Free agency tracker

It’s 11:05 outside the Ralph, distant headlights draw near. A 1975 Camaro pulls into the lot, “Creed” playing on the radio.

”CAN YOU TAKE MEE HIGHERRRR”

The engine is shut off, head lights die. 

A man steps out, ripped jeans, muscle shirt, and patched jean jacket. He tosses his sun glasses onto the dash. You need sunglasses at night when the future is so bright.

He takes a look at the dark, still building, then heads in the opposite direction. To The Pit. 

When he reaches the bottom, he lights a cigarette and takes a single drag, exhaling slowly. He flicks it into a bundle in the middle of the crater, which is instantly engulfed in flames. Legend says this was in slow motion. 

The assistant walks carefully towards him through the rubble, carrying a tray. Where did his assistant come from? The Pit never reveals her secrets. 

On this tray is a single Razor flip phone and a 6-pack of beer.

It’s time for Beane After Dark. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Haha (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Kennedy has about as much of a chance of winning the election as I do. Rodgers would have to have completely lost his mind on a psychedelic journey to give up his comeback (and quite possibly his career) on a futile bid to become Vice President.

It is what it is, but Rodgers is .. by all reports- open to it .. and he’s on a short list with Mike Rowe, Jesse Ventura and himself.

Hes the only one with a domain name taken out.  

Again, I highly doubt this happens, but, why the domain name around the time RFK said he decided on his VP and will announce in the next two weeks… 

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Ah, so some Cincy fans are just as delusional as some Bills fans. Good to know.

People acting like since they couldn't re-sign Cousins, Minnesota's going into full on sell mode.

They were always aware of this possibility. They placed a price on Cousins and were fine with going to the Draft for his replacement if it went out of their range.

They aren't sitting their like "sh-t couldn't get Cousins, well time to trade the best young WR in the NFL". There's no legitimate reports of a Jefferson trade being a real thing. Just fans running away with their "wouldn't it be cool?" thoughts and wishing for something that isn't there.

They have to re-up Chase soon. Higgins is one thing. But in no scenario can you carry Burrow, Jefferson, and Chase on the same billing book.

The shiny object brigade knows no borders.

• Thank you (+1) 1

That is....SO MUCH F'N money for a 30 year-old-receiver.

My goodness.

Ridley is a good player, and he was a few freaky TD drops away from having had very good statistical season last year in a middling Jaguars offense.

But...yikes. In a year this loaded with WR talent in the draft? To pay THAT kind of money for a WR?!

Yowwwwza.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2

Just now, Logic said:

My goodness.

Ridley is a good player, and he was a few freaky TD drops away from having had an elite receiving season last year in a middling Jaguars offense.

But...yikes. In a year this loaded with WR talent in the draft? To pay THAT kind of money for a WR?!

Yowwwwza.

They are paying DHop too. I guess they believe in Levis.

I wonder if Burks is on the block.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

My goodness.

Ridley is a good player, and he was a few freaky TD drops away from having had an elite receiving season last year in a middling Jaguars offense.

Yowwwwza.

Totally coincidental I'm sure.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

My goodness.

Ridley is a good player, and he was a few freaky TD drops away from having had very good statistical season last year in a middling Jaguars offense.

Yowwwwza.

No doubt. Like our Von Miller effect. We need X, go over-spend on an older guy. Pray he is elite for 3-4 years into this mid thirties.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I wonder if Burks is on the block.

I'm a real sucker for trading late round picks for supremely physically talented former high round picks in need of a 2nd chance.

I guess that's my way of saying that if Burks IS on the block and the Titans would like a 5th or 6th round pick for him....I'm in!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Well it should be obvious to Bills fans - covering two receivers is much harder than one. Having two legit guys to guard drastically changes what the D can do against. Huge overpay but can do that when you have the cash. 

Having Will Levis's top two receiving options be a 30-year-old and a 31-year-old -- and both on big contracts -- seems...kinda weird to me?

I mean, on the one hand, he's got reliable vets to lean on. On the other hand, you'd think you'd want a youngster at the position that Levis can grow with? 

Plus, deciding not to pay 24-year-old AJ Brown and then deciding to pay 30-year-old Ridley two offseasons later (yes I know it's a different front office) is such a weird look for the Titans.

Maybe I'm crazy. Probably not. I think they're building their team weirdly.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

My goodness.

Yowwwwza.

As I have noted before in here, owners may be billionaires, and on the surface they may appear to be "smart", but a lot of them really are not too smart. Being rich does not equal being intelligent, shrewd, and/or smart.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't know how the Bills are going to get an "insurance" WR to replace Gabe with how most of these deals are for WRs.  Even a WR3 is going to cost a lot.

They did that already. Mack Hollins. Another big-bodied, downfield threat, run blocking guy that can start opposite Diggs in a pinch but hopefully won't have to once they draft a rookie high.

WR1 Diggs
WR2 ??? (hopefully rookie)
WR3 Shakir
WR4 ??? (hopefully rookie or another FA)
WR5 Hollins/Shorter

Edited by Logic

Just now, Logic said:

Having Will Levis's top two receiving options be a 30-year-old and a 31-year-old -- and both on big contracts -- seems...kinda weird to me?

I mean, on the one hand, he's got reliable vets to lean on. On the other hand, you'd think you'd want a youngster at the position that Levis can grow with? 

Plus, deciding not to pay 24-year-old AJ Brown and then deciding to pay 30-year-old Ridley two offseasons later (yes I know it's a different front office) is such a weird look for the Titans.

Maybe I'm crazy. Probably not. I think they're building their team weirdly.

I think whoever the GM was when traded AJ Brown no longer on team after that season when traded brown I might be wrong.

Horrible trade whoever made that.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

As I have noted before in here, owners may be billionaires, and on the surface they may appear to be "smart", but a lot of them really are not too smart. Being rich does not equal being intelligent, shrewd, and/or smart.

GMs make most of the decisions although occasionally they do put valuable input as Pegula did on Josh recruitment trip.  Usually the issue is when owners override the people they are paying to do evaluations and do football decisions as $nyder did wanting players signed to attend to his parties.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

They did that already. Mack Hollins. Another big-bodied, downfield threat, run blocking guy that can start opposite Diggs in a pinch but hopefully won't have to once they draft a rookie high.

WR1 Diggs
WR2 ??? (hopefully rookie)
WR3 Shakir
WR4 ??? (hopefully rookie or another FA)
WR5 Hollins/Shorter

That replaces Gabe's production but not the position.  Need a WR2/3 as insurance in case we end up pulling an Elam.

Edited by The Wiz