New Threads: Houston Texans edition

That helmet with the H is god aweful putrid. Someone should end their life for thinking of that. The red one isn’t terrible. The others look so much like the other “New Jerseys” coming out by all these teams. They all look like the same to me. A few different color options but exactly the same. 

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm old...all these new designs and colors look like crap. Bills current uniforms are one of the best in the league

I'm not old and I agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

The red helmet is a cool idea but it probably won’t match the red jersey since the helmet seems

to be chrome.

The H helmet is gross and pointless.

The rest is maybe a slight upgrade on what they previously had.

Major downgrade. The old ones had a classic look.

These are just a complete mishmash of design. And they incorporate the worst Nike trends that they’re pushing on every team. Large wordmarks, red helmet with dark blue logo producing chromostereopsis to the human eye (while the jersey has a white outline with the dark blue), no consistency, perforated numbers, incomplete or no pant stripes. The H Color Rush design is absolute trash. Terrible.

F the Nike design group and the teams who accept this 💩 — although I imagine there’s a ton of pressure from Nike and the league to just go with what Nike throws at them. They are destroying everything classic. They’ve done it with baseball too.

I get the bean counters thinking one Uni = $ so three = $$$. But seriously.  This is not how to build a brand (no pun). H-town has a rising star QB and lots of hype and they decide to introduce three unis to a new national audience. 

the dark looks very ATL. 

the red helmet with the horn, good start but no contrast between black and gloss cherry red so the horn is lost btw Minn wants to remind you they have a white horn so don’t even think about it. This might be why the black on red. 

the H logo helmet. Just dumb. No need ($$$ I guess) for this helmet and honestly the H would be better as an accent to all the uniforms on the shoulder or left breast or integrated into the logo (which they seem to have decided they HAVE to keep) which only makes things more confusing. 

finally if you hide the uniform with lots of cropped photos and busy backgrounds, maybe they aren’t quite and cool as you think. But what do I know.