Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

FYi,  according to Flight radar a Delta plane from Atlanta just landed at 1:41pm.  Another Delta from JFK arriving at 1:59, and a few other flights are scheduled.  The airport is open.  Steelers charter expected to land at 3:41pm

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

That said - the tweet above is hilarious, and I didn't realize that about D-Day.

If you are interested.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/d-day-allies-invade-europe#:~:text=Allied leaders set June 5,the attack for 24 hours.

Allied leaders set June 5, 1944, as the invasion’s D-Day. But on the morning of June 4, foul weather over the English Channel forced Eisenhower to postpone the attack for 24 hours.

The delay was unnerving for soldiers, sailors, and airmen, but when meteorologists forecast a brief window of clearer weather over the channel on June 6, Eisenhower made the decision to go. It was one of the gutsiest decisions of the war.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

David should of listen better in US History class.  

Then again, most Americans don't know our history either.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I've heard opposing fans bring up D-Day a few times over the past day.  

I mean....really?  Comparing a football game to one of the most impactful military events in world history?

That said - the tweet above is hilarious, and I didn't realize that about D-Day.

Or they could have just watched "Band of Brothers"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Send your complaints to Bills brass and state officials then… or you can yell at the weather??

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

We played them this year.  They know us, we know them.  No big deal.

Regardless of it being less time after the storm, I believe it is safer having people get there and be there during the day, and on the way home before we are in full evening swing.  

And yes, we’ve seen them before, but whatever offers the safest contritions for attendance and play while also giving us the lost rest possible before the next game is the target.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I've heard opposing fans bring up D-Day a few times over the past day.  

I mean....really?  Comparing a football game to one of the most impactful military events in world history?

D-day wasn't really one of the most impactful events in history, although Americans have been led to believe that.

The Wehrmacht was broken and dying by June of 1944, and the complete loss of Heeresgruppemitte during Operation Bragration, just a few days after the Normandy landings, in Belarus, was FAR more impactful.

Anyway, "D-day" does not necessarily mean "allied invasion of France" or "huge important event" so much as a military designation for the date on which an event is scheduled to take place.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Regardless of it being less time after the storm, I believe it is safer having people get there and be there during the day, and on the way home before we are in full evening swing.  

And yes, we’ve seen them before, but whatever offers the safest contritions for attendance and play while also giving us the lost rest possible before the next game is the target.

look at you being the adult. 😀

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's kind of funny.  It's like some fans think the NFL is doing things based on what makes sense, or what is kind, or reasonable, or fair.

The answer to any question about why the NFL did something is always going to be the same from now until Doomsday.....MONEY.

Money=ratings=viewership=etc.

Why in the world do you think we still have 3 pre-season football games, more teams in the playoffs, and 17 games?

That's right.  Money.

I hear this year after year, it's a business not a sport, it's about the money. No kidding. You know why I go to work every day?  The money. 

Do you think this is some sort of revelation?  Why would they make decisions that hurt ratings, make for a poor product, lose money...., if they don't have to.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just looking at the playoff schedule as we know it so far...

Who out there really scares you this playoff year?

This is the weakest (at least on paper) group of teams I can recall in many years playing in the playoffs.

NO ONE "scares me" other than San Francisco.  I want no part of that team, but we wouldn't have to deal with them until the big dance anyway.

Everyone else in both conferences doesn't rise to close to their level.  

Lots of teams could beat us, sure, but they don't scare me and they are beatable opponents.

The door is wide open!

That’s because your view is from a Bills fan perspective.. I assure you fans of Texans Steelers Dolphins Browns were all looking at Mahomes Allen and Lamar as a daunting field.

1 minute ago, Special K said:

For those of us not in Buffalo, how bad is the weather now, and how much better will the weather be tomorrow at 4:30??

Weather is bad in east aurora. Visibility is like 1/16th of a mile. High winds and blowing snow. Not a whole lot of accumulation at this point though. Maybe like 8”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If you are interested.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/d-day-allies-invade-europe#:~:text=Allied leaders set June 5,the attack for 24 hours.

Allied leaders set June 5, 1944, as the invasion’s D-Day. But on the morning of June 4, foul weather over the English Channel forced Eisenhower to postpone the attack for 24 hours.

The delay was unnerving for soldiers, sailors, and airmen, but when meteorologists forecast a brief window of clearer weather over the channel on June 6, Eisenhower made the decision to go. It was one of the gutsiest decisions of the war.

Thanks for this. I’m shocked that an adult with some sense of a following didn’t already know this. Or better checked it on the Google machine before putting that non sense out. Well at least some people are getting educated. 

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

For those of us not in Buffalo, how bad is the weather now, and how much better will the weather be tomorrow at 4:30??

Saw someone post a video of a corner road where you should be able to see the stadium, you could not.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

D-day wasn't really one of the most impactful events in history, although Americans have been led to believe that.

The Wehrmacht was broken and dying by June of 1944, and the complete loss of Heeresgruppemitte during Operation Bragration, just a few days after the Normandy landings, in Belarus, was FAR more impactful.

Anyway, "D-day" does not necessarily mean "allied invasion of France" or "huge important event" so much as a military designation for the date on which an event is scheduled to take place.

Who are you cribbing from? David Glantz? Robert Citino? Wikipedia?

Have a cookie, you're the smartest boy in the class.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

look at you being the adult. 😀

Nuch, I’ve taken so much heat here over this and other posts I have made about a 1 pm Monday kickoff time, like I am some sort of d*** for even suggesting the idea.

I am some sort of d***, but not for these posts. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

It would have been impossible to have a real game today.  The talent on both teams would not have mattered a bit.  They may as well have flipped a coin to see who would advance.

So glad they moved it.  This year seems like such a great opportunity.  Probably our best yet to make a run.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

Who are you cribbing from? David Glantz? Robert Citino? Wikipedia?

Have a cookie, you're the smartest boy in the class.

Not my favorite poster, but he's an aficionado of WW2 history and has posted on the topic before. 

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nuch, I’ve taken so much heat here over this and other posts I have made about a 1 pm Monday kickoff time, like I am some sort of d*** for even suggesting the idea.

I am some sort of d***, but not for these posts. 

Objectively 4:30p is better because it offers more time to clear the snow and still allows for a daylight arrival.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Weather is bad in east aurora. Visibility is like 1/16th of a mile. High winds and blowing snow. Not a whole lot of accumulation at this point though. Maybe like 8”

More like a foot and a half

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

In 2022 No. 5 seed Dallas played No. 2 SF in the divisional round with two-days less rest than SF (the previous week Dallas played the WC on Monday and San Francisco on Saturday).

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

True.  I agreed with you in your post for that statement.  We are drifting off topic, but I have to say that you are wrong about in the

sense that it was (and will always be) the largest most historic land, sea and air invasion by any army in history!

While the Russians broke the Germans in the east, the allies faced some of the best Panzer and Waffen-SS troops still intact.

33 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Thanks for this. I’m shocked that an adult with some sense of a following didn’t already know this. Or better checked it on the Google machine before putting that non sense out. Well at least some people are getting educated. 

Agreed.  I will exit the conversation being it's not for this forum, with the wise saying, "Those who do not heed history are doomed to repeat it".

I take that to heart, even in my own life.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.