Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

Harrison wasn't invited to the combine. But to the naked eye he sure looked a lot faster than 5+. Idk where these comparisons to IK and JH come from....JH was smaller, lighter and IMO a lot faster

I believe it was a pro-day number - was just referenced in an article I saw when I wanted to peek at the measurables after whalers comment

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else had the thought, maybe Rex did this to distract the press from the QB situation?

It's worked so far

My favorite poster, Leroi said the same several pages back and I rolled my eyes. But I have a higher opinion of you and hope you are joking. On the other hand, if it is true, it is pretty sad on Ryan's part

Anyone remember this from last year?

Geno probably should learn to keep his mouth shut. Maybe having it wired shut for a few months will do the trick.

"Smith refused to say what he told Casey to precipitate the fight and insisted it was just routine trash talking - "just football stuff." Pressed, Smith asked, "Is this an investigation?"

Good catch FM.

I know I am late to this discussion and perhaps a couple of these thoughts are already expressed but I have three comments:

- I have a tough time condoning violence in any situation except self defense. It is likely Geno acted like a punk, it is likely he baited IK but still I don't feel the violence is justified. I just cannot get on board with the 'he deserved it' line of argument. Unless Geno directly provoked him by taking the first jab or in other ways indicating impending violent action, I think IK was wrong

- So far Ryan has been good with the media and with the players but there is a point where there can be one too many trouble makers in the locker room.Sure I want to 'build a bully' but to me it indicates players who are driven, play hard, play to the whistle etc. It does not mean we taking on players with known red flags such as Incognito, Harvin and now IK. Each of them can perhaps be rationalized but I am afraid that at some point in the future the locker room drama may affect the on-field performance negatively

- If it is intended as the proverbial FU to the Jets, that is just not classy. We don't need that kind of animosity. Prove your superiority on the field

I am just not on board with this decision to claim IK

3 potential trouble makers out of 53 players and this is a major problem?

3 potential trouble makers out of 53 players and this is a major problem?

I am no authority to say if 1 or 5 players is the cutoff. In general, I am lamenting this sudden change in strategy by the FO/coaching staff. As an example, if we just got Incognito, I would say there is enough leadership and strong positive personalities to prevent any locker room bullying by him. But as the numbers keep increasing, I don't know if said leadership is adequate to keep the locker room intact.

Then let me immediately apologize for my snide remark. :oops: Sorry about that. The problem is that many actually believe your joke.

Thanks for this. It does leave open the possibility that he did not know the person was a cop. Tough call.

Bill, I'm typically 99% of the time on the side of the Police. However, I've been to hundreds of clubs in my day and most employed bouncers. I never knew if they were COPs or not. To me it didn't matter. But I saw many a scuffle with liquored-up patrons and bouncers. I highly doubt any of the drunks knew if the bouncer was an off-duty cop or not. I can't judge him based on what little evidence we know about that 19 year old's altercation with club bouncer. JMHO.

Has anyone else had the thought, maybe Rex did this to distract the press from the QB situation?

It's worked so far

Nah. It was EJ's turn with the 3s yesterday. Cassel crapped the bed, so the media was quiet except to throw a few darts EJs way because he was running for his life behind the protection the Home Depot stock clerks to be afforded him against a group of hungry Defensive players that are clawing for a way to make the team.

In other words, it was a slow news day.

Rodak should stick to what he does well. Washing Brady's balls.

Skurski tweeted that Rodak shot over 100 for nine holes of golf yesterday.

Even for a non-athlete that's difficult to do -- for example, the first time I ever played I shot 130 -- for 18 holes.

This guy must be a complete dork.

