WGR callers way worse than any poster here…

• LabattBlue changed the title to WGR callers way worse than any poster here…
1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Turned on WGR while driving earlier.  They really need to stop taking calls…just one bad take after another. 

They screen to take the worst callers lol

It's no fun having a bunch of homers call

• Thank you (+1) 2

It's really only good listening for comedy purposes.

I remember the year Mitch Trubisky was our backup the first time around. After a not-so-great outing by Josh (I don't remember which game), there was at least one caller very earnestly and pointedly suggesting that we bench Josh for Mitch. Seriously.

For some reason, one's willingness to call into WGR to espouse their opinion seems to correlate directly with how undeveloped their critical thinking skills are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I remember the year Mitch Trubisky was our backup the first time around. After a not-so-great outing by Josh (I don't remember which game), there was at least one caller very earnestly and pointedly suggesting that we bench Josh for Mitch. Seriously.

For some reason, one's willingness to call into WGR to espouse their opinion seems to correlate directly with how undeveloped their critical thinking skills are.

So true, the Bills are a magnet from drama queens!

Just now, Beck Water said:

You know, I hadn't thought of that....but that's actually one of the most plausible explanations I've heard to explain it

Definitely... It's no fun having a bunch of homers call to say how great the organization is for hours lol

After all these years.. and all the crazy callers... That is the only thing I can think of 

That when they want some drama... They're screening for those calls

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Drunk retirees in the middle of the day listening to FM Radio in 2024 are worse than someone who understands how to operate a computer?

Shocking. 

Well...... in theory, drunk retirees in the middle of the day could have forgotten more football then most of us will ever know.......

......that was true of my Grandpa, who never learned how to use a computer (or a calculator, for that matter - he could add up a column of 40 5 and 6 digit numbers accurately in his head, faster than I could enter them).

But then, he never called into radio, either, AM or FM.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

The AM show was insufferable this morning. 

Suicidal radio.  They think the draft ended last night and we traded Tyreek Hill to KC.

You can make the argument to never trade with KC….it’s just loser talk especially over picks 28 and 32 my goodness.  

• Agree 4
  • Dislike 2

I mean trading with the Chiefs the reaction were going to be bad, trading with the Chiefs and they take a guy that set the Combine 40 record and it's even worse. Reality is we weren't taking that guy and he probably would have been there at 32 for the Chiefs to take anyway. But it doesn't matter for people now, it's still going to be that Beane gave the Chiefs "New" Tyreek.

Can't listen to  one bills live today. That voice is like nails in a chalkboard. 
earlier a dude called and said "hey do you remember me?  I'm the guy who called a couple months ago and said we should trade up for a receiver".  Hahaha. Yeah you and 1,000 other people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Turned on WGR while driving earlier.  They really need to stop taking calls…just one bad take after another. 

Did you like the guy that went on and on about how he "felt betrayed?"

Edited by jkeerie
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

I like listening to the morning crew.  The afternoon crew of Brown and Maddy Glab is horrible. Schopp and dog are okay when they talk about sports

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The AM show was insufferable this morning. 

Suicidal radio.  They think the draft ended last night and we traded Tyreek Hill to KC.

You can make the argument to never trade with KC….it’s just loser talk especially over picks 28 and 32 my goodness.  

COMPLETE loser talk.  If we don't trade they're finding another partner, and they gave Beane what he wanted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well...... in theory, drunk retirees in the middle of the day could have forgotten more football then most of us will ever know.......

I've been listening to WGR on and off again since I was a kid, I have yet to see this theory play out in practice. 

I'm not saying that it's impossible, but outliers aren't really important when you're talking about clear trends. 

Football knowledge in the general public has skyrocketed in the last 20 years because of fantasy football and analytics. Guess which crowd isn't into either? 

Edited by Bruffalo

22 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Can't listen to  one bills live today. That voice is like nails in a chalkboard. 

It's tough enough to listen to without the shrill

Edited by US Egg
  • Agree 1

You have an interesting contrast the Bills callers who are angry because the trade was made with the Chiefs…and the hosts who other then the morning show are apologists for the front office. 
We will see how tonight goes but if that pick at 33 is Cooper Dejean people are going to have a meltdown as even though he’s an absolutely terrific player but let’s face it this is the worst group of receivers in football as currently constructed. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Nobody in Buffalo has understood how to run a screen for at least 20 years, so...

Did you forget all the nice smoke screens..  that the bills would run to smoke Brown 

He busted a few of them... 

We also ran a good screen game with Chan gailey

Do we excel at it now? Not really... But we were running some nice wide receiver screens with daboll

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, gomper said:

The station is so bad. Listened to Bulldog by himself on Monday. Embarrassing. WNY deserves better. 

Those guys never work a 5-day work-week. I listened to Schopp and Bulldog on my way home during football season. I hated when it was just one of them. One guy rambling on is nowhere near good radio. Needs to be a conversation with varying opinions. 

48 minutes ago, gomper said:

The station is so bad. Listened to Bulldog by himself on Monday. Embarrassing. WNY deserves better. 

The days Bulldog is on by himself should be sent to a radio Hall of Fame. That is some historically bad and pointless broadcasting.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Are the callers any worse than some of the “talent” on WGR?

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

the hosts are not really that impressive if I am being honest.

How did Maddie ever get this job?  smh  Steve and Chris just spread the approved corporate Bills message, but Maddie is a whole other level of cringeworthy.

Sometimes when I'm trying to sleep OBL works.