Ravens vs Texans

aristocrat

1 minute ago, LarryMadman said:

11 penalties for Houston vs 3 for Baltimore, NFL needs to do something about the terrible refereeing

The NFL has to ensure an amateur hour team of buffoons isn’t playing the #1 Seed.

How many pre snap penalties did they have?

8…9 ?

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I agree that Vegas loves the Bills .

It’s hard to say for sure until  we see the Bills tmrw… but assume they win less than 7 … I would say they get 4.5  next week … Ravens had some rust early but looks like they gunna murder the -9.5 today …

Hope we get the chance to see ..

😆 No...   Baltimore at most will be a 2.5 pt favorite next week regardless who it is

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If the Bills take care of KC they should have a great chance to exceed the whopping 31 yards on the ground the Texans amassed today. 

Josh Allen alone will have more then that 

20 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Stroud is too cautious with the ball. You can see why he only threw 5 ints this season.

It’s probably a better learning curve overall to start out a bit cautious and open up as you learn what you can do, vs. leading the league in INTs as a rookie and needing to dial it back.  He hasn’t been so cautious that he’s unproductive as a passer.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That will change today as they feel good about todays game

It’s sure setting up nicely for Baltimore.  More than a full days extra rest and they won’t have a travel day like KC or Buf.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1

The Ravens beat the Texans earlier this year 25-9. Today 34-10. Clearly the Ravens are healthier and have kept their distance. The biggest difference between the two games, the Ravens running game has gotten better, and the run defense was dominant. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I think we give the Ravens a much, much harder time than the Texans did. 

I think so too, but their defense is even better than KC's.

Opponents average 16.5 ppg against them, while also tied for 1st in takeaways (#1 in turnover differential). However, I think our own defense would make life more challenging for their offense, provided they're mostly healthy.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It’s sure setting up nicely for Baltimore.  More than a full days extra rest and they won’t have a travel day like KC or Buf.

Nice point. If the Bills advance they will have conceded three days rest/prep to opponents 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I never felt that. I felt they were clinging on in an unsustainable way against a better team. 

They were driving down the field before the half. They had just tied the game with a punt return TD and then got Baltimore off the field. That was only momentum they had for the entire game then they couldn't finish it. The missed FG just evaporated what modest positives their offense had achieved and Baltimore devoured them in the 2nd half

• Disagree 1

Well I watched the game and just don't see an mvp of the league. 

Sorry say 100 yards running big deal his defense won this game for Baltimore.

FYI how many times does Josh do an interview and say he is a great qb.

• Like (+1) 2

Obviously, this all means nothing without a win tomorrow, but while I think it will be a very difficult matchup for us to win on the road, I certainly wouldn't say there is no chance.  We will be underdogs for sure, but I don't think that is a bad thing for this team at all.  Even though we are favored by a bit tomorrow, it sure doesn't feel that way when you listen to everyone talk.  But regardless, I think if we are blessed enough to beat the Chiefs, we can use our personnel to negate some of what the Ravens like to do on defense.  I think our TEs might force them to not blitz quite as much because I think we can use them to stretch the field a bit forcing guys like Hamilton and Queen to play more coverage down the field than they might like to.  But, that game plan is for another day.  Tomorrow is stressful enough as it is.  Don't need to think about how to beat the Ravens right now, but this was an initial thought.

The Ravens have been bulldozing teams and it hasn’t even been close in any game, until today. The shaky start today might be amplified if a team can cash in TDs. Putting the Ravens in a huge hole early is critical. 

• Simon unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm so proud to see one of our mods talking this way!

In the interests of clarity, I would not snort coke off her ass cheeks myself.

You just don't know what they're putting in that ***** these days.

Now if somebody else went first, then there might be a spirited internal debate.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The Ravens have been bulldozing teams and it hasn’t even been close in any game, until today. The shaky start today might be amplified if a team can cash in TDs. Putting the Ravens in a huge hole early is critical. 

What the hell are you even talking about? 

10 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

FYI how many times does Josh do an interview and say he is a great qb.

I didn't hear him refer to himself, he said Stroud was a great QB.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

20 days off, then you get to play a team that can’t run and can’t stop your run. Thats a cream puff route. Expect next week’s game to be much more challenging for Baltimore.

That’s the reward for not losing to teams like New England, Denver, and the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

It was never close today. Houston's offense scored 3 points.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just got back from dinner out with the wife. I see the score. Was it as lopsided as it appears?

More than it appears. It was a total beatdown.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.