I am no authority to say if 1 or 5 players is the cutoff. In general, I am lamenting this sudden change in strategy by the FO/coaching staff. As an example, if we just got Incognito, I would say there is enough leadership and strong positive personalities to prevent any locker room bullying by him. But as the numbers keep increasing, I don't know if said leadership is adequate to keep the locker room intact.

i think its starting to become a more fair question with each addition.

you have guys like Mario, KW and freddy but im not sure who are the true leaders and mentors through the group outside of that. We dont have that franchise qb in the room. We have some young guys like MD that could be a handful at times. bradham had his arrest last year, woods seems to be a guy that could use a positive influence (not that i think hes major trouble). Mccoy is a vet but im not sure what hes like in the locker room. clay is hopefully stepping into that type of role, but im not sure we know.

its not a problem, until it is, and then its hard to fix. if we stay on the right side its a great way to get talent cheaper though.

Terrible, terrible decision. Stuff like this make me really dislike Ryan (who I didn't care for much in the first place), and sorely tests my love for the Bills, a Team I have followed since the mind-1960s.

Plus, it seems plain stupid. What's the upside? It just brings bad attention to the team, and has zero chance of making the team better. It hurts much more than it potentially helps, and shows a lack of class and respect for civilized behavior.

Yes he is eligible under several criteria.

Practice squads are considered to be for developmental purposes. Therefore, veterans are not eligible to be signed to the practice squad. Here is a closer look at the eligibility requirements.

• A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times
However, the NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed to expand NFL Practice Squads for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Absent an extension of the agreement, the current rules will be reinstated beginning with the 2016 season.
Under the agreement, 2014 and 2015 Practice Squads will increase from the current maximum of eight players to 10 players.
In addition, the criteria for Practice Squad eligibility has been expanded in two respects.
First, a player must have a minimum of six games - up from the current three games - on a Practice Squad in order for that season to count as one of the player's three permissible seasons of Practice Squad service.
Second, each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club's 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons.

I think this is a Patriot move for the Bills. Pick his brain on the Jets defense for a few weeks, then cut him.

Yes because there's no such thing as game film in the NFL the Bills have to pick up players to help them.

He's not permanently disfigured or disabled in some way.

Possibly aggravated assault, but it wasn't pre-meditated, he didn't use a weapon, and it's debatable as to whether or not the injury is "serious" as defined by the law. it's not life threatening in any way nor is it permanent/disabling. It did require surgery which makes it more serious than a shiner but it's not in the realm of major damage that required a lengthy hospitalization.

If he's charged with aggravated assault it will probably get pled down to simple. There's also the question as to whether or not this was a fight that both people entered into willingly. If Geno came up on IK and initiated physical contact with him in really any way before the punch was thrown it would become petty disorderly conduct for both of them. Since that's what probably happened, and since charges haven't been filed yet, I'm going to guess that Geno is being advised to let it drop to avoid a disorderly conduct charge coming against himself.

There is no indication that it was "a fight both entered into willingly".

Your suggestion that Geno could face a "disorderly conduct charge" is silly.

Yes he is eligible under several criteria.

Practice squads are considered to be for developmental purposes. Therefore, veterans are not eligible to be signed to the practice squad. Here is a closer look at the eligibility requirements.

• A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times
However, the NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed to expand NFL Practice Squads for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Absent an extension of the agreement, the current rules will be reinstated beginning with the 2016 season.

Under the agreement, 2014 and 2015 Practice Squads will increase from the current maximum of eight players to 10 players.

In addition, the criteria for Practice Squad eligibility has been expanded in two respects.

First, a player must have a minimum of six games - up from the current three games - on a Practice Squad in order for that season to count as one of the player's three permissible seasons of Practice Squad service.

Second, each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club's 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons.

wasnt he on the field 6 games last year, which means we would need to know if he made the 46 less than 9 times? not positive, but id bet someone can pull the jets gameday info from last year to confirm.

Since that's what probably happened, and since charges haven't been filed yet, I'm going to guess that Geno is being advised to let it drop to avoid a disorderly conduct charge coming against himself.

ill go out on a limb and guess geno doesnt want to be labeled as the player that pressed charges on a fellow nfl player either. for him im guessing its worth more to let it go than to pursue, even if hes totally in the clear.

Edited by NoSaint