What is your gut telling you right now?

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you feel good about this game?  

What is making your nervous?  What is making you confident?

I feel good, I do expect a win.  I can't handle the thought of us not winning.  I usually don't let games bother me too much, I was surprisingly calm for 13 seconds because I have been let down before by the Bills.  

This one though, this is our redemption game.  We are the better team, we need to win this game.

It's in Buffalo...we can't lose to the Chiefs here.

Our defensive injuries are so worrisome for me.  Keeping my fingers crossed we get at least Taron Johnson, Douglas and Dodson back.  We can't have two back ups at corner and linebacker.  

I was watching Hard Knocks when Miami was cleaning out the lockers and thinking “man, I hope this doesn’t happen Sunday.”  It’s been a crazy season but I’ve enjoyed it

• Agree 1

Concern but only because of the injuries.    Feel like the offense has found a little confidence and swagger.    

But that D has been through hell and back and add in the issues with special teams.   It is a lot to overcome.   

They can do it!   But it’s asking a lot.  

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

That's actually total underdog in his career. 7-3 Straight up. Only losses to Brady, Goff (lol) and Allen. It does include 2017.  

Yup.  The only time he failed to cover as an underdog was to the Bills last season so we've got that going for us.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gut says close loss with a special teams gaff that contributed big time to the loss and we again head into the off-season  questioning whether McDermott is wasting Allen and SBs. 

I gotta say, this is completely surprising coming from you.  You're usually much more positive.

• Haha (+1) 2

My gut says unless Rasul Douglas, Taron Johnson, and Tyrel Dodson come back - we're in trouble.

The good news is Douglas says he's going to play. Taron Johnson has been getting limited practices in, which says to me he's got to be fairly far along in Protocol.

The bad news is that once again, they've all been limited in practice today. Douglas says he'll play, but that's not really his call. There have been situations where guys have said they're good to go, but then didn't get a full practice in and were made Inactive. 

If we have all 3 of them out there and we don't take any more injuries, then we can win this game. If we have Dane Jackson, Kaiir Elam, and Cam Lewis as our starting CB's and A.J. Klein and Dorian Williams as our starting LB'ers - against Patrick Mahomes - that's a terrifying situation.

It's one thing for the MASH unit to hold up against Mason Rudolph and the Steelers Offense. It's another thing entirely to expect the same thing against Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

37 minutes ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

Concern but only because of the injuries.    Feel like the offense has found a little confidence and swagger.    

But that D has been through hell and back and add in the issues with special teams.   It is a lot to overcome.   

They can do it!   But it’s asking a lot.  

I think that says a lot about the job McD has done (even though some may not want to admit it). Through everything this defense has really done well. Credit to Beane also of course.

• Agree 1

Depends on the injuries. I don’t think Bernard will be back in time for this game which is a big loss especially having to deal with Kelce and Pacheco. Hopefully Douglas and Taron Johnson can play if we down either of those guys or both, It’s going to be tough. Key to the game is going to be our Dline and Josh. Can they get pressure on Mahomes?? They haven’t been able to put any pressure on Mahomes the last two playoff meetings and he’s killed us. If that happens a 3rd time I don’t see us winning.  If Mahomes is on point, is Josh going to stay disciplined long enough to not play hero ball. When Josh is pressing..that’s when the bad Josh comes out.  If we can get pressure on Mahomes and Josh plays another clean game we win. 

I actually feel pretty good about the game.  I think it's going to be a very tough battle, especially with our banged up defense.  This is one I think we finally win and get back to the AFCCG though.  From there, who knows but I feel good about this game.

• Like (+1) 1

I expect a win, but the Mahomes/Rice connection is getting better and better and Pacheco is a menace.

At any time you could get the best version of Kelce and I expect Chris Jones to be his usual havoc wreaking self.

This is going to be a tough one.  

For you youngsters and non hockey people out there, I am having this Deja Vu feeling about the Sabres-Hurricanes semi final hockey series in 2006.

