Diggs traded to Texans for picks

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, we got no picks this year.  2025 2nd rounder via Vikings.  

We sent them Diggs, 6th this year and 5th next year.  

Schefter calls that a blockbuster trade?

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

I thought for sure he was hurt....

but he participated in all the pro bowl stuff

Exactly, even though it's flag football, he'd be sitting out if hurt.

His game declined, and wasn't as integral to the offense.  Shakir/Kincaid stepped up. 

Adding Samuels and young WRs in draft might make us better next season

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, technobot said:

Was he toxic behind the scenes? I was sick of his passive-aggressive BS but I'm a Gen Xer who is sick of all social media anyway so wtf do I know (obligatory get off my lawn). And yes, I was thrilled for trading for him when it first happened, despite all of this being his MO.

Guess the brain trust is all in on eat our medicine now to set ourselves up for later. Just shocked it came to this considering the dead cap from Diggs' trade and already needing a #2, and now needing a #1.

It had to have been.  They were willing to eat $31 million for him.  

I also don't think they trade Diggs without Allen's "permission".  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

we need DATA and what has actually occurred here.  I thought the same as you regarding his contract. We were basically "stuck with him" I thought due to his contract  and potential cap hit

Sorry, that was sarcasm. Diggs was definitely always tradable. And not just tradable, advantageous for the receiving team. Diggs contract going forward for Houston is  middle of the pack for WR1 across the league and there is next to zero cap implication for them to move on from him at any point because of the restructure. And the delta for the Bills is $3M this year. That is it. Now they have some more cap freedom going forward. 

Not to be a blowhard or specifically kick you in the shins, but this was explained over and over and over again by a lot of posters.

• Like (+1) 1

Why to Houston for a 2025 pick?

I don't mind trading him, but if it's going to be to an AFC contender, you have to get more in return. 

Same trade to Carolina and I would have no issue with it. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

and a pick this year and next year. Bad trade IMO. 

Hes 31 and his cap hit was gonna be 27.3M next season, meaning the Bills would have cut him and saved 5M or attempted to trade him  and likely gotten considerably less than a 2nd rounder back. 

If the Bills were able to get a 2nd out of this that’s a tremendous business by Beane

• Like (+1) 2

For the record, I like the move.  Enough is enough. 

Has this new era of WRs shown you all nothing?   Do you realize the kind of numbers a Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave would be putting up with Josh Allen at QB?  

I'm a Brandon Beane fan.   He gets it. 

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been saying that Diggs isn't a number 1 receiver anymore and that his issues are concerning, but I thought we were locked with him for another season at least. I guess the Bills decided to just rip off the bandaid.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Let's put it in perspective. Diggs became a really expensive decoy last year. First ten games Dorsey forced him the ball and even when he eclisped 100 yards we lost half those games.  We lose his salary, gain some capital and I believe Beane has a plan. 

I’m not sure about capital. They got a 2025 second, gave up a 6th this year and a 5th next year to move him. Feels like Beane got beat up on this one 

• Like (+1) 1

I have mixed feelings about this. It feels almost seems very “Patriot Way” like. We’re dumping a player who’s on the wrong side of 30, looking to future. I’m sad to see someone leave who meant so much to the Bills when we became contenders. We’re letting a player go who apart from Allen is the only elite talent on the roster. It feels like a divorce where I’m remembering all the good times, and everything Diggs should be to help us win a title. However, there’s another side that thinks Diggs isn’t that guy anymore. He might not be an elite receiver, he might have become the guy we saw during the second half of last season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Process said:

Why to Houston for a 2025 pick?

I don't mind trading him, but if it's going to be to an AFC contender, you have to get more in return. 

Same trade to Carolina and I would have no issue with it. 

Its the Vikings pick, who wont be very good likely. So could be a high 2nd rounder.

This is awesome!!  Everyone losing their 💩, needs to calm their breasts!

They obviously have a plan here.  Dude was not what he was when we first got him.

He's getting older and wasn't great, down the stretch, when we needed him.

He WAS a distraction, whether media-driven or not.

I think they're targeting another free agent...and are using draft picks, to move up for a top WR in draft.

Edited by dhbGT500
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What a joke. The best receiver we’ve had in 20 years and away he goes. Pathetic. Looks like more of a step back this season than I thought. 

Need a push? I’ll volunteer.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What a joke. The best receiver we’ve had in 20 years and away he goes. Pathetic. Looks like more of a step back this season than I thought. 

Diggs was amazing in 2020 and 2021. But he's 30 years old and his play has shown signs of dropping off, especially in the second half of each of the last two seasons. Add in all of the personality issues, however legitimate they may be, and I believe this was the right time to move on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I have a feeling the Bills saw the Chiefs without Tyreek and said "we can do that too". They'll lean more on the run game and short game passing. Diggs wasn't as important with Brady although it'd be stupid to totally downplay him. You still need to draft a WR early but you needed to do that even with Diggs. 

That's as good as compensation as you'll get unfortunately. 

Edited by stlbills13
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, PauleeeWalnuts said:

I’m not sure about capital. They got a 2025 second, gave up a 6th this year and a 5th next year to move him. Feels like Beane got beat up on this one 

The bills were never gonna use 11 draft picks, and losing a 6th is losing a player who’s odds of making the game day roster was incredibly low 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Patriots would have traded him 2 years ago before he hit a wall and would not have extended him.   

So, do we really want to be the Patriots here???

I’ll pass!    😋

I want to see what the numbers look like, but it’s almost like he was trying to wear people out. It seems that’s just who he is, and he will probably give it his all early on in Houston. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

So much for all the constant  "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE"  "HE CAN'T BE MOVED"  

He can, it's just completely idiotic to do so.

And yet here we are!