Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

31 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Then make them PAY!!  At least get an extra pick out of them.  We never ask for the right compensation.  Swapping picks to move up 40 spots in the 6th and 7th round is a ***** joke.

We moved into the 3rd...not the 6th.

14 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Colts GM said that they had only 20 guys with first round grades.  Deep draft and the Bills get more picks.  Works for me.

It's not a deep draft at all. That's why they are prioritizing moving their later round picks forward. We aren't selecting additional players this year, we are just getting to pick them sooner. If it were a deep draft they'd be adding selections. Rounds 6 and 7 are basically throw aways this year. There just aren't that many guys with draftable grades this year.

I wouldnt be shocked if they move down again tomorrow. I'm disappointed that they haven't been able to add an additional 3rd and have only been able to do swaps so far. Maybe tomorrow is different but I'd guess it would be another pick swap. Maybe one of the 5s to a 4 now.

Just now, billieve420 said:

Troy Franklin the pick tomrrow or do they go DeJean.

If Buffalo loved Franklin that much, why wouldn’t they just take him at 32 and get the fifth year option instead of taking him at 33?  Doesn’t make sense. I don’t think Buffalo is done trading down yet. They will do at least one more trade down from 33 if in fact they are taking a WR. So I think it would definitely be for any other position than WR if they do make a pick at 33. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Was that you? Idk I'm truly not mad at you. I'm disappointed atm. It's not personal. I'm sure you're actually a good person. My apology for being passive aggressive. Go Bills

We all are - no harm man- I poked the bear when it was waking up from a slumber with my commentary as I'm typically not thinking it's as bad as it's being made out - it was in fun - I dont take it seriously -

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We don't have the cap room for a veteran unless we make a post June 1 trade. Yet I can't imagine drafting a guy only to trade him a few weeks later. 

apparently moving out of the 1st round has saved them over 2 million on the cap this year.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

5th round players are no guarantee to even make the team. This team needs a few difference makers not Meh scrubs.

Might just hit the lottery and and the next Kyle Williams, a 5th round pick I might add!

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Just now, NoSaint said:

It was not by any metric.

no scale or historical comp shows that as higher than normal value. 

No historical comp showed Josh Allen would be a top QB in the league.

I understand what you are saying.  Bleed the chiefs dry if they try to move up.  However, there are so many variables to the situation.  Maybe the chiefs were the only team offering to move up?  Maybe the bills are working on other deals and need certain picks to make it happen, maybe the Bills are targeting players that they know will be available later on?

• Like (+1) 2

Unless there is something that we are missing, this is a failure. You gave Andy Reid, and the team that you can’t beat, the fastest player in combine history. Why? I was fine going back from 32 to 33 but it should have been 60 (and like 160) for 39 to do that. The Bills haven’t managed this draft well as of now.

With that being said, maybe the vet WR is a part of this. Maybe the Bills add Dejean or Newton and trade 60 (& filler) for Ayiuk or Higgins. They can come back at 95 and add someone like Baker. If the Bills walked out with Dejean, Ayiuk and Baker we should feel pretty good. Weaponizing Mahomes though, is not a good idea.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills can trade the 33th pick for a 5th 5th round draft pick, then the Bills can draft 5 WRs in the 5th round and we can have an incredible Training Camp Battle to see which one of the 5 WRs is the 6th WR on this year’s roster.

I am pumped!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

If Buffalo loved Franklin that much, why wouldn’t they just take him at 32 and get the fifth year option instead of taking him at 33?  Doesn’t make sense. I don’t think Buffalo is done trading down yet. They will do at least one more trade down from 33 if in fact they are taking a WR. So I think it would definitely be for any other position than WR if they do make a pick at 33. 

because the 5th year option amounts to paying a player top 15 salary of his position, you can do the something similar using the franchise tag or if the kid plays that well you pay him well before his 4th year ends. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Doing it the way they did it, according to Sal...they just saved $2.5 million off the cap.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

are the Vikings going to pay his salary this season?  Or can Beane do more creative restructuring… lol

Jefferson’s still on a rookie contract and next year Diggs $ comes off the books.  It’s possible to make this signing but assume it will costs multiple 1sts and/or 2nds 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

apparently moving out of the 1st round has saved them over 2 million on the cap this year.

With all due respect. We got the 2nd best QB in the league and we are worried about minimal cap space for the future?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Beane got worked on these deals, both of them he did not receive equal value…. This organization is gonna waste Josh Allen, smh 

How did he get "worked?"  

Unless we were taking Worthy - which we could have - this was all a plus.  Where is the negative?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s not the trade downs that are absurd 

it’s you traded down with the chiefs and didn’t even get fair market value, if it’s the chiefs the tag should be even higher than market value 

beane got abused on that trade, it’s shockingly bad 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Got to believe we are fielding trade calls all day tomorrow for #33. Bills in no hurry to draft anyone.

If we could move down 3-4 more picks and add an extra 3rd in 2025 I'd consider it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

Doing it the way they did it, according to Sal...they just saved $2.5 million off the cap.

If we are abdicating our picks to the Chiefs in order to save a mere $2.5M, then we are already done.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Unless there is something that we are missing, this is a failure. You gave Andy Reid, and the team that you can’t beat, the fastest player in combine history. Why? I was fine going back from 32 to 33 but it should have been 60 (and like 160) for 39 to do that. The Bills haven’t managed this draft well as of now.

With that being said, maybe the vet WR is a part of this. Maybe the Bills add Dejean or Newton and trade 60 (& filler) for Ayiuk or Higgins. They can come back at 95 and add someone like Baker. If the Bills walked out with Dejean, Ayiuk and Baker we should feel pretty good. Weaponizing Mahomes though, is not a good idea.

COULD YOU IMAGINE THEM WITH JOHN ROSS??!!  He was worthy before worthy!  

wait, they did have him… and he didn’t even crack the roster

speed isn’t everything 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Jefferson’s still on a rookie contract and next year Diggs $ comes off the books.  It’s possible to make this signing but assume it will costs multiple 1sts and/or 2nds 

damn I forgot that, good call.

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

The city of Oakland was willing to contribute over $500 Million towards a new stadium. They wanted the A's to chip in about $50 million. Nope. We're going to Las Vegas for a Australian Opera House copy. I have my "sell" shirt. Thinking about getting my "sell" flag. 

Such a shame. Oakland is a great baseball market and has such a rich history. I'm a Yankees fan and the A's just finished their last trip to the Bronx. I wish the parties would reconsider 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BlazinBill said:

We all are - no harm man- I poked the bear when it was waking up from a slumber with my commentary as I'm typically not thinking it's as bad as it's being made out - it was in fun - I dont take it seriously -

Thanks man. I appreciate ya responding back at me. You got any dudes you want tomorrow. If we can get Mitchell I'd be happy. Im

not even mad about the trade back. Just who we traded with. If not Mitchell  kinda on board with Cooper now and then maybe get Polk. Idk lol I'm all over the place now. 

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Oh, OK.  Still doesn't change that we traded back twice and didn't land an extra pick for either trade.

Not an extra pick...but we did move up significantly.   Plus...according to WGR and Sal, we save $2.5 M on the cap.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Success said:

How did he get "worked?"  

Unless we were taking Worthy - which we could have - this was all a plus.  Where is the negative?

We didn’t get fair market value for moving up 4 spots in the first 

not to mention, it’s your rival so that should add even more to the price. I have no issue with a trade down, getting the return we got from the team we traded with is not nearly good enough… kc cannot believe we made that deal 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3