Leslie Frazier interviewing for Dolphins DC

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I know people are gonna joke here, but I don't want a DC in the division who knows Allen that well and can tell McDaniels about what he expects McDermott to do.  

Has anyone been able to stop Josh other than himself?  When Josh has a bad game, it's rarely, if ever, because of the opponent's DC.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I think fraiser takes alot of unnecessary flack. I know he was super frustrating at times, but the outcome this year was no different without him

I dont think we make the playoffs if Frazier is the DC.  The D was more aggressive this year which lead to turnovers that won us games, when the offense left the D for dead.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Has anyone been able to stop Josh other than himself?  When Josh has a bad game, it's rarely, if ever, because of the opponent's DC.  

The Giants game. 

The Jets more so than anyone else, but you do have a point. 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Didn’t Fangio run a 3-4 whereas Frazier’s defense is more of a 4-3? 

Yes. 

Leslie is a good coach though. He'd be a good hire for Miami. And their personnel is pretty transferrable for the most part.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes. 

Leslie is a good coach though. He'd be a good hire for Miami. And their personnel is pretty transferrable for the most part.

Wonder how that will help a guy like Chubb who shined in the OLB role. 

Frazier’s a good man and solid DC.  That doesn’t mean we should be “concerned” if he goes to Miami.

And by the way…as accurately stated by many of us, Leslie’s “year off” was the softest firing ever.

• Agree 1

I get that the funny and popular thing to do amongst many Bills fans is to poke fun at Leslie Frazier or act as if he isn't/wasn't a good DC. While he certainly wasn't perfect and his basic defenses and lack of disguise sometimes frustrated me, let's look at the facts:

Buffalo Bills ranking in points per game allowed by year under Leslie Frazier:

2019: 2nd
2020: 14th
2021: 1st

2022: 4th

Now, the Bills defense did finish 4th in points per game allowed this year, indicating that Frazier shouldn't garner all the praise for the defensive success with this roster. 

On the flip side, the blame that gets thrown Frazier's way for the defense turning to paper tigers once the playoffs hit, well...guess what? That happened again this year (and yes, obviously the injuries played a part).

Bottom line: Leslie Frazier is one of the best and most respected teachers, leaders, and defensive minds in the NFL for a reason. 

I won't lose any sleep if he becomes the Dolphins' defensive coordinator, but I certainly won't be chuckling or praying for it to happen, either.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I dont think we make the playoffs if Frazier is the DC.  The D was more aggressive this year which lead to turnovers that won us games, when the offense left the D for dead.

Ya I definitely think McDermott got the most out of this defense possible, and most likely McDermott is probably a better DC than Fraizer 

Sounds like a move that weakens Miami after having Fangio, who was hamstrung by injuries.  Frazier a good coach but he was too bend don’t break for my taste and never brought extra pressure, wanting extra DBs. If you have a dominant front that’s fine, but good QBs carve you up with time to operate.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't see how this disproves that theory? Who knows what happened.

The theory was that Frazier was done being a DC and would only accept a HC job.

The whole taking a year off thing was just code for fired-without-having-the-label-of-fired IMO. Aka, McDermott has such respect for Frazier that he allowed him to leave gracefully.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

The theory was that Frazier was done being a DC and would only accept a HC job.

The whole taking a year off thing was just code for fired-without-having-the-label-of-fired IMO. Aka, McDermott has such respect for Frazier that he allowed him to leave gracefully.

He’s done that with a few of his coaches too. 

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He’s done that with a few of his coaches too. 

I still don’t know what in the world happened with Chad Hall.

Did he not want to be back? Did we not want him back? Weird situation:

35 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I disagree.  Josh has bad games sometimes when the receivers just aren't getting open.  The opposing DC might have something to do with that.

And he has bad games sometimes when he's under duress.  Again, the DC is part of that.  

Of course, there are other games when the DC seems to have a competent game plan, but Josh succeeds anyway because of his ability to make unlikely plays.  

49 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think fraiser takes alot of unnecessary flack. I know he was super frustrating at times, but the outcome this year was no different without him

Not an apples to apples comparison.  The last time Frazer was the DC against KC in the playoffs the defense gave up 42 points, including 17 points in the final 2 min of the game and OT.  This year the defense was missing a lot and still amongst the league leaders in sacks, interceptions, takeaways, and point differential and held KC in the playoffs to 27 points including holding KC to no points the final 2 KC drives before Buffalo missed both the go ahead TD followed by the missed game tying FG try.  

And this defense fielded guys off the street at LB against a team who makes a living attacking LB's offensively.   And even then, if not for Dawkins stepping on Allens foot on the 2nd and 9 play, we go up 4 and might have won the game.  Not to mention the Shefield dropps, Diggs monster drop, etc.  

So...not the same result of watching a Frazier led D crap the bed in the post season IMHO.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I still don’t know what in the world happened with Chad Hall.

Did he not want to be back? Did we not want him back? Weird situation:

Probably both. If there was truth to McD being upset with the coach/player boundaries, they both may have opted to part ways.

44 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't see how this disproves that theory? Who knows what happened.

The story was that he needed a year off and was planning to come back in 2024....

If he left on his own accord and is welcome in Buffalo, why isn't he coming to Buffalo? Why is he looking for a job in Miami?

Actually, this does disprove the theory.

IT was pure BS in the first place; can't imagine anyone actually believed it.

Lots of fans don't have much experience in the corporate world.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

I know people are gonna joke here, but I don't want a DC in the division who knows Allen that well and can tell McDaniels about what he expects McDermott to do.  

In fairness, he also knew about Mahomes pretty well and that didn’t help stop KC all that much…🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.