Siran Neal released

We have to not only be under the cap this time next week,but have money to sign anyone IF we actually do out of the gate.

I would guess he had a time limit to agents on his take it or leave it deals / restructures, and today was it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is all happening too fast for me to process. Poyer gone, Douglas restructured, Neal gone. Beane isn't messing around about the cap. I love the moves personally.

you just processed them 

• Haha (+1) 2

Beane seems like he's making the necessary moves.  I'm pleasantly surprised, aside from the sentimental aspect with Poyer. (even though it's the right move)

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I wonder what other surprises Beane has up his sleeve for today.....

They're going to have to do something with Taron Johnson's contract this week....probably a contract extension.  He has a $12M cap number right now. 

Taron and Neil came in together, same draft.   

This might be heresy, but I felt Taron was losing a step last year.  He was beat quite often, I don't want to prolong his contract.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His ‘Teams play took a dive last year, didn’t it? 

He also offers nothing on Defense

Oddly enough, while I thought he looked terrible at time on ST I thought he actually played passably whenever he was in on defense. 

• Agree 1

These were the easy decisions. Tre and his 6 million savings will be next, Harty and his 4.1 million savings too, maybe Morse and his 8.5 million worth of savings or a Taron and/or Dion extension too

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Oddly enough, while I thought he looked terrible at time on ST I thought he actually played passably whenever he was in on defense. 

he would have made a difference had he been playing the entire time against Kelce. he came in and it changed the matchup. but it was too late.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, LEBills said:

These were the easy decisions. Tre and his 6 million savings will be next, Harty and his 4.1 million savings too, maybe Morse and his 8.5 million worth of savings or a Taron and/or Dion extension too

I hate to say it but I don't want Taron extended. He was not great much of the first half of the season and think the older he gets the less time he'll see on the field and result in over paying him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I hate to say it but I don't want Taron extended. He was not great much of the first half of the season and think the older he gets the less time he'll see on the field and result in over paying him. 

Agreed but I think the Bills will want to keep him around rather than release him for the $7+ million cap savings. He did play better the second half of the year so it’s one of there better options if they need more space. 

I love this.... Poyer gone, Neal gone, Hines gone, Hyde gone... don't drag it out. Rip the band aid off!!!!  Clean up the cap now.  We are old and slow in safeties.   This does not mean these guys are not in our hearts forever... but we need to get aggressive to clean up the cap.... Constant restructure and extensions will have to come due eventually. 

Sorry, but we have ton of draft pics and we were quite old.  Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Smith (among others) were all getting old and expensive so over 2 years we got rid of them all.  We have been through this before... except Josh is still here with a top flight TE, WR, RB, 2 LBs and a solid OL.... all in or near their prime....  and Josh is not Todd Collins.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You just can't have a ST'er making that much $ knowing that they offer nothing in terms of depth to the team.  

Yes, it's nice to have those guys but they become a luxury when you have to start paying your star QB

Tyler Matakevich can wave goodbye too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Agreed but I think the Bills will want to keep him around rather than release him for the $7+ million cap savings. He did play better the second half of the year so it’s one of there better options if they need more space. 

It's a double edged sword with him. Personally as great as he been, he's not the true big nickel this defense needs.

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Taron and Neil came in together, same draft.   

This might be heresy, but I felt Taron was losing a step last year.  He was beat quite often, I don't want to prolong his contract.  

You mean 2nd team all pro Taron Johnson??? Really?

• Thank you (+1) 2