NFL draft rumors 2024

1 hour ago, boyst said:

i just talked to a trusted source in the league. they're predicting 32 picks tonight. i was shocked to hear him say this but i trust him.

Is it still starting at 7? Even if this latest rumour is true you only batting .500

• Haha (+1) 1

Harrison Glaser on X: "Rome Odunze wants to play for the #Jets & loved their facility & their coaches & Joe Douglas: "I think it'd be amazing to play in New York, the Big Apple. It would be awesome to catch passes from Aaron Rodgers. He's one of the 🐐 for sure, one of the best to ever do it. My… https://t.co/EFICdXhck2" / X (twitter.com)

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair, if Rome Udonze gets past 10 (unlikely, in my view, but we'll see), I would have no problem using our 2025 first to move up and get him. He's going to be great, I think.

He looks the part for sure.  

If they do draft him I am going to be yelling "Pax Romana" in every thread since he is named after the roman empire and that Pax Romana was the 200 years of peace in the empire......he will bring peace to the wr room and the locker room...no more cryptic nonsense!

so Pax Romana for Odunze

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This has been my best case scenario all along. Trade back with Washington since they desperately need a LT, in exchange get one of their 3rds. Then double dip at WR in the 2nd, trading up from #60 if necessary to make sure we get our guy.

Trade could look something like this to match the draft value chart:

Washington receives:

Buffalo receives:

Come away with something like Legette & Franklin, and still have a high 3rd round pick plus a full complement of day three picks to fill out the roster.

Or there is a run in WRs after 28 and the Bills crap their pants and draft a S, DE, and LB with #36, #60 and #67 😂 

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This has been my best case scenario all along. Trade back with Washington since they desperately need a LT, in exchange get one of their 3rds. Then double dip at WR in the 2nd, trading up from #60 if necessary to make sure we get our guy.

Trade could look something like this to match the draft value chart:

Washington receives:

Buffalo receives:

Come away with something like Legette & Franklin, and still have a high 3rd round pick plus a full complement of day three picks to fill out the roster.

OBL is now reporting that there is a report (I believe from CBS sports) that there will be an expected run on wide receivers early in the 2nd round.  That could move teams at the top of the round to trade into the bottom of the first round where the run will now start.  So...there may be slim pickens on WRs in the 2nd round.  There are a lot of WR needy teams picking at the top of Round 2.

31 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

OBL is now reporting that there is a report (I believe from CBS sports) that there will be an expected run on wide receivers early in the 2nd round.  That could move teams at the top of the round to trade into the bottom of the first round where the run will now start.  So...there may be slim pickens on WRs in the 2nd round.  There are a lot of WR needy teams picking at the top of Round 2.

Trading back is not a great idea, don't need OBL to tell you that. All the teams around us and behind us could use WR help and those teams at the top of rd2 need WRs. Even staying at 28 could get you jumped...

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Byron Murphy, maybe?

😥

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Trading back is not a great idea, don't need OBL to tell you that. All the teams around us and behind us could use WR help and those teams at the top of rd2 need WRs. Even staying at 28 could get you jumped...

😥

How much longer is Stafford going to go? He’s been absolutely beaten up the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

My thought process all along has been using the 2025 2nd we got in the Diggs trade to move up into the low 50s. I think that would be enough to get it done. The idea being that you use the pick we got for a WR to draft his replacement. There are like 7 WRs that are worth being picked between 28 and 55. I want two of them.

Do you think our 25 second or the Minny pick is more valuable?

46 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

My fear is everyone knows we are going WR and a couple of teams hop us 

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Harrison Glaser on X: "Rome Odunze wants to play for the #Jets & loved their facility & their coaches & Joe Douglas: "I think it'd be amazing to play in New York, the Big Apple. It would be awesome to catch passes from Aaron Rodgers. He's one of the 🐐 for sure, one of the best to ever do it. My… https://t.co/EFICdXhck2" / X (twitter.com)

My takeaway from that is he already recognizes that they're the New Jersey Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'd only go back as far as 33 depending on how many WRs go in the first round before 28.

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is surprising!  Odunze and Williams seem to have this whole bromance going.  On the other hand with only 4 picks it makes a lot of sense.  Man I love the draft lol.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's the sweet spot for Odunze if he falls. Gotta get in front of the Jets if we want him. Our 2nd this year plus our 1st next year should get it done.

I could see the jets buying and flipping picks with the bears to flip it one more time. 

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

This is surprising!  Odunze and Williams seem to have this whole bromance going.  On the other hand with only 4 picks it makes a lot of sense.  Man I love the draft lol.

I’ve said this before, but I’d rather sit in a Bills draft room than attend a Bills Super Bowl. I’ve done that once, but I’ve never sniffed a war room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve said this before, but I’d rather sit in a Bills draft room than attend a Bills Super Bowl. I’ve done that once, but I’ve never sniffed a war room. 

Man, that would be great! Do they let you drink alcohol in the war room? 

11 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

ESPN+ is a joke, do people really bother?

I do. I like hockey and for the package and price it’s a great deal.

Edited by Beast

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's the sweet spot for Odunze if he falls. Gotta get in front of the Jets if we want him. Our 2nd this year plus our 1st next year should get it done.

I think we have to at least add a 4th this year. Bears only have 2 picks after 9.  They are going to want at least 3 picks back this year in a trade IMO

10 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Man, that would be great! Do they let you drink alcohol in the war room? 

You might have to shell out a billion or two to have some “partner sway”.  But, sure!  👍 🍺 

You see those clips of all the people in there, and that must be cool as hell to see in person. I think Cowherd sat in on the Chargers war room a while ago. Apparently I don’t travel in the right circles. 

Edited by Augie

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Is Odunze worth that many picks considering the depth at WR in this draft?

Quite possibly. He’s potentially a star vs getting average starters elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1