Sabres had the best team in the NHL that season, and were the odds on favorites to win the Stanley Cup. Then in the semi finals, the injury bug bit the defense corps, then bit it again, then bit it some more. In the end, the starting defense was a lot of backups and callups from the minors.

Despite excellent play by Ryan Miller and the rest of the offense, the deficit was just too much to overcome, and they ended up losing the series. If the gameday inactives look like the current injury report then, well................

I'm on the fence on this game. 50/50.  Typically a close game with these two teams.  Similar to a basketball game, it'll come down to the last 2 minutes.  But Go BILLS!  I think in the end Josh will make key plays and put Bills in position to WIN.  But watch out for Pacheco and Rice ... they are the keys for KC in this game.

Edited by DallasBillsFan1

7 hours ago, Maynard said:

I’m really worried about all the injuries. I’m not saying we lose, it just makes me 🤢.  

ditto. My gut is in knots just reading this thread. I'm just glad my feels have jack schite to do with results on the field. Last week I had a very calm demeanor. This week not so much.

I feel  like a schmuck even typing it. Pacheco and Kelce plus Mahomes could be a disaster against a weakened Defense backfield

ACK

Lord have mercy. 

My gut tells me that if Von, Ed, Leonard, and Greg show up we have a huge chance of winning. Keep the pressure coming and hit Mahomes hard every time.  Although our LB’ing core may be at low compromised I’m left wondering if the Bills move Von to LBer as an alternative or if needed. He has a lot of experience as an OLB.

Edited by Cubanmist 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

I will. Mahomes couldn’t come back in our earlier meeting. He’s only 3-4 when an opponent scores 10 points first this year.

I'm not sure that, and given our season history here, that we can afford to sleep on any QB.  ... most of all Mahomes.  

Just sayin'.  

I know America wants this game, but personally I hate it. It won't be a blowout. It'll be close. My anxiety will be raging. If we lose it'll be same old story with the bills and we'll here fans screaming for McDermotts head. Even if we do win, then I have to deal with the anxiety of the afc championship, but this is what it's all about 

9 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Are we the better team? We are only 2.5 pt. favorites. Vegas typically gives the home team 3 points. So vegas actually thinks the Bills are ever so slightly worse than the Chiefs. Assuming that's mainly because of all the injuries.

Vegas doesn't give 3 points anymore and hasn't for yrs...home team gets 2 to 2.5 now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, teef said:

i'll question everything all over again if the bills blow it.  it also depends how the game goes.  if superman mahomes suddenly turns up and it's a shoot out...so be it.  i just won't be able to see the sloppy bills stroll out and gift wrap turnovers.  

With Hochuli's help of course

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This I can’t see… Mahomes is going to turn it up a notch Sunday. Just gotta hope Josh matches the intensity.

Imo, there’s a far better chance we blow them out than they win close

I have concerns with officiating getting in the way of this game - hope they just let them play.

Josh is usually a wild card in my mind for the past season and a half. What Josh shows up to play? But I feel like he is dialed in and I am really glad for his sake as he lifts the energy of the whole offense when he is in the zone.

Jones can be a game-wrecker in the middle and I think he is playing on a 1-year deal so basically showcasing his play to either go FA or simply put himself in a great negotiating position. So (as usual) we have to be aware of where he is at and provide some help, but effective running is best way to slow down him pinning his ears back and reeking havoc in the backfield.

I do think we have great depth with our defense that has been tested to the max, but we are now very thin at LB and I did not see any roster moves to shore up that depth so that has me a bit nervous - will see what that injury report looks like at the end of the week.

Perhaps the biggest ***** in our defensive armor is missing Taron Johnson and I think Pittsburgh realized pretty quickly that Cam Lewis in a tough spot filling in for Taron was our "Waldo" (referring to interviews with those who have worked with our OC Brady and how they said one thing he would always do when game planning was to find a player or players on the defense that they could attack - "where's Waldo" )

Knock on wood, that our strong run defenders on the line play the dominant way that they can as KC has been leaning more on their run game. So yeah, I am just trying to enjoy the ride and enjoy this improbable run this year and keep my Bills OCD mania in a healthy place.

Edited by WideNine

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.