Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Are we learning ANYTHING from this? If you are honestly watching other GM's get fleeced for a very small jump up the board, and you wanted us to jump from 28 to the top 10, I pity you...

Sorry... I just do.

In.

Beane.

We.

Trust.

what would you say if you learned beane tried?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So Vikings already don't have 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks next year?

That is an interesting strategy for an average team at best...

they drafted a qb and a really talented pass rusher.  They had a very good scrappy defense last year and just missed the playoffs without their starting qb for the majority of the season.  They just replaced hunter.  

I think that was an excellent trade.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Him or Mitchell. It be interesting if both fall.

Feels ilke one of BTJ, Mitchell, or Worthy will still be available at 28.  

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Perhaps we move with the Rams to jump PIT & MIA

I love your enthusiasm I really do but I can tell your a young guy your very impulsive and always trying to make a move that’s not necessary 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1-5 and 17 on my Bills board are now off the board, but 6-16 are still there:

1. Quinyon Mitchell
  2. Terrion Arnold
  3. Brian Thomas Jr.
  4. Insert OL Here
  5. Verse
  6. DeJean
  7. Chop
  8. Newton
  9. McKinstry
  10. Franklin
  11. Coleman

4 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Are we learning ANYTHING from this? If you are honestly watching other GM's get fleeced for a very small jump up the board, and you wanted us to jump from 28 to the top 10, I pity you...

Sorry... I just do.

In.

Beane.

We.

Trust.

It's one GM getting fleeced maybe he's bad at trading picks 

• Agree 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

How much does a QB actually learn from the starter? They get access to tons of film and NFL coaching regardless of who the starter is.

They learn about daily habits and discipline and mindsets that can make preparation more efficient and effective. In college these guys had SO much coaching and mentoring. In the pros, oddly enough, it's a little less hands-on. Having a real pro in the room can be incredibly helpful.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

I always love watching the fans have to pretend to get excited for an offensive lineman 

I can appreciate the fact the Bills have an above average tandem at Tackle, neither being RD1 picks. 

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

He got flagged for a shoulder and hip injury and rumors of off field. He may not go first round.

what are the off field rumors?

Edited by RyanC883

4 minutes ago, Bookie Man said:

this draft reminds of my fantasy drafts where the player I for sure thought would be there gets picked right before me and I panic and draft someone I wasn't even considering or did any deep research on 😅

Has anyone picked…Keyshawn Johnson?

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

They learn about daily habits and discipline and mindsets that can make preparation more efficient and effective. In college these guys had SO much coaching and mentoring. In the pros, oddly enough, it's a little less hands-on. Having a real pro in the room can be incredibly helpful.

not 100m helpful for a guy that’s already 24

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Okay I'm down to two offensive players left with 1st round grades and it is the two guys where I know I am higher than the consensus - Legette and Morgan.

It's really looking like defense at 28 is where the value will be. Depending on the next 8 picks...I don't see how defense isn't at the top of Brandon's board when the time comes.