Morse to Jacksonville

Just now, ChevyVanMiller said:

I am happy for Mitch but a bit confused. I thought that the legal tampering window did not officially open until noon? Wouldn’t Jacksonville be in violation having this come out now?

Morse was released. Free to sign whenever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I am happy for Mitch but a bit confused. I thought that the legal tampering window did not officially open until noon? Wouldn’t Jacksonville be in violation having this come out now?

Anyone released can be immediately signed 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

also. this promises us a 12th round comp pick because the jets will let their left handed Ethiopian-Thai special backup long snapping coach sign with the colts.

It might end up being a 13th rounder...........dont count your chickens buddy

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, benderbender said:

He’s a good guy. He got the money we couldn’t give him. But that officially means the mourning period is over. 

Over It Crying GIF by TLC

I don’t buy that.  The Bills could have extended him for 2-3 years.  They didn’t want to likely because of his age and injury history.  

If you want to know the true value of a player, look how much money and attention he gets in Free Agency.

Love Morse, happy he got paid, but he is getting HALF what we were due to pay him this year.

Good move by Beane and glad Morse ended up on a solid, young team. Good weather, good taxes. Not a division rival.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Jags got better we got worse with thus move

depends on how you look at it. It's a great signing for them at that price IMHO. I'm surprised he didn't get more.

Directly, did we get worse? I would say probably since he has always been a great and steady player for us at C. Indirectly? we needed that cap space, which we need for now and the future. And the unknown part is how Conner McGovern will perform at C. When we lost Tremaine Edmunds we thought we'd have a significant drop off, and then enter Terrel Bernard who surprised us all.

42 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

They were a mess at the end of last season.  Not worried about the Jags.  That being said, good for Morse.  Real solid player and a real good leader.  Best of luck.  But won't mind seeing Trevor boy get his assed kick all season long..

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

You seem to be able to see into the future.., or you just had a knee jerk reaction, remember Edmunds? And the hole 🕳 he supposedly would leave in our defense? In actuality it never happened …, and we got better because of him being let go…, 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

If you want to know the true value of a player, look how much money and attention he gets in Free Agency.

Love Morse, happy he got paid, but he is getting HALF what we were due to pay him this year.

Good move by Beane and glad Morse ended up on a solid, young team. Good weather, good taxes. Not a division rival.

$7M guaranteed for what could well end up being a one-year contract.

And they are signing him at 32 while we signed him at 30.

They'd have loved to have kept him but didn't want to deal with the cap problems it would have entailed.

Anyway, good for Mitch. A great guy. We're not as good on the field without him.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

They didn’t want to likely because of his age and injury history.  

Personally,  I think they wanted someone at center who could anchor better against big DT's as much as they wanted younger/healthier.

Morse could be pushed around in tight quarters and with the concussion history I think that was something he had to concede in his game to stay healthy.   Eric Wood had to adjust his game similarly after all of his injuries early in his career as well(including having his leg snapped trying to anchor against a bigger DT).

2 pages and no "see, we should have drafted Creed Humphrey 4 years ago" references? ;)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Personally,  I think they wanted someone at center who could anchor better against big DT's as much as they wanted younger/healthier.

Morse could be pushed around in tight quarters and with the concussion history I think that was something he had to concede in his game to stay healthy.   Eric Wood had to adjust his game similarly after all of his injuries early in his career as well(including having his leg snapped trying to anchor against a bigger DT).

2 pages and no "see, we should have drafted Creed Humphrey 4 years ago" references? ;)

I can see that as well

• Like (+1) 1