Things aren't going well in Cincinnati

7 minutes ago, DeepPass said:

Send them our 1st this year, 2 5ths this year and a 2nd next year.  We need an experienced NFL receiver.  We can draft another WR in the 2nd round and then go forward.

We can’t come close to affording them on their existing deals, and they want out of Cinci because they want more! 

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I've been telling you guys for a long time that even though Burrow and Zac Taylor have been trying to build a culture in Cincinnati, Mike Brown is still the owner. They pay cash to the cap, so no one except Burrow and Chase are going to get paid.

That being said, they will tell Hendrickson and Higgins to pound sand and make them play out the year. You can bank on that, so for at least one more year the Bengals are serious contenders. 

in current NFL you can’t pay full price for WB and pay full price on a #1 receiver and pay full price for another #1 and expect to be good. Paying 2 WR top 20 money snd a QB top 10 money will kill you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

That's the kind of dirty this team of boy scouts needs 

Yeah, trying to injure people from the backside away from the play really shows toughness. :rolleyes:

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I didn't say toughness, I said dirty.

Dirty gets you nowhere.

I'd rather add legit toughness, not slimy little skulkers.

It’s nice to see multiple disgruntled players on other teams, we got rid of our number one disgruntled player in Diggs, the rub is we now need to draft his replacement…, 

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Isn't Hendrickson the dirty player that deliberately rolled into Allen's leg 2 years ago and then laid a cheap shot on Haushka when he wad with the Jets in 2018?

False that was Harry Anderson or some such character.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I can't fault them for the Hendrickson contact, as he has a deal in place.  Not speaking to Tee in a year, that's weird.

In fairness, they have a lot of young talent that deserve huge deals.  Not everyone is going to be happy

Ralph is cheap 😂 

39 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

False that was Harry Anderson or some such character.

I know nothing about the Hauschka thing but Tre Hendrickson has absolutely gone for Allen's legs with dirtbag moves, not just once, but at least twice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I know nothing about the Hauschka thing but Tre Hendrickson has absolutely gone for Allen's legs with dirtbag moves, not just once, but at least twice.

Anderson on the Jets years ago, after a blocked fg attempt 

Hauschka Was trotting off the field... Not part of the play 

And Anderson blind side blew him up... Injured him and hauschka was never the same

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They don't have the appetite to keep the team together.    The Brown family have clawed their way from Paul Brown owning like 5%-10% of the team originally to now owning 97%.    They could generate some serious cash without relinquishing any control.    If they wanted to.   They do not.  

Fair. Don't have the liquidity would have been a better phrase.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I know Carolina are pretty dumb … but i think they should definitely draft a guy rather than trade for Higgins at 33…

I don't know.   Higgins is proven and you have Bryce on his rookie deal still.  

For a 2nd, it's a smart move. 

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Why?  We traded Diggs within conference, KC traded Hill within conference.  

Just my opinion. KC didn’t trade Hill to Buffalo, but to our division rival. If Higgins is traded, I don’t think it would be to Buffalo - or KC. 

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

They can not show up to anything and hold out for an extended period. Higgins can sit out until week 11 (I believe) and still get his year accrued towards FA. Hendrickson can sit out all of TC. If they fine him for, it will only tick him off more. Then you have Chase coming up on his contract as well. Great times at WKRP 

12 hours ago, Process said:

Window is closed, that's how this works right?

They peaked when they went to the SuperBowl. The Bills have shown they can turn it on and go deep with shoestring and bubblegum outside of Josh Allen, the Bengals not so much. And Glass Burrow has to show he can play more than one full season in his career. 

If the Bengals' window is open, it has a 'no see um' screen in front of it

3 hours ago, Gigs said:

They peaked when they went to the SuperBowl. The Bills have shown they can turn it on and go deep with shoestring and bubblegum outside of Josh Allen, the Bengals not so much. And Glass Burrow has to show he can play more than one full season in his career. 

They were better in 2022 than in 2021, actually. The only difference in outcome is that they won an extremely close game vs KC in the AFCCG in January 2022 and lost an extremely close game in the AFCCG in January 2023 (on a personal foul call, of all things).

