Ravens vs Texans

aristocrat

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Who ya got? I think the Texans get beat today. 

I think the Ravens are overrated. If Stroud gets going they could be in trouble.

Not sure what I'm rooting for here. On one hand a home game is always nice. On the other hand, do I want to face a really good young QB with nothing to lose?

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Three former Bills on that inactive list 

Think Ravens win, but rooting for a Lamar collapse.

Nothing personal, as he’s an exciting player and seems like a great dude, but the obnoxious narrative juxtaposition between the media’s view of him and Allen gets the best of me here.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think the Ravens are overrated. If Stroud gets going they could be in trouble.

Not sure what I'm rooting for here. On one hand a home game is always nice. On the other hand, do I want to face a really good young QB with nothing to lose?

Three former Bills on that inactive list 

will the ravens give up all the big plays the Texans have been getting ? I’d lean no and that’s how they get beat

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

15-20 mph winds 25 degrees dont see Stroud faring well even with Lamar's past playoff history

Stroud played at Ohio State

Hes not an SEC guy who got drafted to Houston 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As I have said previously in other threads, I think the Texans are gonna shock some people today and I got them winning this game.  I don’t think the Ravens are as good as people think.  

they haven’t lost since nov 12 Cleveland game. And stomped the Niners. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Think Ravens win, but rooting for a Lamar collapse.

Nothing personal, as he’s an exciting player and seems like a great dude, but the obnoxious narrative juxtaposition between the media’s view of him and Allen gets the best of me here.  

They'll only slide up Stroud's backside then. He's an excellent QB but the adoration unreasonably grates on me. :blush:

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

they haven’t lost since nov 12 Cleveland game. And stomped the Niners. 

49ers don't bother me that much. They and Miami are very similar and you beat them the same way. If you can handle one you can handle the other. Baltimore beat both. 

Is it a lock? No. Is it possible? Yes. If Houston plays well they could pull an upset. They do what has given Baltimore some trouble.

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As I have said previously in other threads, I think the Texans are gonna shock some people today and I got them winning this game.  I don’t think the Ravens are as good as people think.  

The ravens have allowed a 33 qbr on deep passes this year. Look at that Cleveland game last week. Texans have like 6 25 yard plus plays in the first half alone including a 76 yard td. I don’t think that’s happening today

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

The ravens have allowed a 33 qbr on deep passes this year. Look at that Cleveland game last week. Texans have like 6 25 yard plus plays in the first half alone including a 76 yard td. I don’t think that’s happening today

An offense good at it and a defense good at stopping it.  It's what makes playoff football fun to watch.

13 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

For the safety of WNY, we should probably pull for Balt. A home AFCCG might require Betty Ford herself to show up to the tailgate to try to mitigate the damage. 

Good luck to her with that.

We'll be doing coke off her ass cheeks before lunch.

• Haha (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

For the safety of WNY, we should probably pull for Balt. A home AFCCG might require Betty Ford herself to show up to the tailgate to try to mitigate the damage. 

Why am I now picturing a statue of Betty Ford serving as the bowling ball holder.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Why am I now picturing a statue of Betty Ford serving as the bowling ball holder.

Hmmm, there are some marketing opportunities here.......

Pulling for Houston for all the obvious reasons.

Also I am sick of the double standard used to rate/rank or whatever with Jackson...All these guys on tv and the radio use playoff success as the real way to measure the really good qb's and for some reason no one is allowed t0 d0 that with jackson.  Its annoying.  Jackson stinking up the joint again and losing would be fun....jackson seems like a good dude but I can't stand the way he his babied when these people talk about him in comparison to guys like Allen, Goff, stafford, dak etc.  

Plus I loathe the harbaugh's.  Harbaugh deserves to lose 50-0 today.  Cant stand the guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

15-20 mph winds 25 degrees dont see Stroud faring well even with Lamar's past playoff history

I’m banking on Stroud having the experience of Ohio State’s yearly expectations and playing outdoors with them to maybe mitigate the whole dome narrative? 

i’m hoping upon hope that either Houston, GB or TB wins.  One+ road team will win this weekend it’s a lock. It always is. I don’t want home teams being 3-0 going in to our game.

• Like (+1) 1

This group of 4 guys is the worst pregame show I have ever watched.  RG3 and Marcus Spears have absolutely nothing to offer.  Nothing.  they are not informative or interesting.  

They might as well have like Division 3 bowling on between Cortland and SUNY Geneseo right up until kickoff or something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.