Am I the only one not planning on watching Chiefs/Ravens??

Special K

14 hours ago, Special K said:

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

Sorry bro, I'm gonna watch it and enjoy it regardless. Ya I want the bills to be playing, but I love football and we only have 3 games left 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Special K said:

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

Flying home from Key West so hopefully I can watch on southwest’s app. I’m a football fan first and foremost, so of course I’d watch.  It’s not a “change my flight” event like it would be if the Bills were playing, but with only three NFL games left, I’m feeling the void throughout the remainder of grey days in Buffalo 

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll be watching … I’m a football fan and there are only three games left 

Same.  It is long drought until the next season in September.  I’m watching all 3 games even though I’m not excited about either team winning.  I’m with Jeremy from WGR, and rooting for Baltimore as I can’t stomach another Chiefs SB.  I’m also rooting for the Lions as they deserve it after decades of mediocrity.  Besides, how can you not like Dan Campbell.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m obviously frustrated the Chiefs keep knocking us out but I don’t hate them. And if it couldn’t be us, Lamar is probably the player I most want to see win a Super Bowl so people can finally shut up about if you can ever win playoff games with him, so I am excited to watch this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I truly believe KC gets throttled. It will then show the uneducated football world and the causally football fan that the Bills were in fact playing with a back up defense and almost pulled off the win. I also will feel better because in my heart of hearts I believed that even if the Bills won they would have taken a beating in the AFCCG. Go Bills 2024!

OMG… dude…it’s 2024… not 1964!

There are Pools, Over/Unders, Money Lines, First Half’s, First TDs, # 2 Passes, etc., etc.

It’s all about the BENJAMINS!

Ask the NFL… They’re with me…(tensofmillionsofothers)

Btw, this is not me normally, but I’ve got both favs.

Finally, I don’t believe Lamar will ***** up this opportunity. The Ravens are equal on Offence and far, far better on D!

And in the other, it’s a clear and fast track in San Jose @ 67F + Samuel back. Tomorrow? He’ll be Purdy good… no really good!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not watching. These days I care about my teams, but otherwise don't really care about sports. It's become such a money grab at almost every level that it's hard to stomach. If I watch the Super Bowl it's because my wife wants to watch it. I'm still pissed about the Bills losing. Watching the Chiefs and Ravens play Sunday would only dig at a scab that isn't even hard yet.

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

I look forward to see the Chefs get destroyed by the Ravens.  Please beat KC by 30+ points!

For some reason I am on the opposite side. At this point the Chiefs continuing to win does not move the needle for me either direction. It's just status quo. What I don't want is another team/QB outside of the Chiefs for the media to go crazy over. I'll be rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Ravens by 30. 

16 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll be watching … I’m a football fan and there are only three games left 

This, and then no meaningful football until mid September 

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I’m obviously frustrated the Chiefs keep knocking us out but I don’t hate them. And if it couldn’t be us, Lamar is probably the player I most want to see win a Super Bowl so people can finally shut up about if you can ever win playoff games with him, so I am excited to watch this one. 

People that think you can't win playoff games with Lamar are clueless idiots. He's a fantastic player. That said, it's not all about Lamar this year like it was in 2019 when he won MVP. The Ravens defense is ridiculously good. Don't they keep saying they are the first defense ever to be #1 in three different major statistical categories? 

For selfish reasons of not wanting our guys passed up I'll root for the status quo of a Chiefs Super Bowl. There are enough idiots already who think Burrow is clearly better than Allen just based on one Super Bowl appearance. Never mind the fact that the Bengals defense to date has pretty much never layed an egg or let Burrow down in the postseason, even in the Bengal's losses they played well. 

Bills are out, I've got better things to do.  I have MUCH respect for Harbaugh but I'm not much into the Ravens and I'm definitely sour on Kermit, Love Brother Kelce, and the Chefs.

I miss the days of having the Pro Bowl to look forward to.  Ready for the draft!

dave-chappelle-i-m-free-639v0346xhzmp2su

• Haha (+1) 1

Call me a conspiracy guy but idk yea we blew it but I can’t help but see the nfl in a way that is legit sonetimes

like how does KC go from absolutely terrible to magically playing MARGINALLY better than their regular season gaffes into the late season?

how does that just - idk turn on like a switch every year?

happened with the patriots too - it’s mind blowing 

so yeah I don’t think Lamar has a shot

KC will just magically click on all cylinders 

a 35 year old Kelce will be left wide open

and a mvp candidate in Lamar completely contained in the run and pass - 

will be close through 4 but KC will win and again claim they are disrespected blah blah blah

ugh it’s annoying 

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

and a mvp candidate in Lamar completely contained in the run and pass - 

will be close through 4 but KC will win and again claim they are disrespected blah blah blah

ugh it’s annoying 

Lamar will be the weakest MVP winner I can recall. It's not like the Ravens offense and Lamar are playing like 2019 Ravens and Lamar. And KC's defense has been very stout all year. It would absolutely not be shocking for the Ravens to be contained. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Lamar will be the weakest MVP winner I can recall. It's not like the Ravens offense and Lamar are playing like 2019 Ravens and Lamar. And KC's defense has been very stout all year. It would absolutely not be shocking for the Ravens to be contained. 

Almost expect it at this point really 

I can also see like 31-17 KC win as well

they play them like us ?  It’s gonna be a blowout because Lamar doesn’t have the Allen favor imo to keep up 

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Almost expect it at this point really 

I can also see like 31-17 KC win as well

they play them like us ?  It’s gonna be a blowout because Lamar doesn’t have the Allen favor imo to keep up 

On the flip side, the Ravens defense has been great all season and certainly far healthier than our defense last week. KC could have trouble scoring over 20 points. 