• Agree 3

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They were better in 2022 than in 2021, actually. The only difference in outcome is that they won an extremely close game vs KC in the AFCCG in January 2022 and lost an extremely close game in the AFCCG in January 2023 (on a personal foul call, of all things).

The Bengals were incredibly lucky in 2021.  Every Bengal playoff game was incredibly close.  In the wild-card game, the Raiders had three shots at tying (or winning) the game from the Bengals 9-yard line with 30 seconds left.  In the divisional game against the Titans, Tannehill threw two 4th quarter interceptions including one with 40 seconds left at mid field that set up the Bengals game winning field goal and in the conference championship, one could argue the Chiefs were emotionally spent from the 13 second game.

The 2021 Bengals were probably the weakest AFC team in the Super Bowl in about 20 years.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Virgil said:

I can't fault them for the Hendrickson contact, as he has a deal in place.  Not speaking to Tee in a year, that's weird.

In fairness, they have a lot of young talent that deserve huge deals.  Not everyone is going to be happy

I've got a feeling that Cincy is just waiting to see how the draft plays out for them before confronting Higgins with a contract.

1 minute ago, Billy Claude said:

The Bengals were incredibly lucky in 2021.  Every Bengal playoff game was incredibly close.  In the wild-card game, the Raiders had three shots at tying (or winning) the game from the Bengals 9-yard line with 30 seconds left.  In the divisional game against the Titans, Tannehill threw two 4th quarter interceptions including one with 40 seconds left at mid field that set up the Bengals game winning field goal and in the conference championship, one could argue the Chiefs were emotionally spent from the 13 second game.

The 2021 Bengals were probably the weakest AFC team in the Super Bowl in about 20 years.

The chiefs ran that stupid play before the half that didn't score and ran out of time - which in a 3 point game is kind of important.  

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Gigs said:

And yet, we can't beat them...........interesting.........interesting indeed.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

They can not show up to anything and hold out for an extended period. Higgins can sit out until week 11 (I believe) and still get his year accrued towards FA. Hendrickson can sit out all of TC. If they fine him for, it will only tick him off more. Then you have Chase coming up on his contract as well. Great times at WKRP 

I would say that the latter is the cause of the former - the Bengals probably want to negotiate with Chase and then work out other contracts.

JMO.

17 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Predicting the Bengals try to package Higgins to Chicago to move to #9 if the right player is available still.

Chicago gets: Higgins, #18, #80

Cincy gets #9. 

Thats a VERY steep price for a team that has DJ Moore, KA, Kmet and the ability to get a younger play maker to develop behind the two. 

For some reason, people CLAMOR over Tee Higgins and he has been the most average WR since he came in to the league and he can't stay healthy. He's never hit 75 catches, he has had 1091 and 1029 as his career highs and never more than 7 TDs in a year. 

Giving up #9 for that guy.... seems like lunacy. 

Not to mention, Cinci giving up that much to move up 9 spots is even worse. 

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

once a team breaks the bank for a franchise QB, thats when all this kind of stuff starts.    49ers, Phins, Eagles are next on this sh=t storm scenario.   

Pretty much.  Once a team pays their QB, they can maybe sign 1 other first tier (and expensive) offensive player and 1 first tier (expensive) defensive player.  Then they have to make-do with good to decent older veteran players and youngsters on their rookie contracts.   If the QB can't make the guys around him better, the team is in deep doodoo.  

Mike Brown aside, there's really no way that the Bengals can afford both Chase and Higgins after paying Burrow.  

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Thats a VERY steep price for a team that has DJ Moore, KA, Kmet and the ability to get a younger play maker to develop behind the two. 

For some reason, people CLAMOR over Tee Higgins and he has been the most average WR since he came in to the league and he can't stay healthy. He's never hit 75 catches, he has had 1091 and 1029 as his career highs and never more than 7 TDs in a year. 

Giving up #9 for that guy.... seems like lunacy. 

Not to mention, Cinci giving up that much to move up 9 spots is even worse. 

Not to mention FURTHER - he's coming off an absolutely terrible season.  

• Agree 1