wasn't invited to the combine. But to the naked eye he sure looked a lot faster than 5+. Idk where these comparisons to IK and JH come from....JH was smaller, lighter and IMO a lot faster

IK has also been compared with David Harris, except Harris ran a 4.59 40. Big difference. His short area quickness looks pretty good though to the eyeball test anyway. Must be pretty strong too given his bull rush of Chance Womack (not to mention his KO of Geno).

I know I am late to this discussion and perhaps a couple of these thoughts are already expressed but I have three comments:

- I have a tough time condoning violence in any situation except self defense. It is likely Geno acted like a punk, it is likely he baited IK but still I don't feel the violence is justified. I just cannot get on board with the 'he deserved it' line of argument. Unless Geno directly provoked him by taking the first jab or in other ways indicating impending violent action, I think IK was wrong

- So far Ryan has been good with the media and with the players but there is a point where there can be one too many trouble makers in the locker room.Sure I want to 'build a bully' but to me it indicates players who are driven, play hard, play to the whistle etc. It does not mean we taking on players with known red flags such as Incognito, Harvin and now IK. Each of them can perhaps be rationalized but I am afraid that at some point in the future the locker room drama may affect the on-field performance negatively

- If it is intended as the proverbial FU to the Jets, that is just not classy. We don't need that kind of animosity. Prove your superiority on the field

I am just not on board with this decision to claim IK