Josh playing with Tiger today

Seventeen

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

He needs to focus on football 

Selfishly, I wish he didn’t love golf almost as much as he loves football. Time spent practicing that sport would be spent elsewhere and some of that “elsewhere” would trickle down to his number one sport in some way or another. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Selfishly, I wish he didn’t love golf almost as much as he loves football. Time spent practicing that sport would be spent elsewhere and some of that “elsewhere” would trickle down to his number one sport in some way or another. 

Be prepared to be lectured by sanctimonious bills fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

NFL players deserve some down time.  I don't begrudge them playing some golf in the off season.  Plus...perhaps playing with Tiger he can receive some mental pointers regarding steadiness in the face of game adversity.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What Josh is golfing in the offseason, doesn't he know he should only Football and Football related things since he's supposed to be super focused on that? It's not like he does it for fun and even if he was at the point where he was getting back into things after time off to rest his body he'd still take time to do it because why the hell wouldn't he.

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

NFL players deserve some down time.  I don't begrudge them playing some golf in the off season.  Plus...perhaps playing with Tiger he can receive some mental pointers regarding steadiness in the face of game adversity.  

Josh really can help Tiger with that nowadays

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Golf takes a lot of mental focus, and it will keep him using his muscles etc. I have no problem with him playing golf.

Nyheim Hines recommends golf over jet skis. 

• Haha (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Golf takes a lot of mental focus, and it will keep him using his muscles etc. I have no problem with him playing golf.

Tiger is right there with MJ and Tom Brady on the Mt. Rushmore of athletes with the greatest mental advantage.  If Josh can learn a thing or two from being around Tiger I'm all for it

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Do we care?

No because OTA's begin in the middle of April so this is a 2.5-3 ish month break for him after a grind of a season.

Some people are the extreme legendary workers like Tom Brady or Jerry Rice.  Some are the work hard just during the season like Lawrence Taylor and Brett Farve.  Towards the end of Farve's career, he didn't really put time into camp.  I do believe Allen is focused when it's time for football.

I wish Allen was like Brady and Rice, but I'm not going to complain.  He's the best we've had and just bring us at least one Josh.

But, Allen publicly admitted this, he will get more scrutiny in games he struggles in.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

He needs to focus on football 

He also needs to be Josh Allen.

Side note:  this is great he meets and sees some of these top athletes.  Any nuggets of info Allen gets regarding being great, perseverance, etc. should be welcomed by us fans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.