Epenesa re-signing, 2-year deal

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Mr inconsistent is back.  I know some fans love him,but I don't get why other then we drafted him.  

He's 9th in his draft class in sacks, all despite having 2.5 in his first two seasons. Upside my man.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Let’s bring back more of the same guys who disappear in the playoffs.

yayyyyyyyyyy

I just LOVE SEAN

Nothing wrong with cheap young talent coming off their best season ever 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LEBills said:

Nice, he was playing well up until he injured his ribs late last year. 6.5 sacks, 2 picks, and 8 passes defended is pretty good for a guy who only played 36% of defensive snaps

I'd think that number is going to go up substantially. 

I like this.  I think most people on the board had him written off as a goner but I always felt like there was a good chance the Bills would try to retain him if they could.  Still has the potential to become even better and even if not he is a good depth guy for the DL rotation.

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Mr inconsistent is back.  I know some fans love him,but I don't get why other then we drafted him.  

How it works. If he did not resign not many would love him, it would be he was not worth keeping. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yeah I'd be happy with 8 mil per, rising to 10-12 per if he hits double digit sacks.

Either way, I would rather have him than Floyd.

I’d be absolutely livid if we paid him that much. 

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Since undergoing a body transformation a couple years ago, he's been a different player entirely. As far as a rotational Edge player, he's been pretty darn consistent the past couple seasons. Some guys are late bloomers. 

• Agree 3

Just now, BillMafia716ix said:

AJ is okay but he’s really inconsistent. Started off great but fell off during the back half of season. I don’t get the love affair with him. 

I agree, I think he and boogie were terrible picks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Fair deal, I was expecting AJE to get a larger deal as a ascending player who is ready to take on a bigger role. 5 million cheaper than Floyd makes the choice a win for Beane IMO.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's a good deal if they think he can get more snaps (which he should) and up his game some.

Fair for both sides.

For the record, here is the Groot, Floyd and AJE breakdown for the season.  The % is their total snaps.  Not a lot of tackles but missed out on a bunch of snaps as well.

groot
PD 4
FF 1 
FR 1
SK 5
TKL 30
53%

floyd
PD 1
FF 1
Tkl 21

SK 10.5
54%

AJE
PD 8
FF 1
FR 1

SK 6.5
Tkl 9
36%

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Since undergoing a body transformation a couple years ago, he's been a different player entirely. As far as a rotational Edge player, he's been pretty darn consistent the past couple seasons. Some guys are late bloomers. 

he gets his hand on a lot of passes, has a fair amount of hit QB as he throws plays and is a violent heavy hitter

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

How many years are we gonna use this excuse for?   It’s about four right now 

• Agree 2

If you figure there are 32 teams who collectively start 64 edge rushers...

AJ was in the top third of the league in pressure percentage last season.

Ascending player. Glad we kept him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Love this, especially at that price.  Its a win-win for both sides...2 year deal, so if AJE continues to ascend, especially with his role increasing again this year, he has a chance to cash in after 2 years.  And its a team friendly deal for the next 2 years for the Bills giving us a quality DE at a good price.  

I would MUCH rather have AJE on this deal than Floyd on the deal he signed with Niners.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

How many years are we gonna use this excuse for?   It’s about four right now 

Idk what you're talking about. If you haven't noticed a difference in his performance the last two seasons - I don't know what to tell you. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

For the record, here is the Groot, Floyd and AJE breakdown for the season.  The % is their total snaps.  Not a lot of tackles but missed out on a bunch of snaps as well.

groot
PD 4
FF 1 
FR 1
SK 5
TKL 30
53%

floyd
PD 1
FF 1
Tkl 21
54%

AJE
PD 8
FF 1
FR 1
Tkl 9
36%

AJE had 6.5 sacks last year.  If he can keep his pace up with more snaps they will look to sign him long term IMO.

This is a "prove you can do it" contract.  I like it.  If he fails, they can drop him next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

AJE had 6.5 sacks last year.  If he can keep his pace up with more snaps they will look to sign him long term IMO.

This is a "prove you can do it" contract.  I like it.  If he fails, they can drop him next year.

thank you, completely left that off for him and will update my post.  Also left them off of Floyd too.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

he’s been inconsistent game to game yes but overall is trending up.