2 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

I’m a very bizarre person. 

But yea, none of those teams have the most electrifying QB in the business. Is it that unreasonable that I’d rather watch Josh Allen than Brock Purdy and Jared Goff 🤷‍♂️ 

Not at all unreasonable to rather watch Allen than Purdy/Goff. Especially being Bills fans. But there’s also two other guys still playing that are very electrifying. Mahomes is the best qb in the league and Lamar is considered the most exciting qb by a lot of people. With 2 MVPs and most likely a Superbowl appearance after this weekend many with put him above Allen going into next year. Our boy has got to step up next season. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Chiefs are all banged up heading to Baltimore. Perfectly healthy when playing us though. 

Injuries matter.  "next man up" or in the case of the Bills last week, "next, next man up" is largely garbage

18 hours ago, Special K said:

Who’s with me??

A true NFL enthusiast would watch sports throughout the season..beginning to end. For me, my season ended when Bills were bumped. Secretly I’m going for the 49ers to win it all.

When was the last time the Chiefs were humiliated? I'd really like to see that Sunday.

On top of that, I want to see Kelce hit a wall very soon and stop making the game-changing plays he does. Then Taylor is simply left with a cro-mag.

I'd love to see Pat drop in the QB rankings after Kelce fades. I know he'll still be top 5 but I hate the narrative that he could be the GOAT and the assumption that he's on a different level from everyone else.

These are the things I'd love to see.

I hope the nfl doesn’t go bankrupt now!!!

and I love football and can’t imagine not watching what should be a great game. Plus, if Baltimore wins, we can say we would have beat them so it’s almost like going to the SB!!!

4 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

When was the last time the Chiefs were humiliated? I'd really like to see that Sunday.

On top of that, I want to see Kelce hit a wall very soon and stop making the game-changing plays he does. Then Taylor is simply left with a cro-mag.

I'd love to see Pat drop in the QB rankings after Kelce fades. I know he'll still be top 5 but I hate the narrative that he could be the GOAT and the assumption that he's on a different level from everyone else.

These are the things I'd love to see.

Chiefs had a bunch of embarrassing games this year. That’s why this loss sucked so much worst. This was the garbage of the Chiefs in the mahomes era. 

and Mahomes has a bottom 5 receiving core and Kelce ain’t Kelce. They are going to go so hard on getting him legit weapons this offseason 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope the nfl doesn’t go bankrupt now!!!

and I love football and can’t imagine not watching what should be a great game. Plus, if Baltimore wins, we can say we would have beat them so it’s almost like going to the SB!!!

Chiefs had a bunch of embarrassing games this year. That’s why this loss sucked so much worst. This was the garbage of the Chiefs in the mahomes era. 

Fair enough. I didn't watch their full regular season games, just some parts. But I'd love for them to lose badly in the post season. Don't expect it, but would relish it very, very much.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

Fair enough. I didn't watch their full regular season games, just some parts. But I'd love for them to lose badly in the post season. Don't expect it, but would relish it very, very much.

I respect that but I struggle to get excited about other teams doing what I wished our team did. It’s like when people got excited about the Pats losing. I could never get there. I just wanted the bills to beat them. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I respect that but I struggle to get excited about other teams doing what I wished our team did. It’s like when people got excited about the Pats losing. I could never get there. I just wanted the bills to beat them. 

It's a loser's consolation prize to be sure. But I'll take it. I can be a petty and spiteful man. I'm ashamed of it in my personal life (and try not to be like that) but I'll own up to it and nurture it when it comes to football.

19 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Auto correct?  Think this name should stick

18 hours ago, Special K said:

Not auto correct......it’s a thing, but I can’t take credit for creating it.

I think it goes back to an advertisement on a train that separated Super Bowl into Superb Owl between two train cars....and it caught on from there.

I had the time to look it up, and found a picture:

image.png.228e5aee7c1ca3393e16428abc1c75ed.png

Edited by Special K

19 hours ago, Success said:

I'm watching w/ very keen interest.

The Ravens should beat the Chiefs handily.  They're better pretty much everywhere but QB, and QB is pretty close.

And that could work out well for us.  The Chiefs losing will truly establish the "Josh Allen curse," whereby every team that beats JA in the playoffs loses the following week. And if the Ravens make the SB and lose, the "SB hangover" that most teams get could potentially lessen their impact as competition in the AFC next year.

But why do Bills fans want Lamar to supplant Allen in the media & fans' eyes?

Everyone saw what happened when the Bengals beat the Chiefs to make it to a Super Bowl. Burrow got all the credit, and the conversation quickly became Mahomes #1, Burrow a close #2, then everyone else a tier below.

People give ALL credit & blame to QBs these days, and Lamar knocking off Mahomes would just have him leapfrog Allen in most people's eyes. If you look forward to seeing Allen disrespected & ranked consistently lower than Lamar on all player & QB tier lists, then sure... cheer for the Ravens.

Don't forget Allen's performance at home head-to-head against Burrow in the playoffs last year. Fans of other teams haven't. Don't believe me, pin this comment & come back next season when you see those "Allen is being disrespected!" threads pop up everywhere.

It will not be fun listening to people hype up Lamar, Mahomes & Burrow next post season, all while they disregard Allen's play through 18 weeks in anticipation of another loss in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.